Rap About Nothing: Hip Hop Chat Thread

Unheard stories (at least for me. Never heard about big wanting the $7,500 for the Thug life record, and Pac being mad about it, and them falling out over it. Wish Art of Dialogue did this tho

This beef is manufactured they prolly let each other hear it before release.

The only vicious diss song was Chris Browns.
I think this might actually be the end of trap rap. Most of those cats rap with more style than substance. You cant really do that pantomime-mumble-and-plug-in-words-later with diss tracks.

If WATTBA is a classic album, its a classic Future album. Apple Music is aware of this.

this the worst part of all this to me

we never gon get that back :smh:
Exactly bro. **** breaks my heart. I still jam 'Used to This". Musically they both bounced off each other well. Something tells me they will make up one day though. Just like last time, I think they both will realize they would be leaving too much money on the table not to.

Personally i'm not a big fan of Future. but objectively it would be bizzare to write about hip-hop and not talk about Dirty Sprite 2.
but personally I'm not that into it.

I think it would be equally bizarre to get to 2009-2013 and be like

yah all the 40 production knock offs, and drake features, and drake written hits,
that all spawn from a style defined in So Far Gone and Take Care.

we can skip right over those, not important.

All caught up now.

Somone needs to Ps Kendrick in this pic.

1714511886425.png

Sheesh, he don't like that ***** at all. :lol: :smh:

Interested in seeing what Drake's response is if any.

If you're talking about no classic albums I think the better target is J Cole.
tbh Jcole putting himself in the big three of rap always sounded crazy to me.

The big three of this generation is Kendrick, Drake and Future.

like that seems super obvious to me.
I don't see how you put Jcole over Future and I don't think its that close.

How are we talking about classic rap albums and this ***** didn't write or live none of these raps? Can't have ghostwriters and even be in the conversation for classic anything.

I'm struggling to even picture a drake rap without all the goat talk and tough guy street fantasies? Drake would be wale without all his cosplay.

I you're talking about no classic albums I think the better target is J Cole.
tbh Jcole putting himself in the big three of rap always sounded crazy to me.

The big three of this generation is Kendrick, Drake and Future.

like that seems super obvious to me.
I don't see how you put Jcole over Future and I don't think its that close.

Lmao

Personally i'm not a big fan of Future. but objectively it would be bizzare to write about hip-hop and not talk about Dirty Sprite 2.
but personally I'm not that into it.

I think it would be equally bizarre to get to 2009-2013 and be like

yah all the 40 production knock offs, and drake features, and drake written hits,
that all spawn from a style defined in So Far Gone and Take Care.

we can skip right over those, not important.
Objectivity is not here. Drake is really Bron. I hate to keep using the sports/music comparisons, but bro is so polarizing that some ppl just hate dude. Ngl you either hate Drake or glaze. I try my best to be objective but I cant cap Drake is my favorite artist, but I grew up listening to Drake, Kendrick and Cole so I can be a lil more objective in this beef. Big fans of all 3. They all have classics imo

How are we talking about classic rap albums and this ***** didn't write or live none of these raps? Can't have ghostwriters and even be in the conversation for classic anything.

I'm struggling to even picture a drake rap without all the goat talk and tough guy street fantasies? Drake would be wale without all his cosplay.
We still running with this narrative? Knowing damn well Drakes pen is elite. This has been stated by other artist, not me. Also he has written many songs for others. Including "I dont write" Lil Wayne. (Im Single was written by Drake)

Objectivity is not here. Drake is really Bron. I hate to keep using the sports/music comparisons, but bro is so polarizing that some ppl just hate dude. Ngl you either hate Drake or glaze. I try my best to be objective but I cant cap Drake is my favorite artist, but I grew up listening to Drake, Kendrick and Cole so I can be a lil more objective in this beef. Big fans of all 3. They all have classicomplaints.

Drake is Tom Brady

This is all I’m saying. Everything else was fire, but its just not realistic to say Drake ain’t got no classics. Imo. This bar HAD to be for Cole.

Attachments

• IMG_5808.jpeg
    IMG_5808.jpeg
    230.5 KB · Views: 281
We still running with this narrative? Knowing damn well Drakes pen is elite. This has been stated by other artist, not me. Also he has written many songs for others. Including "I dont write" Lil Wayne. (Im Single was written by Drake)

His pen is elite? You're delusional. Other artists have stated he doesn't write and that all this **** is an act, I guess you hear what you want to hear. All the reference leaks, the fact he always sounds like whoever he's around at the moment. Pretty clear he has had massive amounts of wrtting help his entire career. Classic is subjective but if we're talking rap, you gotta put an asterisk on anything Drake related. 2024 and rappers with ghostwriters can have classic albums, wattba.

Drake could make an album full of time stamp type records. (5am in Toronto, 9am in Dallas, etc..) and he would have the "classic" I guess brothas in here want him to have. He chose versatility.

One of these days yall gonna let this ghost writer stuff go once you admit they all do it.

It’s actually kinda wild Drake fans have given him a pass for being a pedo and the ghost writing… you don’t even have to bring up how “black” he is and it’s still insane people give him a pass for all of this.

If WATTBA a classic
Watch The Throne gotta be a classic

Don't even think they got chemistry like that, Future is just a versatile artist who can help an artist pop while still doing his thing

Back
Top Bottom