Rap About Nothing: Hip Hop Chat Thread

The point that’s being argued (as I understand it) is that Drake is utilizing his proximity to a subset of Black culture for monetary gain. He’s essentially conveniently cosplaying an urban Black man who grew up in dire straits, for money.

Lolwut? When did Drake do that?

Overall Dot’s diss was dope

After the the little intro and beat change I hated the sound of his voice. That is not it. He was still setting up but that’s easily the worst part of the diss. The beginning was way better and had better lines.

That voice is so trash. He sounds desperate and/or like he got asthma/emphysema is trying to yell but 031

Scam artist, don’t tell no lie about me I won’t tell the truth about you :pimp:

Three ghosts left and two of them kissing and hugging on stage
:lol: Ol friendly *** ******

Let me see you PUSH A T :rofl:

Notice I said we, it’s not just me, I’m what the culture feeling

How many more black features until you feel black enough

2 bad *****es, might pop *** with em

YOU DONT KNOW NOTHING BOUT THAT

KNOW NOTHING BOUT THAT!!!!

:smh: How you dissing how a ***** raise his child :rofl:

Crodie
Crodie
Crodie
Tell me you cheesing fam
:rofl:

We don’t want to hear you say ***** no more

:rofl: :smh:

Drake’s response is gonna have to ignore like 90% of that. Cuz if he calls Kendrick a racist in another talk with his mom he is done. Better pray Prince stops this before that happens.

Also he better not nitpick and mention the Joel Osteen name mistake.

He needs to have layered and multiple shots. Kendrick cut deep. He has to respond in kind.

Love Kendrick for bringing the hating back :lol:
Just thought about Kendrick’s voices

Delivery wise I think he’s right there with Nicki Minaj. Stylistically there’s a relation there.

Drake cannot try to play Kendrick’s game of trying to walk him down and bar him up. He can’t write with him. He asked for “quintuple” entendres and Kendrick gave him what he wanted :lol:

Drake has to make a bop.

Also I ain’t walk in their shoes but light skins must have it harder than I thought.

Every time it gets repeated I think damn yall struggle with being black that much? Trying to overcompensate constantly? To the point you may be considered a vulture/appropriator? :lol: :smh:

Just thought about Kendrick’s voices

Delivery wise I think he’s right there with Nicki Minaj. Stylistically there’s a relation there.

Drake cannot try to play Kendrick’s game of trying to walk him down and bar him up. He can’t write with him. He asked for “quintuple” entendres and Kendrick gave him what he wanted :lol:

Drake has to make a bop.
Yeah I been thinking that.

He gotta call Kendrick a B and make that the chorus/hook. Make it really catchy so that ppl just unknowingly find themselves singing it.

Mase just started the show saying drake winning :smh:

Shyne >>> mase
giphy - 2024-04-20T153358.236.gif

Kendrick should say whatever works, it's a rap beef.

But the litigation of Drakes blackness is one of the most brain dead lines of argument.

It's very obvious to me a lot of Americans are litigating their own insecurities with blackness via Drake. It's sad to see.:lol:

I think this is the point :lol:.

The song is about his career, literally everyone starts from the bottom.

It's not about him living in crushing poverty or moving drugs.

It's about the bottom of his story living at home with mom to being a rap superstar.

It's all very obvious,
but something about Drake causes certain Americans to lose their minds. :lol:

Drake derangement syndrome.

m
The song is about his career, literally everyone starts from the bottom.

It's not about him living in crushing poverty or moving drugs.

It's about the bottom of his story living at home with mom to being a rap superstar.

It's all very obvious,
but something about Drake causes certain Americans to lose their minds. :lol:

Drake derangement syndrome.
You're doing the thing where you make a broad claim, it’s wrong and then you come back and make a narrow claim to try and assert yourself as being right again. RustyShackleford RustyShackleford

The thread has repeatedly talked about Drake cosplaying certain tropes of what he perceives Blackness to be. We hav old videos of him mocking Black Canadian slang as ignorant, to present day Drake talking “mob ties” and how he’ll get people touched in his raps, etc. There’s no derangement in questioning how child star from Degrassi Drake went from thinking Black Canadian slang was ignorant to what he does now.

Kendrick should say whatever works, it's a rap beef.

But the litigation of Drakes blackness is one of the most brain dead lines of argument.

It's very obvious to me a lot of Americans are litigating their own insecurities with blackness via Drake. It's sad to see.:lol:

If I would have included something else in what Kendrick said

I hate Drakes fans

and every time you dudes prove me right. :lol:

Drake has something going on with some of these dudes like Gillie caping for him
Nah I think they just some ol 'low vibration' *** dudes. You not getting more than a quick one liner from Mase. That diss was a LOT. Too much for some. They just wanna here "Your rhymes are wack and you girl ugly" type dudes. I think Kendrick just elevated the whole idea of a diss track.

Overall Dot’s diss was dope

After the the little intro and beat change I hated the sound of his voice. That is not it. He was still setting up but that’s easily the worst part of the diss. The beginning was way better and had better lines.

That voice is so trash. He sounds desperate and/or like he got asthma/emphysema is trying to yell but 031

Scam artist, don’t tell no lie about me I won’t tell the truth about you :pimp:

Three ghosts left and two of them kissing and hugging on stage
:lol: Ol friendly *** ******

Let me see you PUSH A T :rofl:

Notice I said we, it’s not just me, I’m what the culture feeling

How many more black features until you feel black enough

2 bad *****es, might pop *** with em

YOU DONT KNOW NOTHING BOUT THAT

KNOW NOTHING BOUT THAT!!!!

:smh: How you dissing how a ***** raise his child :rofl:

Crodie
Crodie
Crodie
Tell me you cheesing fam
:rofl:

We don’t want to hear you say ***** no more

:rofl: :smh:

Drake’s response is gonna have to ignore like 90% of that. Cuz if he calls Kendrick a racist in another talk with his mom he is done. Better pray Prince stops this before that happens.

Also he better not nitpick and mention the Joel Osteen name mistake.

He needs to have layered and multiple shots. Kendrick cut deep. He has to respond in kind.

Love Kendrick for bringing the hating back :lol:

How dismissive and how he was scolding him the whole time :rofl:

Naw, this is what dudes really think about you not your pee sitting down fans

Back
Top Bottom