Rap About Nothing: Hip Hop Chat Thread

"You definition of classic is wrong because real hip hop heads don't agree"
Lies. I ask you to name classic tracks, you instead talk about the commercial success of the album. Which for the culture of what the art means is unimportant. You can disagree— but shocking, relying on commercial sales puts you in the contrarian view of this :lol:
Yah and those arguments respectfully are brain dead. There rooted in classic American myopia of other people and countries.
or its based on what Drake presented himself as initially and what he’s been cosplaying as mostly over this last 10 year stretch. When people tell you explicitly what the issue is, and YOU make it about something else, then that’s your choice.

Finna get spooky

1714574752613.jpeg

And It just burns your soul that this dude became the biggest rapper in the game. :lol:

I know hurts man, I know it but you gotta let it go.

Drake is cool, got kinda mid after Views/More Life but 09-2015 has some good ****

You on the other hand seem to be living vicariously through dude/you seem to especially relate to dude being a lame from overseas detached from American black culture that reinvented himself…

Drake is cool, got kinda mid after Views/More Life but 09-2015 has some good ****

You on the other hand seem to be living vicariously through dude/you seem to especially relate to dude being a lame from overseas detached from American black culture that reinvented himself…

I'd say pure mid post 2014 NWTS and IYRTITL was like warm mid.

Views, More Life, Scorpion, CLB, all that **** just blends in and is forgettable

Lies. I ask you to name classic tracks, you instead talk about the commercial success of the album. Which for the culture of what the art means is unimportant. You can disagree— but shocking, relying on commercial sales puts you in the contrarian view of this
Lies. I literally laid out a 3 part test for what is a classic album, it wasn't just commercial success.

My interpretation is well in line with objective critism on any art form.

The reason I didn't name any classic tracks is because you couldn't even articulate your own standard for what makes something classic. And just relied on an appeal to authority.
You aren't attempting objective critical engagement so I didn't see a point in pushing it.

Again you just don't agree, so you start with the contrarian stuff.. I'm sorry I don't have the same aching desire to conform to the dumb popular opinion.

You got me, guilty as charged. :lol:

Yeah just like Jim dissed Pusha for Drake. Cam said the song was too long, wasn't his Hov diss like 6 minutes? Mase saying the record took too long, Drake ain't drop his record the next day after Like That, it was was like the same couple weeks.
It definitely was 6 minutes
Hell 6 minutes and 13 seconds at that

The reason I didn't name any classic tracks is because you couldn't even articulate your own standard for what makes something classic.

Lmao. Dude can’t name any classic tracks on his classic albums so he has to write paragraphs.

We get it. You’re living vicariously through Drake and you gotta ride for your fellow Canadian. You’re out of your element discussing American rap though.

1714575954295.png

I love it, yes give me your sneaker forum sociology Professor 6pac.

tell me more about who is and isn't black. :lol:

Back
Top Bottom