Rap About Nothing: Hip Hop Chat Thread

real question is which role is yalls favorite?

roadman? gyaldem? Bobbi interview? the one that randomly be speaking Arabic?

I am partial to the Her Loss version myself

Again this so dumb, and just classic American myopia. :lol:

Toronto slang and culture is heavily influenced by Carribean and Somali immigration.

You'll hear people of all races say arabic slang terms like wallahi, or various Carribean influenced things.

Hooping I've heard Asian dudes talking about "say whalahi bro" :lol:

That's just what it is, you guys just can't wrap your heads around the idea that proximate cultures mix and eventually new slang and ways of speaking emerge that might be different from America.

A black guy from Toronto being influenced by the biggest immigrant communites and including slang terms used in his music is not some conspiracy. :lol:

Artist are influenced by the artists and music around them wow, crazy right?

Again this so dumb, and just classic American myopia. :lol:

Toronto slang and culture is heavily influenced by Carribean and Somali immigration.

You'll hear people of all races say arabic slang terms like wallahi, or various Carribean influenced things.

Hooping I've heard Asian dudes talking about "say whalahi bro" :lol:

That's just what it is, you guys just can't wrap your heads around the idea that proximate cultures mix and eventually new slang and ways of speaking emerge that might be different from America.

A black guy from Toronto being influenced by the biggest immigrant communites and including slang terms used in his music is not some conspiracy. :lol:

Artist are influenced by the artists and music around them wow, crazy right?

IMG_1293.jpeg

Yall are acting like Drake is Jack Harlow. The revisionist history is ridiculous. The culture has been with Drake since 09. Especially with the women, but black brothas too
Drake is closer to Jack Harlow & Eminem, that he is to a rapper like even J Cole :lol:

“the culture” has never FULLY been with him. He’s been trying to prove it the entire time. HE SAYS IT HIMSELF. He said himself people don’t consider him “black enough”. It’s always a thing.

For you to be a big Drake fan, you seem oblivious to how he’s been viewed, and the convos around him.

NOW I’M HERE AND I’M NOT BLACK ENOUGH” – DRAKE​

I don’t know what communities you grew up in…but around me, it’s always been like 50-50 with Drake. With people saying “he’s cool”. But it’s always been a stigma he couldn’t shake. Just him. From the RIP.

DMX rant is the inspiration for Kendrick hate rant:

And this is funny too

Last edited:
I've quite honestly never seen Africans in America say black Americans aren't black.

I've seen Africans say THEY'RE not black but that's a whole different discussion.

That's fine you can believe that.

But best believe they talk nasty about y'all when you not around.

Burns Boy gave the sanitized version of it saying "you have no culture" stuff.

The sentiment is very real. The idea that you have no culture, your culture is fake / invented by white people/ you not really black.

Don't ask especially older west African what they think about African American names. Many think your culture is fake, and the names are pathetic attempts to have a culture when you actually don't.

I DON'T AGREE WITH THIS. I think it's dumb. But the sentiment is real.

I will say this. It is annoying seeing some of these non-white hip hop accounts and pages try to downplay this Kendrick diss. Never trying to make it racial but i see a pattern. Drake is my favorite rapper, but that Kenny diss was fire. People are buggin.

I've quite honestly never seen Africans in America say black Americans aren't black.

I've seen Africans say THEY'RE not black but that's a whole different discussion.
Cuz it’s not really true, don’t let yo try to derail this further :lol:

Somebody straight from Africa may say black Americans a different type of black than them but black is still the key word…Wth else would they be then? :lol: , I never seen or heard that foolishness either so it might be a rural Canada thing

Lashing out and the people dominating your music for 15 years. Its gotta be painful to have something you invented taken from you. :lol:

Ahhhhhh this is what it’s all about :lol: just say you’re riding for your countryman bro you don’t have to make it something else.

I’ll just say this: The only “6” we acknowledge is zone 6 east Atlanta :smile:

I'm actually going to give Drake credit for that response tweet from 10 things I hate about you. Legit funny and ties back into the beef nicely. Not only did K.dot go on about hating this and that about Drake, but Drake did say these dudes got his picture on the wall when they get in the studio.

I am entertained. Well done by all.

K.dots track is scaaathing, though. Lot of heat. I don't like his flow in some portions, but man...he fried him indeed.

I'm actually going to give Drake credit for that response tweet from 10 things I hate about you. Legit funny and ties back into the beef nicely. Not only did K.dot go on about hating this and that about Drake, but Drake did say these dudes got his picture on the wall when they get in the studio.

I am entertained. Well done by all.

K.dots track is scaaathing, though. Lot of heat. I don't like his flow in some portions, but man...he fried him indeed.

Kendrick got a whiz reference in euphoria

Responding with a 10 things I hate about clip ain’t doing much when your persona is being questioned

Kendrick got a whiz reference in euphoria

Responding with a 10 things I hate about clip ain’t doing much when your persona is being questioned
Was it supposed to do much? Think it was just for the lulz, and like I said, it tied into the beef really well.

Ahhhhhh this is what it’s all about :lol: just say you’re riding for your countryman bro you don’t have to make it something else.

I’ll just say this: The only “6” we acknowledge is zone 6 east Atlanta :smile:

I'm riding for my country and have ****ted on his last 5 albums. Sure man. :lol:

It's a fact, personally I don't know how y'all let drake dominate the game when he's been past his prime for a while now.

But hey what do I know, I dunno I'm just a simple not black Nigerian-canadian. :lol:

it’s not all of us. think upbringing and light skin stereotypes has a lot to do with it and if you can’t joke back you really in trouble

also a difference between light skin and biracial. I got 4 Black grandparents and ****** been telling me I got dark skin tendencies since I was in like middle school :lol:

I have never had identity issues in my life. my daughter did, her mom is biracial but doesn’t look mixed at all. but she was raised in a white household so she had some issues too that she got over later in life.

my daughter got right living with me from 6 to her teens and being surrounded by us for her real development.
Yeah yeah my bad. I should not group the light skins with the biracial in this instance. There is a difference.

Cuz the black light skin dudes I grew up with and am still cool with never had those insecurities. Never no arguments about blackness or a feeling that they were a try-hard for that.

And props to you for peeping that with your daughter and getting her right. Upbringing and environment matter a lot for better or worse.

Back
Top Bottom