Rap About Nothing: Hip Hop Chat Thread

Correct
Been telling people since Day 1 he’s from the the turf, and really one of them ones
these palm trees aint in turks

How Kendrick Lamar and Jay Rock's 'King's Dead' music video achieved those  impossibly long zooms | The Independent | The Independent

See that’s the thing. Black Americans have never looked to Africans for validation. Seems like Africans get more hung up on the “African” American term than we do and feel the need to create separation. It’s just a formal name on the census for most of us. Black is what we call ourselves culturally. I will agree that America is a bubble that doesn’t recognize the world outside of it which goes back to my point that Black Americans have never cared what Africans have thought of us. Hip Hop is less than 50 years old and recognized and imitated worldwide, us culture-less black folks clearly did something right.
Thread bout to get real nasty if we continue down this road.

Rap beef making it very serious around here lmao.

See that’s the thing. Black Americans have never looked to Africans for validation. Seems like Africans get more hung up on the “African” American term than we do and feel the need to create separation. It’s just a formal name on the census for most of us. Black is what we call ourselves culturally. I will agree that America is a bubble that doesn’t recognize the world outside of it which goes back to my point that Black Americans have never cared what Africans have thought of us. Hip Hop is less than 50 years old and recognized and imitated worldwide, us culture-less black folks clearly did something right.

I’ve literally had people ask me what am I and I respond “black” and they’re just like “African American?”

And I hit them with the “I know nothing about Africa, I’m black”.

With that being said I to do not care about what Africans have to say about black Americans. Because when they get pulled over they’re in the same boat as me 😂.

Tell Beam stay right with you

So this the newest ghostwriter

Beam put out a project called Planet Beam a few years ago that I liked and I was wondering how he had such a seemingly big budget then he popped up on Beyonce's Renaissance album. When I looked him up i saw a bunch of gospel credits

Aubrey “You don’t know nothin bout dat”
1714602381503.jpeg
Lol I hate to open up a can of worms from yesterday, but this is Kendrick’s black wife y’all was getting on my *** about not being able to tell if she was black or not? She more passing than Drake. Beautiful family however

All jokes aside...free this man.

This is not a quick or speedy trial. Bro was been in jail since 2019, if you can't convict him in 5 years let him go.

And I think he did it too.

At least a bond. Especially after the initial mistrial.

I guess cuz most folks assume you guilty if you get arrested but it always amazed and frustrated me how ppl can sit in jail for long stretches before even a trial or verdict…Then they let you go after a couple years like it’s supposed to be cool, wicked system you gotta stay out of it

Back
Top Bottom