Rap About Nothing: Hip Hop Chat Thread

I don't know about dethroning because when was the last time Drake represented hip hop? He's been a pop act since probably the Views album. He really ain't moved or started nothing in hip hop in a decade. Everybody he latch onto is already poppin. None of them OVO dudes are poppin, supposed to be the biggest "rapper" but he has the quietest label. It don't add up.

It's definitely a cultural cleansing going on. A lot of dudes been watching him vulture hip hop and it feels he started doing blatant sucka **** and _'s like "aight that's the last straw". Ross, Metro, Future, Rocky. Now I think what set Dot off is when they wanted him on First Person Shooter, he probably felt offended like Drake tryna get him to be fake friends again like with everybody else and here we are.
OVO still a writers camp for drake and it shows.

I disagree that Drake isn't top top dog. He might be latching onto more established artist but he almost legitimized all those ATL artist Kendrick mentioned in Not Like US. All these dudes benefitted from the Drake feature early on.

21 just got his biggest look ever after the album with Drake.

Every time I scroll through the tl too quickly and see that air max mid air I know I gotta scroll back to tap into the f'ery

SmartSelect_20240504_205549_Chrome.jpg

OVO still a writers camp for drake and it shows.

I disagree that Drake isn't top top dog. He might be latching onto more established artist but he almost legitimized all those ATL artist Kendrick mentioned in Not Like US. All these dudes benefitted from the Drake feature early on.

21 just got his biggest look ever after the album with Drake.

Top male pop artist yeah.

What Atlanta rapper needed him? 21 and that's it.

i’ve had this discussion with friends before, and when you think about it, most wrap, beef in general boil down to “chatty pattyness”
In the most simplistic sense, the best beef is the ones that involve dirty laundry getting aired out and personal insults.

Top male pop artist yeah.

What Atlanta rapper needed him? 21 and that's it.
Drake gave migos, Future, and Baby (somewhat) their first look nationally.

The Drake stimulus is a real thing. He not breaking as many completely new acts but look at 4batz, his song was already huge but he still picked Drake for his first feature, is a proven recipe.

The craziest thing about all the diss songs, I haven’t heard one on the radio. Granted, I don’t listen to the radio much but I remember when Jay vs Nas was going on, they played the disses every hour lol.
Bruh, all they do in the morning is play all the diss songs back to back in a big mix.

DJ Envy played Like That, 7 Minute Drill, Push Ups, Taylor Made, and Euphoria for like a week. Then jumped to the Chris Brown and Quavo diss songs.

But that’s NY tho

Drake gave migos, Future, and Baby (somewhat) their first look nationally.

The Drake stimulus is a real thing. He not breaking as many completely new acts but look at 4batz, his song was already huge but he still picked Drake for his first feature, is a proven recipe.
:lol:

not even close

ATL been the center of rap for at least a decade if not longer
Thug got more fame from camilla cabello than drake

This feels different, Aubrey has been as untouchable as a person can be in the industry even off all of the allegations and stuff over the years. He's always just been able to ignore and move on. Nobody has come for his *** in this way before that has the credibility and conviction hat Dot has. He's actually trying to end this dude as an entity in the industry. The disgust and disdain he has for Drake is palpable and real. He HATES this man. And trying to get him all the way outta the paint.

I don't disagree. I said it when Dot did that BET cypher, you could feel the disdain in his voice (my foot in the back of yo ***). This is all built up.

But with everybody else though, they was cool with Drake when he was the nice guy. Like Ross said in that diss (this ain't the same whytboi that was happy to be around..). I think they feel like they help create a monster, a goofy monster by giving him street cred letting him latch onto them for cool points. We never seen a line of other artists from different areas saying "**** this _". Even The Weeknd, he not even a rapper and he from Toronto. :lol:

Back
Top Bottom