Rap About Nothing: Hip Hop Chat Thread

i think kendrick really did speak for a lot of people when he said that he liked drake with the melodies. that’s how i feel. i just don’t like the rap records. the gangster “war general” stuff is so fake it really insults my intelligence. i can’t listen to that.
Oh I totally agree but that seems to be what he wants to do and what sells for him these days. I’d much rather have early sing songy Drake back just because that stuff was better

Jay Electronica. Snoop was sharing the AI track around. 50 been quiet
Nobody care about Jay

Snoop sharing that track is hilarious though wasn’t aware of that

50 made it clear he supported Drake when family matters dropped

Guess I meant more so relevant artists that are still dropping

drake got 2 major L’s now. him and his fans will forever be laughed at when mentioned in rap conversations. ether still follows hov around and he doesn’t care but this is gonna scar drake forever.

as far as his pop legacy goes, i don’t give a damn.

It was a mistake for Jay to go on Angie and say that his mom didn't like his diss song. He didn't sound confident and sounded saddened.

Drake did that in The Heart Part 6.

Is anyone else even coming out to support Drake

Game can’t even have a direct and clear call out if that was for Rick Ross smh lol

Where is Travis Scott or YG
Travis Scott has no business in any rap battle/beef ever :lol:, he's stayed quiet for years while his mentor 'Ye has been catching slugs from all directions.

YG also knew and worked with Kendrick before Drake so even though he shouted him out of Family Matters, I doubt he'd ever step in on his behalf especially against another Compton staple

Ross, The Lox, Game, and Cam all got the better of 50 on wax.. in fact 50 may have taken more Ls on wax than any other rapper... But you did say goat level so maybe 50 doesn't apply here.

Ross didn't win, he just survived, which people considered a win.

Cam didn't win. He called him his name. That was the biggest take away.

I think only Game actually won.

He needs to fall back into that "Keke do you love me" bag and stay there.

I don't wanna hear anything about Mob Ties, Chubs crashing out, you looking for revenge none of that.

I mean neither him nor Kendrick were ever on the mt Rushmore. Who even said that was a thing. Drake is a super popular artist liek Taylor swift. Swift is nowhere near the top vocalists etc

Drake did. I don't wanna hear this type of talk from him no more.

IMG_9201.jpeg

Except not really. This whole drama started only because Dj Vlad only said Kendrick needed better mixing on Not Like Us . Turning that into a race issue is ridiculous
Right, I disagree with what she said, but he was ridiculous with his replies after that. Almost as ridiculous as using a burner on a message board after your guy got waxxed.

Right, I disagree with what she said, but he was ridiculous with his replies after that. Almost as ridiculous as using a burner on a message board after your guy got waxxed.
Honestly she got what she deserved. Dont make it a race thing on things that weren’t about race to begin with. He was literally just commenting on mixing

My favorite part of the entire diss is the last verse of Not Like Us.

No pedo ****, no wife beater bars, no molestation, no gossip…. Just straight facts. I know that **** burned drake’s soul. The only way it could get better is if future drops a diss track this week.

I don’t mind drake making music for his fans to enjoy, but stop stealing folks swag/juice under the guise of a “stimulus package”. Unfortunately artists will never turn down the $ and I can’t blame him for that, but there’s no reason for established artists to let drake keep using them.
Bruv that was one of if not the deepest cut disses in history

There was no coming back from that because of how true it was

Genius level writing and equally as good on the execution no pun

Drake was way better off not responding at all especially with that garbage

Except not really. This whole drama started only because Dj Vlad only said Kendrick needed better mixing on Not Like Us . Turning that into a race issue is ridiculous
That poor mixing is what makes me think Kendrick didn't necessarily have these in the cuff, so to speak. There was definitely a bit of improv...dare I say even freestyling. Thats just a guess tho.

Back
Top Bottom