Rap About Nothing: Hip Hop Chat Thread

Driving back to TX from IL today and some 8Ball &MJG came On the shuffle and it prompted me to run thru bout 10 tracks I rock with from em. Swear I feel like they don’t get the flowers they deserve.

Also random: Rappers ages really be throwing me off. All this time I used to think 8ball and MJG were “older” acts when I was in Highschool. Got to lookin stuff up and whole time these dudes was younger than Hov. Same for UGK. Guess maybe because they first dropped in real early 90s I assumed they were just older than what they were. (Forgive me Im on the road with nothing but time 😂)

Last edited:
Jan/Feb 2009 XXL issue
IMG_2547.jpeg
IMG_2549.jpeg
IMG_2548.jpeg
IMG_2551.jpeg
IMG_2553.jpeg
IMG_2552.jpeg
IMG_2550.jpeg

“I like Drake with the melodies, I don’t like Drake when he act tough”

“Keep makin’ me dance, wavin’ my hand and it won’t be no threat”

Easy to hate now but man Drake run for 15 years is probably something we never see again, all these tracks were heavy outside

Crazy Dot ended it all, kind of fitting too

:rofl:

Man pass me what you guys smoking in here lol.

End Drake lol

Drake will be fine, he's going to continue doing him and carry on he took an L but once he drops a couple of hits and features it'll be back to the next thing.

J Cole I think will take the hardest hit but even then he'll be fine too.

We live a fish world now, everything is comes fast and goes fast and nothing has any lasting power... nothing.

It's always on to the next nonsense or thing.

I really like a lot of the Cole backlash is because of Aubrey's fans as a distraction. What about Cole takes the heat off him.

Cole has always been what he was, mediocre and often boring albums to me, but can rap. He needed a beef for people to realize that? It just shows how people can't think for self and will follow whatever is popular.

Nobody thought he was a tough guy. This isn't the school bully being confronted and running home.

Considering the type of song it is, what do they want him to say? You want some deep philosophical lyricism?

People are going to start nitpicking his career and moves. Over the past few years he's done a lot of Aubrey moves and working with people you wouldn't expect him too. It's that 30's midlife crisis in rap maneuvers.

One thing is you don't want to become the Meek/Game in rap, where you start becoming the butt of jokes. It begins to overshadow your music.

Back
Top Bottom