Ray Donovan; new series on showtime

started off great. but kinda felt like it was dragging along the rest of the way.

gotta rewatch it with no distractions this time.

i thought tonight's ep was better than the pilot.

Not sure if I'm sold just yet. There's a lot going on, which is understandable with a new series, but I think it needs to narrow its focus.

Brotherhood and The Black Donnelly's were cancelled. TV hasn't been kind to the Irish gangster.

Last edited:
Solid episode tonight; I am liking this show so far. On a side note I saw a preview that Homeland is already coming back September 29th.
nthat.gif

Mickey Donovan: Are you a ***?

Conor Donovan: I don't think so.

Mickey: I knew some standup **** in prison.

Mickey: If one of your friends wants to give you a blowjob, that's fine. A mouth is a mouth.

Mickey: But don't let anyone **** you in the ***. That's how you get sick.

Conor: Thanks Grandpa.

mean.gif
laugh.gif

Digging this show so far.
pimp.gif

Last edited:
It's pretty obvious Conor likes boys. You see the way his face lit up when he saw the ad on the bus, not to mention his little im'ing session at the end of the episode.

will someone provide their login info to watch on sho.com? the hotel doesn't have showtime and I'm going nuts not being able to watch it

that or post the second episode

will someone provide their login info to watch on sho.com? the hotel doesn't have showtime and I'm going nuts not being able to watch it

that or post the second episode

search twitter for ray donovan stream. you should be able to find a working link quickly.

Thanks for input THB, I tried and only came up with episode 1 in the search. I'm gonna slide by my parents for lunch and check it on OnDemand.

just noticed that was Monk from the Wire on there.

why do rapper types on tv and movies still seem like they're from 2002?  It's cringe-worthy most of the time

Last edited:
Interesting nugget from AV club:

I am curious about the racial undertones of the show—why is the episode called “Twerk”? Why does Mickey unapologetically feti****e black women? Why is Ray’s daughter “corrupted” by a young black man, a boy “bought” from his mother for an adult rapper? As Mickey objectifies the gyrating rear end of black women on screen, a black boy objectifies the rear end of Mickey’s white granddaughter. This is significant, but I cannot tell you how.

http://www.avclub.com/articles/twerk,99745/

I felt those racial undertones were pretty cliche, played out to the point that I really didn't care for it or where those story lines would go but I expect that's what they're going for. Mickey doing it just made me think dirty old man, I prefer him telling crude jokes and this kid being bought by a rapper was just too naive and stupid not know what he's getting in to. I guess this is how they're painting LA.

Anyway, the wife pisses me off. Reminds me of a lot of Tony's wife though, down to looks but maybe cuz I've just got a heavy dose of Betty Draper and Skylar White that I'm really wishing we'd get some women that are more upstanding and actually loyal instead of so petty and childish.

I'm still tryin to get a feel for the brothers. To me right now they're painting Ray close to this boss figure but he's really just a fixer.

mickey has been jokes the entire series ...the first episode had alot of ground to cover but

since then its picked up tremendously

As a black man, I am not offended by what I have seen on the show. Mickey has a half black son, why wouldn't he be watching black chicks shake it fast aka twerk? Damn near every brother I know has had or is trying for some pink toes, so why would I be offended that the black JustinBieber trying to get him one? some people look too deep into these shows, plus its real life. this **** is happening every day

I didn't even peep that was Monk til you mentioned Chilled...he came off like a sucker though with a dude just breaking in his place.

I'm feeling this show. Looking forward to seeing how this new agent affects the main characters. and what will happen to the guy ready to point Mickey out.

The title character & his family are all from Boston... That kinda explains everything. It's in the characters make-up. I don't think the show is making subversive or subliminal racial statements or contributing to the state of racism in the country.

why do rapper types on tv and movies still seem like they're from 2002?  It's cringe-worthy most of the time
ME and my bro was talking bout this the other day, its like rappers and hood ****** on tv/movies cant be portrayed past like 2002 :lol: :smh:

Last edited:
ME and my bro was talking bout this the other day, its like rappers and hood ****** on tv/movies cant be portrayed past like 2002
laugh.gif
:smh
it's soooooo annoying, like what rappers are they basing this on now, outdated slang, clothes etc.  

You know when an old person on tv is trying to be "hip" they pound their chest with their fist and make a peace sign

like, who does that?   
sick.gif

Back
Top Bottom