Real Deal College Football Discussion... no homers please

I see Oregon-Arizona as a trap game sort of, but I still think Oregon will win there. Now UCLA on the other hand is a very dangerous game because they neverfail to show up against the best teams (and that would be the game Oregon loses if they do) but decide to sleepwalk through the rest of theirschedule.
tired.gif

and BTW is anyone a rivals.com subscriber? if so could u post this article? i'm really dying to read it thanks
http://cal.rivals.com/barrier_noentry.asp?sid=&script=content.asp&cid=738514&fid=&tid=&mid=&rid=

^^^ HERE YA GO

The California Golden Bears lost another final quarter struggle to USC on what turned out to be a cold, rainy night at Memorial stadium. The Bears looked likethey had a shot to tie the game with less than 3 minutes left in the game. Unfortunately, junior quarterback Nate Longshore threw a game-sealing interceptionfrom the USC 36 yard line, under-throwing an open Robert Jordan who likely would have been able to streak down the sideline for a touchdown had the pass beenon the mark. A few minutes later, USC sealed the deal.

The errant throw brought back memories of the UCLA game where Longshore threw another game-sealing interception - this time with less than 2 minutes left andinside field-goal range with the Bears trailing by 2. Many are questioning whether Longshore has the mental composure to lead the Bears in the 4th quarter whenthey are trailing.

Going back to the beginning of Longshore's career at Cal, there have been a total of 6 opportunities for Longshore to lead the team back from a 4th quarterdeficit. What follows is an analysis of Longshore's performance in those 6 games.

Longshore's first opportunity came against Washington in 2006. The Bears were down 13-17 early in the 4th quarter. The Bears managed two scoring drives inthe final quarter, the first resulting in a 29 yard field goal. Longshore was 4 of 6 for 62 yards on the drive. The second drive was an 82 yard drive whereLongshore was 5 for 8 for 67 yards. The Bears then capped the drive with a 17 yard touchdown run by Marshawn Lynch and then added the 2-point conversion on aJustin Forsett run up the middle to take a 24-17 lead.

Washington was able to tie the score on a desperation end of game Hail Mary, but it doesn't deny the fact that Longshore was behind center for the comebackand that he was behind center when Lynch roared up the middle in overtime to seal the win. Marshawn Lynch is credited for being the deciding force in thatgame, which there is no question he made a huge impact, but to deny Longshore's ability to lead the team down the field should not be denied even if anumber of those passes were to Lynch.

Longshore's 2nd opportunity came later in the season against Arizona. After taking an early lead, the Bears watched as Arizona fought their way back intothe game to tie the score at 17-17 with 14:11 left in the game. Longshore then threw a very poor pass on the ensuing possession that All-American Antoine Casonwas able to intercept and take in for a go ahead touchdown to put the Bears in a 17-24 hole.

Longshore then found Lavelle Hawkins wide open over the middle for what should have been a tying touchdown until he tripped and fell at the 1-yard line.Unfortunately the Bears could not punch the ball in on two running plays to Lynch, setting up a crucial 3rd down conversion where Longshore was unable to getthe ball to a well covered Jordan, forcing the field-goal leaving the Bears down by 4, 20-24.

Longshore got one more chance to lead the Bears down the field with 3:14 left on the clock. Again he led the Bears down the field going 5 for 10 for 63 yards.Unfortunately Longshore's 11th throw was tipped at the line of scrimmage on a freak interception that should not be blamed on Longshore. Longshore took theheat for this loss not so much because of his come-back play but because of the go-ahead touchdown off of his poorly thrown interception earlier in the game.

During the current 2007 campaign, Longshore had 4 additional opportunities. His first is the signature win of the Bears season against Oregon. The Bears weredown 10-17 early in the 4th quarter and were able to mount two sustained touchdown drives to take a 24-17 lead before Longshore was injured. Prior to theinjury, the junior from Canyon Country (Calif.) hit DeSean Jackson on a 31-yard touchdown pass after Forsett punched in another score from 1-yard out. Forsettadded another 1-yard TD, and the Bears, thanks to a big play from safety Marcus Ezeff, won in Eugene for the first time in 20 years. Ezeff's hit prettymuch stole the show from what was a gutsy performance from Longshore.

The next opportunity came against UCLA, an interception that every Bear fan remembers as the one that took the Bears out of the driver's seat for thePac-10 championship. There is no question that Longshore's pass was off the mark and to a well covered receiver. Longshore took the heat yet again for thatloss.

Longshore's poor play in the 4th quarter of the ASU game - another game where they had an opportunity to get back on top in the 4th quarter - compoundedthe frustration for Bear fans. Trailing by as little as 2, Longshore threw 2 interceptions and was only 1 for 6 in the 4th quarter. Longshore yet again tookthe heat for the loss.

With that context in mind it is understandable why many see Longshore as being incapable of leading the team to a comeback win. The statistics show over hiscareer that Longshore has thrown 1 TD and 11 interceptions in the final quarter of games. Football fans can have remarkably short term memories though, andLongshore has indeed performed poorly in his last 3 comeback opportunities - all of them coming in the last month. Nevertheless, fans need to also remember thegames further in Longshore's past where Longshore did deliver. In many ways, his history of strong comebacks both in 2006 and earlier in 2007 give furtherevidence to just how much his high-ankle

roll.gif
You know what.......

This is great.....now everybody's gonna want to committ early to make sure there's a scholly left for them.
" src="http://www.ezboard.com/images/emoticons/laugh.gif">

Dudes committing in July cause they know come February there might not be a scholly left for them.

Miami Northwestern on lock.
Randy Shannon on that fast track to some Pete Carrol status.
but bottom line is everyone can agree that ND has a ridiculous amount of talent.
That can all go out the window this year, Hart, Henne and Long aren't goin out like some @#%$, I bet my life Michigan beats OSU this year as long as those 3 play.
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif

That can all go out the window this year, Hart, Henne and Long aren't goin out like some @#%$, I bet my life Michigan beats OSU this year as long as those 3 play.

[50 cent] Somebody's gonna dieee toniteeee [/50 cent]

laugh.gif
roll.gif
laugh.gif

Houston Nutt is not expected to return next season as Arkansas football coach, multiple sources told ESPN.com Friday night.
Nutt is the second longest tenured coach in the Southeastern Conference behind Tennessee's Phillip Fulmer. He's taken the Razorbacks to two SEC championship games, including last season when the Hogs were defeated by eventual national champion Florida. An Arkansas spokesman wouldn't confirm to ESPN.com Friday night that Nutt was out as coach and said no decision has been made about Nutt's future at the school. "Coach Nutt hasn't resigned and he hasn't been fired," Arkansas sports information director Kevin Trainor said. "The chancellor and athletics director haven't made a decision yet." Nutt scolded the media Saturday about reports indicating this will be his last year with the Razorbacks.
"It wasn't true yesterday and it's not true today," Nutt said after Arkansas beat Mississippi State 45-31. "And it's not right to do that -- to make statements like that to your team -- unless you have a real source from either that athletic director of that school or me. And you don't, so you make up things."
Various reports have surfaced saying Nutt won't be back next year, although they did not give a clear indication of whether Nutt would be dismissed or leave on his own. "I haven't talked to one athletic director except for [Arkansas' Frank] Broyles and [Arkansas] Chancellor [John] White, and so to make statements like that and try to disrupt your team and create all these stories, it's kind of foolish," Nutt said. "I felt sorry for our team because everybody's asking them what's going on, 'Is it true?' It's just a bad deal." A Fort Smith, Ark., TV station also reported Friday night that Nutt wouldn't return to coach the Razorbacks next season. KHBS-TV reported on its Web site that multiple sources confirmed Nutt will be "leaving at the end of the season. Sources could not confirm whether Nutt would offer his resignation, be fired or possibly accept another position." Earlier this week, multiple sources told ESPN.com that new Arkansas athletics director Jeff Long, who officially takes over when long-time Razorbacks AD Broyles retires Dec. 31, was leaning toward replacing Nutt as the school's football coach. Long was at Saturday's game but would not comment to The Associated Press on Nutt's situation. The sources told ESPN.com that a decision wouldn't be announced until after the Razorbacks finish the regular season. Arkansas plays its final regular-season game at No. 1 LSU on Nov. 23. The Hogs are laboring through a disappointing season with a 7-4 record, 3-4 in the SEC West. Nutt has a 74-48 record in his 10th season at Arkansas and has led the Hogs to seven bowl games. Nutt praised his players for playing through the distractions Saturday. "I was just really pleased and proud of how they performed with everything going on," he said. Star tailback Darren McFadden said it wasn't too hard to focus. "We've seen and heard about everything," McFadden said. "It's just something we have to overlook. ... It is something coach Nutt told us was going on. I don't think there was any truth to the rumors that were going around." Sources told ESPN.com that Arkansas could owe Nutt as much as $5 million, including deferred money, to buy out the remaining five years of his contract. Nutt received a one-year extension last season following the Hogs' SEC championship game appearance. He earns about $1.05 million per year, not including more than $400,000 in annual deferred annuities he would be owed by the school. Nutt has been under intense scrutiny since the Razorbacks lost their last three games to finish 10-4 last season. Arkansas won the SEC Western Division, but lost to Florida 38-28 in the SEC Championship Game. The Hogs then lost to Wisconsin 17-14 in the Capital One Bowl. Nutt was not about to make any predictions about his future on Saturday. "I go one day at a time. All I want to do is coach this season, and then we have an evaluation time after the end of each year with the athletic director -- this time, probably with Jeff Long," Nutt said. "Stop predicting and stop making up rumors. I would wait until after the meeting with the athletic director -- the new athletic director, Jeff Long -- and then make comments to get some facts." After the 2006 season, highly regarded quarterback Mitch Mustain and receiver Damian Williams transferred to Southern California. Offensive coordinator Gus Malzahn, who coached Mustain, Williams and two other Arkansas players at Springdale (Ark.) High School, left for the same position at Tulsa. The defections were only the beginning of Nutt's problems last summer. Fans filed open records requests for Nutt's cell phone records, and the coach was subpoenaed as part of a lawsuit over an e-mail one of Nutt's family friends sent Mustain

either petrino is the greatest college coach in america or kragthorpe couldn't win the big east with the patriots

[h5]There may never be another like Carr at U-M[/h5]
November 18, 2007

By MITCH ALBOM

FREE PRESS COLUMNIST

He knew the whole time Saturday, knew the moment he took the field, knew the moment he walked off it, knew the moment he came in for his last crowded postgame media session on the campus that he loved for the team he adored. His departure was already set, even if it was still a secret, and as he stood there you'd think all that "last-time-I-do-this" stuff might have rendered him emotional, choked him up, revealed itself in a quivering voice or moistened eyes.

Instead, Lloyd Carr, after the season-ending loss to Ohio State, stepped to the podium and said, "Questions?" and the group of reporters was slow to begin, so there was a gap of silence, to which Carr said, "No questions? Thank you" and faked a departure, and everyone laughed.

Then he stepped up and said these two sentences:

"Let's go. It's not that hard."

In the end, it really wasn't that hard. Not to go. Not for Lloyd Carr. He has never been defined by his job and he never will be. When enough is enough, few people will know it better than this introspective, 62-year-old football version of a Jimmy Stewart character. Stewart was always about the good beneath whatever role he played, and Carr was, too. Michigan will lose a whistle today when his retirement, after 28 years at Michigan and 13 seasons as head coach, is made official. But what Carr wore around his neck was never as important as what he carried in his chest.

Say good-bye to the good guy, maybe the last of them. Whoever coaches Michigan next will have to be more business than Carr was, more about national titles, less about hospital visits, more about the recruiting, less about philosophy. It is just the way the world works, and the world has moved quickly on Carr. In recent years, you could see the weariness showing on his face, in his jowls, in his eyes, which became steelier and angrier as the silliness grew in college football.

Remember, this is a guy who started in Ann Arbor in 1980, less than one year after ESPN was created. In his time, he has seen the Big Ten grow to 11, the Rose Bowl go from Granddaddy to group member, and the goal of college football go from playing on Jan. 1 to playing on Jan. 7.

Carr has been adaptable, but he is not a chameleon. He is not a guy to change his colors. He has been maize and blue and he'll retire maize and blue and he'll be loyal, always, to maize and blue. But it's time, for him, to see the rest of the rainbow.

The pressures of the sport

"I think Lloyd's gonna give it up. I think he's had it."

You know who told me that? Bo Schembechler, several years ago. I never mentioned it. Never told Carr. But clearly, the idea of leaving didn't just flash across Carr's brain. He has considered it before. Remember, he was part of the Schembechler line, but he was not a clone. Bo would have coached until the day he died if the doctors let it. Lloyd wants to do some living before doctors become an issue. The daily drain of coaching a major football program, the pressure, the alumni, the media, the scrutiny, is like opening a faucet on your life force. Carr has likely had enough.

But let's be clear. This is not about Ohio State. This is not about Jim Tressel. This is not about losing six of the last seven to the Buckeyes. And this is not about this year's 8-4 record.

Carr is above all that. He gets the Big Picture. If he was leaving this year, he was leaving at 8-4, 10-2 or 12-0. If he wasn't, the team could have gone 4-8 and he would have come back.

As for the Internet nation, the sports talk collective and the nonstop bloggers who have been screaming for Carr's head, calling him archaic, past his prime, beneath the task, if you are celebrating today's announcement, I can only tell you this: be careful what you wish for. Take a look at other programs that have been chasing national championships, the hot coach of the moment. Look at Nebraska. Look at LSU. Look at Miami (Fla.). Is that what you want? One great year or else? A coach who uses you then jumps someplace better? Is college football only about a national title? Is it only about the noise and complaining when you don't beat your rival?

Lloyd Carr may not have won every game, but he was loyal to this program, adamant about keeping it honorable, devoted to the players, and intent on creating the finest team he could. That intensity resulted in a national championship, a bushel of Big Ten titles, a 121-40 record and a .752 winning percentage, ranking him seventh among active coaches, and trailing only Fielding H. Yost (165-29-10) and Schembechler (194-48-5) in career victories at Michigan. As for what has he done for you lately? Well. As late as one year ago, Michigan was 11-0 and No. 2 in the nation. You almost forget that in the instant gratification world we've created.

Maybe that's part of why he's getting out.

An amazing legacy

Today, I'm sure, Carr will elaborate on his reasons, his memories, his plans. He will be asked about who coaches next in Ann Arbor and that will be debated and will become the next hot topic, because we don't pause long on nostalgia any more.

But in anticipation of what we will hear today, let's end with something we heard a few months ago. This was when Michigan fell to 0-2, after being a preseason top five pick. People were bailing on the program. Fans were calling for Carr's head. The year was already, in many people's minds, a bust.

But not to Carr. He stood tall. He answered questions patiently. Then someone in the news conference asked how he was handling the criticism and the rumors he might be fired. Carr paused, then spoke about a kid who had sent him a short note of encouragement. And through the cameras and the microphones, he answered that kid:

"I'm doing great," he said. "You don't know me, but those who do know me, friend and foe, I think would agree that I'm a tough-minded competitive guy, and there isn't anything that comes my way that I can't handle professionally. And there is nothing -- nothing -- that can keep me down. Not a loss to Appalachian State. Not a loss to Oregon. Not a hundred losses. And not the loss of my job. …

"You're probably gonna lose a lot of games the next few years. My advice to you is when you lose, don't make excuses, don't blame your coaches, your teammates or the officials. Just play every day as hard as you can, and regardless of what the outcome of those games are, you keep your head high. Because if you're doing everything you can to the best of your ability, you have nothing to be embarrassed about."

Then he looked at the media and said, "That's all I got for you."

And he left.

And Michigan won its next eight games.

Say good-bye to the good guy, maybe the last of them. In an Ann Arbor autumn where losses were a familiar topic, this is the biggest loss of them all.

frown.gif

F all of the haters, i'm going to miss Lloyd.

Kenobi you are correct tOSU is great. they play a tough schedule and are one of CFB better teams. they weren't supposed to be good but went 10-1,that's sweet dude. oh yeah, and im extra salty that the team i hate lost to a fifteen point DOG and wont see the National Championship field, yeah dude impissed. they will probably get rolled in the RB in the race for second place, man i just can win. they porbably couldnt compete in any other BCS conferecebecause they CANNOT STOP the spread offense, does it get any worse for me. wait it does, they did this last year and i just didnt learn, dag nabbit. im sosalty that tOSU is overrated. at least they won a conference championship in the tough ol' big 11 without a Championship Game.

What A Joke. people actually being happy about losing their way into a non championship bowl, losers. Learn from Ricky Bobby: first place is everything. nobodyremembers a loser( unless they get their manhood taken in front of millions of viewers on the biggest stage of their college careers)(i.e. Gator BaitUniveristy i mean tOSU))

At this point, I'd rather see WVU than any other team in the NC (obviously with Oregon's loss to Arizona...).

I'm not a fan of the Big 12 or the Big 10 and I think that they have shown up very poorly in their opportunities in the NC as of late (w/ theexception of Texas in '05).

I'm just hoping that Oregon can make it to a BCS game at this point :/ Chase Daniel gives me hope that Brady Leaf can run a spread effectively...But not aswell as Dixon could :/

Chase Daniel gives me hope that Brady Leaf can run a spread effectively...But not as well as Dixon could :/

really, why? Chase Daniel is an excellent athlete and has wheels. I dont see that in Leaf

WVU is a fraud look at their out of conference games and then you will know why there is so much hate.

I actually like WVU but I wouldn't like to see them in the NC. I know their defense has been better this year, but I'm still not convinced. Theyescaped games against both Louisville and Cincy, and I wouldn't be surprised if Uconn gave them a scare either.

Really though, it seems like this year any team in the top 10 or so could beat any other team and I wouldn't be shocked. So if WVU played LSU in the NC, Iwouldn't expect them to win, but I wouldn't be surprised at all if they pulled the upset.

Wow I just seen something on UofM's rivals site that said something about Harbaugh possibly being a candidate for the job. No way in hell should they bringhim in, especially after throwing us under the bus like he did.

Rivals' Bowl Projections...

[table][tr][td]BCS Bowls[/td] [/tr][tr][td]BCS Title Game: BCS No. 1 vs. BCS No. 2 (Jan. 7, 8 p.m., FOX)[/td] [/tr][tr][td]The Matchup: LSU vs. West Virginia
The Buzz: Yep, this is our national-title matchup - for this week, at least. [/td] [td]
lsu_statslogo.gif
westvirginia_statslogo.gif
[/td] [/tr][tr][td][/td] [/tr][tr][td]ORANGE: BCS game (Jan. 3, 8 p.m., Fox)[/td] [/tr][tr][td]The Matchup: Virginia Tech vs. Missouri
The Buzz: Hokies fans would buy a lot of tickets. Would Tigers fans? [/td] [td]
virginiatech_statslogo.gif
missouri_statslogo.gif
[/td] [/tr][tr][td]FIESTA: BCS game (Jan. 2, 8 p.m., Fox)[/td] [/tr][tr][td]The Matchup: Oklahoma vs. Oregon
The Buzz: Without star QB Dennis Dixon, Oregon may find it tough to finish 10-2. [/td] [td]
oklahoma_statslogo.gif
oregon_statslogo.gif
[/td] [/tr][tr][td]SUGAR: BCS game (Jan. 1, 8:30 p.m., Fox)[/td] [/tr][tr][td]The Matchup: Georgia vs. Boise State
The Buzz: Boise State must beat Hawaii, then hope it gets high enough in the BCS standings to be considered. [/td] [td]
uga_statslogo.gif
boisestate_statslogo.gif
[/td] [/tr][tr][td]ROSE: BCS game (Jan. 1, 4:30 p.m., ABC)[/td] [/tr][tr][td]The Matchup: Ohio State vs. Arizona State
The Buzz: The Rose Bowl folks would be ecstatic with this Big Ten/Pac-10 matchup. [/td] [td]
ohiostate_statslogo.gif
arizonastate_statslogo.gif
[/td] [/tr][tr][td]Non-BCS Bowls[/td] [/tr][tr][td]GMAC: C-USA#2 vs. MAC #1 (Jan. 6, 8 p.m., ESPN)[/td] [/tr][tr][td]The Matchup: East Carolina vs. Central Michigan
The Buzz: To whet your appetite for the big one, there's this. [/td] [td]
eastcarolina_statslogo.gif
centralmichigan_statslogo.gif
[/td] [/tr][tr][td]INTERNATIONAL: Big East #5 vs. MAC #3 (Jan. 5, noon, ESPN2)[/td] [/tr][tr][td]The Matchup: Rutgers vs. Ball State
The Buzz: This is in Toronto. And, hey, what have the Canadians done to deserve this? [/td] [td]
rutgers_statslogo.gif
ballstate_statslogo.gif
[/td] [/tr][tr][td]CAPITAL ONE: Big Ten #2 vs. SEC #2 (Jan. 1, 1 p.m., ABC)[/td] [/tr][tr][td]The Matchup: Illinois vs. Florida
The Buzz: Let's just say there would be more than a few Gators fans who wouldn't want to see this game played. [/td] [td]
illinois_statslogo.gif
florida_statslogo.gif
[/td] [/tr][tr][td]GATOR: ACC #3 vs. Big East #2/Big 12 #4 (Jan. 1, 1 p.m., CBS)[/td] [/tr][tr][td]The Matchup: Virginia vs. Texas Tech
The Buzz: Thought here is that Virginia won't win its ACC division. Still, the Cavs could get a chance to play in Jacksonville, Fla., after all. [/td] [td]
virginia_statslogo.gif
texastech_statslogo.gif
[/td] [/tr][tr][td]COTTON: Big 12 #2 vs. SEC #4 (Jan. 1, 11:30 a.m., Fox)[/td] [/tr][tr][td]The Matchup: Kansas vs. Tennessee
The Buzz: An intriguing matchup between a perennial SEC power and a Big 12 title-chase newcomer. [/td] [td]
kansas_statslogo.gif
tennessee_statslogo.gif
[/td] [/tr][tr][td]OUTBACK: Big Ten #3 vs. SEC #3 (Jan. 1, 11 a.m., ESPN)[/td] [/tr][tr][td]The Matchup: Wisconsin vs. Kentucky
The Buzz: Kentucky has to get to 8-4 to be a legit contender for this New Year's Day game. [/td] [td]
wisconsin_statslogo.gif
kentucky_statslogo.gif
[/td] [/tr][tr][td]INSIGHT: Big Ten #6 vs. Big 12 #7 (Dec. 31, 8 p.m., NFL Network)[/td] [/tr][tr][td]The Matchup: Michigan State vs. Oklahoma State
The Buzz: A lot of good running backs would be on display - and neither defense could stop them. [/td] [td]
michiganstate_statslogo.gif
oklahomastate_statslogo.gif
[/td] [/tr][tr][td]CHICK-FIL-A: ACC #2 vs. SEC #5 (Dec. 31, 7:30 p.m., ESPN)[/td] [/tr][tr][td]The Matchup: Clemson vs. Auburn
The Buzz: A nice regional matchup in Atlanta. It would be a tough ticket. [/td] [td]
clemson_statslogo.gif
auburn_statslogo.gif
[/td] [/tr][tr][td]MUSIC CITY: ACC #5/6/7 vs. SEC #6/7 (Dec. 31, 4 p.m., ESPN)[/td] [/tr][tr][td]The Matchup: Florida State vs. Mississippi State
The Buzz: Two defensive-minded teams. The Bulldogs haven't been in a bowl since 2000. [/td] [td]
floridastate_statslogo.gif
mississippistate_statslogo.gif
[/td] [/tr][tr][td]SUN: Big East #2/Big 12 #6 vs. Pac-10 #3 (Dec. 31, 2 p.m., CBS)[/td] [/tr][tr][td]The Matchup: USF vs. California
The Buzz: If Gator Bowl takes a Big 12 team, Sun gets first pick of Big East's non-BCS teams. [/td] [td]
usf_statslogo.gif
cal_statslogo.gif
[/td] [/tr][tr][td]HUMANITARIAN: ACC #8 vs. WAC (Dec. 31, 2 p.m., ESPN2)[/td] [/tr][tr][td]The Matchup: NC State vs. Fresno State
The Buzz: The Wolfpack have to beat Maryland on Saturday to become bowl-eligible. [/td] [td]
ncstate_statslogo.gif
fresnostate_statslogo.gif
[/td] [/tr][tr][td]ARMED FORCES: Mountain West #3/4 vs. Pac-10 #6 (Dec. 31, 12:30 p.m., ESPN)[/td] [/tr][tr][td]The Matchup: Bowling Green* vs. Air Force
The Buzz: We don't think the Pac-10 will have enough bowl-eligible teams, and Air Force is a natural for this bowl. [/td] [td]
bowlinggreen_statslogo.gif
airforce_statslogo.gif
[/td] [/tr][tr][td]INDEPENDENCE: Big 12 #8 vs. SEC #8 (Dec. 30, 8 p.m., ESPN)[/td] [/tr][tr][td]The Matchup: Colorado vs. Arkansas
The Buzz: A short trip for Hogs fans. But will their team even have a coach? [/td] [td]
colorado_statslogo.gif
arkansas_statslogo.gif
[/td] [/tr][tr][td]ALAMO: Big Ten #4 vs. Big 12 #5 (Dec. 29, 8 p.m., ESPN)[/td] [/tr][tr][td]The Matchup: Michigan vs. Texas A&M
The Buzz: Both coaches are on the way out. [/td] [td]
michigan_statslogo.gif
tamu_statslogo.gif
[/td] [/tr][tr][td]LIBERTY: C-USA #1 vs. SEC #6/7 (Dec. 29, 4:30 p.m., ESPN)[/td] [/tr][tr][td]The Matchup: UCF vs. Alabama
The Buzz: The George O'Leary-Nick Saban coaching matchup would be an interesting one. [/td] [td]
ucf_statslogo.gif
alabama_statslogo.gif
[/td] [/tr][tr][td]MEINEKE CAR CARE: ACC #5 vs. Big East #3 (Dec. 29, 1 p.m., ESPN)[/td] [/tr][tr][td]The Matchup: Wake Forest vs. Cincinnati
The Buzz: An intriguing game within the game: Cincinnati QB Ben Mauk would be going against his former team. [/td] [td]
wakeforest_statslogo.gif
cincinnati_statslogo.gif
[/td] [/tr][tr][td]EMERALD: ACC #5/6/7 vs. Pac-10 #4/5 (Dec. 28, 8 p.m., ESPN)[/td] [/tr][tr][td]The Matchup: Georgia Tech vs. Purdue*
The Buzz: A post-Christmas/pre-New Year's trip to San Francisco? Hey, that's a nice reward. And we don't think the Pac-10 will have enough bowl-eligible teams. [/td] [td]
georgiatech_statslogo.gif
purdue_statslogo.gif
[/td] [/tr][tr][td]TEXAS: Big 12 #9 vs. C-USA #6 (Dec. 28, 8 p.m., NFL Network)[/td] [/tr][tr][td]The Matchup: TCU* vs. Southern Miss
The Buzz: Hey, what do you expect when it's Big 12 No. 9 vs. C-USA No. 6? Actually, we don't think Big 12 will have enough bowl-eligible teams. [/td] [td]
tcu_statslogo.gif
southernmiss_statslogo.gif
[/td] [/tr][tr][td]CHAMPS SPORTS: ACC #4 vs. Big Ten #5 (Dec. 28, 5 p.m., ESPN)[/td] [/tr][tr][td]The Matchup: Boston College vs. Penn State
The Buzz: There are worse places to be than Orlando in December, and 78-degree days would appeal to fans of these teams. [/td] [td]
bostoncollege_statslogo.gif
pennstate_statslogo.gif
[/td] [/tr][tr][td]HOLIDAY: Big 12 #3 vs. Pac-10 #2 (Dec. 27, 8 p.m., ESPN)[/td] [/tr][tr][td]The Matchup: Texas vs. USC
The Buzz: Oh, my. A repeat of 2005 national-title game would garner big ratings. [/td] [td]
texas_statslogo.gif
usc_statslogo.gif
[/td] [/tr][tr][td]MOTOR CITY: Big Ten #7 vs. MAC #2 (Dec. 26, 7:30 p.m., ESPN)[/td] [/tr][tr][td]The Matchup: Indiana vs. Miami University
The Buzz: There would be some emotion involved, as the late Terry Hoeppner coached both teams this decade. [/td] [td]
indiana_statslogo.gif
miamiohio_statslogo.gif
[/td] [/tr][tr][td]HAWAII: WAC vs. C-USA #5 (Dec. 23, 8 p.m., ESPN)[/td] [/tr][tr][td]The Matchup: Hawaii vs. Tulsa
The Buzz: If Hawaii wins out, it'll be in BCS. One loss, though, and it will be playing at home in postseason. [/td] [td]
hawaii_statslogo.gif
tulsa_statslogo.gif
[/td] [/tr][tr][td]LAS VEGAS: Mountain West #1 vs. Pac-10 #4/5 (Dec. 22, ESPN, 8 p.m.)[/td] [/tr][tr][td]The Matchup: BYU vs. Oregon State
The Buzz: BYU beat Oregon in this bowl last season; this season, they could get shot at the Beavers. [/td] [td]
byu_statslogo.gif
oregonstate_statslogo.gif
[/td] [/tr][tr][td]NEW MEXICO: Mountain West #3/4 vs. WAC (Dec. 22, ESPN, 4:30 p.m.)[/td] [/tr][tr][td]The Matchup: Nevada at New Mexico.
The Buzz: PETA would like this one: The Wolf Pack vs. the Lobos. [/td] [td]
nevada_statslogo.gif
newmexico_statslogo.gif
[/td] [/tr][tr][td]PAPAJOHNS.COM: Big East #4 vs. C-USA #3 (Dec. 22, ESPN2, 1 p.m.)[/td] [/tr][tr][td]The Matchup: Connecticut vs. Houston
The Buzz: Nice fall for UConn, huh? From atop the Big East to a bowl trip to Birmingham, Ala. [/td] [td]
connecticut_statslogo.gif
houston_statslogo.gif
[/td] [/tr][tr][td]NEW ORLEANS: Sun Belt #1 vs. C-USA #4 (Dec. 21, ESPN2, 8 p.m.)[/td] [/tr][tr][td]The Matchup: Troy vs. Memphis
The Buzz: Memphis has come on strong of late and would take a nice contingent of fans to the Crescent City. [/td] [td]
troy_statslogo.gif
memphis_statslogo.gif
[/td] [/tr][tr][td]POINSETTIA: Mountain West #2 vs. at-large / Navy (Dec. 20, ESPN, 9 p.m.)[/td] [/tr][tr][td]The Matchup: Utah vs. Navy
The Buzz: Navy is bowl-eligible, and will be in San Diego for the postseason. [/td] [td]
utah_statslogo.gif
navy_statslogo.gif
[/td] [/tr][/table]

If that Capital One bowl holds true, I will definitely be there to see Juice, Ben & Mendenhall vs Tim & Percy

why would Boise state play in the sugar bowl?? i thought it would be the Fiesta Bowl if Hawaii or Boise state got in?

Back
Top Bottom