Real Deal College Football Discussion... no homers please

Originally Posted by GUNNA GET IT

Im just sayin, this was "supposed" to be his yr to put up insane numbers. thats what we had all been sold, I didnt question his heart tho, i gave 3 variables that recruiting services can not measure (heart, learning curve, and the desire to want to be the best) . We all know, PT has all the god given ability in the world, I mean any WR that is 6'5 230 can run a 4.5 with ease and can jump out the gym is expected to be a man amongst boys in college. why isnt it his size, speed and skill translating into production? thats basically what I want to know.

I agree with Gunna on this one, I've never been too high on PT, even when he was rated the #1 WR in HS and was killing CB's in practice at the ArmyAll-American Bowl. He's been a strange player for SC cause I distinctly remember at the annual Fall scrimmage, when PT was a freshman, he was going overthe middle making circus catches and showing fire and I thought I might have been wrong about my feelings towards him. But, having watched him for 3 yearsnow, it seems like that passion and fire has dissipated year by year. He has super talent, but you just sense that something is missing.

With that said, I put some of the blame on JDB, I don't think the two have ever been on the same page and I think it's stunted PT's development. Maybe when Sanchez takes over next year, PT will step it up. Right now though, Vidal is the best receiver on the team. Ronald Johnson also seems to bemaking a lot of progress.

the production is not there because jarrett and smith were the first options this year and secondly gunna imma be honest the play calling
has been pretty horrible these last couple of years since chow left i personally think USC needs a new OC. I think once PT GETS IN a rythm w/"consistent" calls headed his way he will show he was worthy of the five star status. i mean desean jackson has not lived up
to the hype either. the dude is not a leader and he gets respect coast to coast because he has had a few PR for TDS. Gunna these days
if your highlights are not on ESPN you are considered a bust but many ppl with highlights dont always transition into good nfl players.
if next year comes and PT doesnt break out i will consider him a bust.

Gunna i'm surprised he didn't use video evidence to back up his claims.

I said Rudy Carpenter was better than Booty, and he was ready to kill me.

haha oh what a great argument. except his beloved team lost to Stanford lol.

You are a fool Wizard. Once again you try to be funny but it aint happening. how them noles doing again?? yeah they are the team that has allthetalent but is the epitomy of non-production. if you can read fool you will see i said that stanford winning the pac 10 is a fluke. and they are not going towin the pac 10. and by the way i assume you dont have espn because if you did you would know who is the better QB bet. Carpenter and Booty. The fact that yourlil noles are once again a dissapointment is of no concern to me so this better be the last time YOU! ever address me as long as I am on this message board yougot it. I dont want to have to repeat myself. Keep my name out your mouth.

I'm not a big Patrick Turner fan, simply because I don't like when players lack fire. Dude, lacks heart. I've seen every Trojan game of hiscareer and I could say he flourished being the third option. The spotlight wasn't on him so he would come up with a spectacular catch and people wouldrave about his future potential.

Steve Smith and Dwayne Jarrett moved on to the L, and as a Junior, Turner was supposed to be the leader for this inexperienced group. I have to say that theWR corps has been the most dissapointing group of guys this season. Sure they have a lot of talent, and Ronald Johnson, David Ausberry might form a solid duoalong with Hazelton, etc, etc. However, Turner never took the reigns of this group. As if he is not comfortable being the leader of his position. He has theskill, he has the physical tools, he just lacks the "want" and "heart" factors, IMO. The group took after him, this was supposed to be hisseason to rise and instead it has been filled with inconsistency that has trickled down to the rest of the WR's. The beginning of the year was filled witha ton of drops and misteps from the WR's, it was pathetic, especially when knowing that these guys have the talent to be special. Is it fair to put theblame on PT, no, but he didn't step up. Sometimes when people where bashing JDB, I would
smh.gif
, since his WR's would drop routine passes. Why do youthink Freddy D became his biggest weapon, ding ding, reliability? PT has one more year to turn it around and live up to his talent.

This season, a dissapointing one at that, he is part of the many things that didn't go quite right.

tired.gif

Originally Posted by Goodfella 19

Gunna i'm surprised he didn't use video evidence to back up his claims.

I said Rudy Carpenter was better than Booty, and he was ready to kill me.

You are a fool Wizard. Once again you try to be funny but it aint happening. how them noles doing again?? yeah they are the team that has allthe talent but is the epitomy of non-production. if you can read fool you will see i said that stanford winning the pac 10 is a fluke. and they are not going to win the pac 10. and by the way i assume you dont have espn because if you did you would know who is the better QB bet. Carpenter and Booty. The fact that your lil noles are once again a dissapointment is of no concern to me so this better be the last time YOU! ever address me as long as I am on this message board you got it. I dont want to have to repeat myself. Keep my name out your mouth.
Trying to talk down to me and threaten me like you're my dad or something. HA HA. Whose man is this??? I'm not going to even start with you.Don't bark up that tree cuz that tree will fall on you.

I DONT BARK I BITE and every time i say something you make comments like you want to get my attention. I think you might like me, which is fine I have noproblem with gay men but just don't try to hide it. As for myself I am a heterosexual man and therefore I am not
interested in having any sort of relationship with you. IE. Don't talk to me. This thread is about College Football and everytime I bring USC up you wannastick your chest out, well sorry I am not scared.

iron man the problem is sarksian but SC will not fire him. i mean all offseason you hear about guys like bradford and the talent they have but everytime i seehim in a game i know they are going to pass him the ball that is too predictable.

Originally Posted by Goodfella 19

iron man the problem is sarksian but SC will not fire him. i mean all offseason you hear about guys like bradford and the talent they have but everytime i see him in a game i know they are going to pass him the ball that is too predictable.

But it works every time...
wink.gif

UVA looks like a deer in the headlights right now vs Tech

I hope Tech blows UVa out just because Joka said tech didnt deserve to be a top 25 team
smh.gif

eek.gif
If Tyrod Develops, VA Tech could control the ACC for the next 3 yrs
Callahan Fired Early!
smh.gif
somewhere Frank Solich is chuckling to himself

Ogeron can blame being fired on Sly Coom,
Ogeron will land on his feet, Callahan & francione may not e as lucky

He has stepped up to the challenge and his team has goten better every yr.

Mannn Wesley carroll is going to be quite good. If they can get some players to compliment his skills, Sly's gonna have him a monster.

OKAY UVA showed up!
Simpson is a very Nice Frosh RB
eek.gif
Hurricanes came to play today?!

laugh.gif
nevermind, this dude just shanked the FG from like 15 yards
roll.gif

Ogeron will land on his feet, Callahan & francione may not e as lucky
People around Dallas are already talking about Fran settling right into the job at SMU...Right back at a mid-major program, where he belongs. Hedid well at TCU before bolting to Alabama, and he'd be a fine hire for an SMU program that still hasn't recovered from the death penalty. Fran is bestsuited as a mid-major coach. Not alot of pressure, low expectations...

A ton of jobs opening up this offseason. It's gonna be wild...A&M, Nebraska, Michigan, possibly UCLA, Arkansas(?), LSU(?)...

Maybe someone has some insight here, because I was STUNNED when I heard this...Why are people in Texas talking about Mike Leach as a very possible replacementfor Dorrell at UCLA? Any legs to this rumor?

Yall seein this Vatech/UVA game ??

UVA is actually pretty good .. i haven't seen them play all year , but the difference in the play of Sewill from last year to this year is A MILE ... thekid has progressed nicely , and UVA might actually end up in the ACCCG , and could actually beat BC ... IF they keep up the way they are playing right now ...wheres JOKA with his Fire Groh signs at
laugh.gif

I guess i thought UVA was a fraud , because i heard the way they won alot of their games was luck , but what i have seen today is that they are legit ..can't finish watching though , as i am heading out to THE SWAMP right now.... GO NOLES !!

Maybe someone has some insight here, because I was STUNNED when I heard this...Why are people in Texas talking about Mike Leach as a very possible replacement for Dorrell at UCLA? Any legs to this rumor?
It's been mentioned a couple of times in the LA Times, that Mike Leach is a front runner "if" Dorrell loses his job (I think hewill). They are also talking about keeping Walker aboard as DC, smart move if they could pull it off. The talent is there, they just need the right coach.

I wouldn't mind Orgeron coming back to USC, dude is a beat when it comes to recruiting.

Now we have known for awhile that Notre Dame is having an embarrassing season. But who has taken the bigger L this season, the Irish or the Pac 10'scredibility as a top conference? Notre Dame is 2-1 vs the Pac 10 and 1-8 vs everybody else.

Bruh, they beat Stanford and UCLA. One is just as bad as they are and the other had no QBs or RBs when they played due to injury. it aint like they beat USC,Oregon or ASU.

UCLA fans want leach because he brings a high power offense and they feel with walker as the DC still the defense could become elite something leach has neverhad at Tech. if you ask me i dont want leach at all. that offense will not fly for long VS big name teams. just look at the OU game that offense let them rightback in the game and them quick 3 and outs they have alot will never help the defense.

Georgia Tech has called a 2 PM press conference where they're expected to announce that Chan Gailey has been fired.

I made another post, but I'll mention it here as well...

Mike Sherman to be announced as Texas A&M's next football coach at a press conference at 11AM.

Back
Top Bottom