Real Life: My friend is gay...wants me to go to Gay club for his 21st

If you are not comfortable, don't go. You aren't any less of a friend if you decline. Hell, I don't go to "straight" clubs anytime I am offered. Don't feel the need to prove that "you are comfortable with your sexuality" like people will say you are doing if you go. Not your world, no problem with staying in your own lane.

I went one time with my 2 female coworkers (butch) lezzies.

I made sure I had a mean mug on me the whole time I was there
laugh.gif
:

I was shocked to see all the females were dudes and all the dudes were females, add a few cute/bad $%$!*+ and some drag.

They played better music than the straight clubs and I will never forget when T.I
Get loose came on. All the dudes started droppin and poppin
30t6p3b.gif
sick.gif
laugh.gif
I left asap @@## was mad funny tho.

I've gone to a gay club twice. Both times to support a friends bday. No big deal. Gay guys have gaydar right? Only thing that made me take pause was, h0m0-Thugs. Mess was hilarious to me. I didn't see anything overly gross or out of control. Don't forget there will be lesbians there too, so you can still get your stare on.

It's your dudes 21st...this shouldn't even be a question. It isn't like he's asking you to go for no special occasion every weekend.

Man up and go or else you're baby back @***$.

I don't see the problem with it, personally. It's a friend and you're going to celebrate with them and that's how they want to do so.

I stayed with a girl who had a lot of gay friends and she wanted to go because that's what she'd do on most weekends. I got lucky because she'd (without making a scene out of it) tell her friends that I'm straight. Only one guy who was introduced to me by one of her friends when she was in the bathroom got a little close and flirty but I told him I was straight and who I was there with, he apologized. She and I laughed about it later and that was that.

This is just an assumption but I think the understanding should be that a lot of gay people have to repress their sexuality so much that being at a gay club and knowing that they're mostly surrounded by people of the same sexuality allows them to be more open and not have to wonder like they're at a "straight" bar who might actually be interested in them. I'm sure a lot of gay clubs are different but there wasn't anything overly sexual going on, yeah there was flamboyancy, some dudes being affectionate with each other and more making out later in the night but I just don't think it's that big of a deal. You'll just be aware of it more and how you chose to react is up to you.

i only went once but there were far more gay girls there than guys...

dont know if that the norm for gay clubs

Like other people in here I went once with some female co-workers, but they were all straight. One was with her boyfriend, and I cuffed one of my female coworkers for dear life. Overall it wasn't that bad, me and my coworkers BF got hit on a few times but it wasn't too uncomfortable. Drinks were dumb cheap too. I'm talking like $2 Yuenglings all night. Go just for the sake that your good friends wants you too. I feel like any man comfortable in his sexuality/masculinity can survive a night at the gayest of gay bars.

If he's really a good friend then go and support him. You don't have to stay the entire time but just showing up shows support

I'm not going to suggest whether or not you should go, but I will just ask, what are you afraid of happening there that wouldn't happen at a "straight" establishment?

If it were my friend i would go, i've been to them on several occasions normally for birthdays never had an issue though.
However my buddy at the time made "eye contact" with an older guy, got drinks from him and the guy tried talking him into going back to his place, we all just looked from afar 
laugh.gif

I used to talk to a guy who said he wanted to go to gay club because he wanted to know what it was like. He explained that he was so comfortable with his man hood and that he knew he was straight he could go and just have fun. yea I soon stopped conversing romantically with that fellow. I guess i'm close minded in that sense I care not. as for OP I wouldn't go...

Originally Posted by dunks87

I used to talk to a guy who said he wanted to go to gay club because he wanted to know what it was like. He explained that he was so comfortable with his man hood and that he knew he was straight he could go and just have fun. yea I soon stopped conversing romantically with that fellow. I guess i'm close minded in that sense I care not. as for OP I wouldn't go...
Why exactly did you stop contact with him? This seems so bizarre to me. You would have rather him be a bigot?

I am really having trouble understanding people.

Originally Posted by hugebird

Originally Posted by dunks87

Why exactly did you stop contact with him? This seems so bizarre to me. You would have rather him be a bigot?

I am really having trouble understanding people.

it was a lot more to it than that but I don't care to get into all that. OP just made me think about that story. and it's ok you're not the only person who has trouble understanding people.

lot of immature responses in here, so pretty much par for the course when it comes to NT.

never been to a gay club before, but been to a gay bar several times. its no big deal.

Guess it depends on how close of friends you are, but then again I'm not friends with guys that like penis soo I wouldnt be in said situation.

when i went back to school i hit up a bar with some of friends. it changed names so we figured we check it out. turns out it was a gay bar. the girls wanted to stay, it was weird so they danced while i just drank at the bar.

after about 30 minutes of trying to just be there and chill out i didnt want to be there anymore and bounced

Back
Top Bottom