Real Talk: Finding a DS pair of Varsity Red VIs is like trying to find a needle in a haystack.

Originally Posted by frijo sneaker

Glad I doubled up DS... Wont be surprised in few years will hit the market it the 300+....

Man, that's the market for them already.  At this pace, in a few years it's gonna be in the $500-600's. 
Funny that these were around for weeks and weeks after release day, I remember rocking them once, and selling them on here for less than $160 I believe.  
laugh.gif

Been seeing a few DS pairs in the buy/sell forum, hovering around the $200's though. 

Originally Posted by frijo sneaker

Glad I doubled up DS... Wont be surprised in few years will hit the market it the 300+....

man, you're gonna a be a millionaire

Originally Posted by bigmo1002

Originally Posted by jeppprox

To those that actually wore ya pairs, do these have any problems w paint chipping?

nah.
No chipping on these or the white/varsity 

wore mine quite a lot, no chipping to be seen.

midsole paint chip on back of left shoe. Not noticeable unless you look closely but still annoying.

Lol i just sold mine to a homeboy for 40 bucks, not DS but still. I got them probably a little over a month after RD. As we speak they are on flightclub for 350, its insanity....

I remember how these sat at stores and outlets. Sold my pair because I really hated the nubuck blend and nubuck doesn't belong on vi's imo. Makes the shoe look off when compared to the blk/infareds from '00. Not shocked that the prices have gone up on them. Most black based Jordan's seem to follow this trend.

I need some tips of suede restoration on these. I've worn the toeboxes on these down pretty bad. 

Originally Posted by bigmo1002

Originally Posted by jeppprox

To those that actually wore ya pairs, do these have any problems w paint chipping?

nah.
No chipping on these or the white/varsity 

Yeah, qualitywise the 2010 VI retros arent bad at all, actually better than the 2000 retros in termsOf fit and paintjob durability. The only downsideOf these are that jb used varsity red for the generalRelease, having suede which has a totally different Look to the shoe and the jumpman air logo_Otherwise they would have been great.I have the 2000 deep infareds and the midsoleAt the heel not only cracked after few wearsBut also chip. Worst were the midn.navysWhere u could easily peel off the navymidsole paint
frown.gif

Looks like many wished they'd bought them when they were cheap. I got 2 DS pairs for less than $240 shipped total. Others got for less than that. It seemed at the time everyone was holding out for the Infrareds. I was like screw it, they're close enough
smile.gif

No lie they are one of the most comfortable pairs of shoes that i own. I copped them day off at finishline. I dont really see people giving them up either, i see a few infrared packs here and there but who wants to pay $500 for that $%%! when the reds arent that different. Good luck in your search man

I wear my black ones every four or five months to determine I still don't like them that much

This topic reminded me that I still haven't worn my white infrareds

despite the material, i wear mine often. the full length zoom and scotchlite reflector i slapped in them mitigates the suede horror somewhat.

funny thread. i passed on a DS infra-pack at retail just a few months ago.

2010 VI's comfortable? There was cardboard beneath the insoles.
eyes.gif
I will admit that my Oreo's and Motorsports were/are pleasing to wear. That obviously was due more to the pliability of the leather than anything extraordinary. I do think that the MSVI was constructed with a tad more care than the main GR line of 2010 VI's.

There is actually a mom and pop shop located around where i live that charges $160 for a DS pair with a full size run.

Originally Posted by memphissfinest

CAN WE REALLY HATE ON KANYE THOUGH?

HE'S IN A WAY SPREADING THE WEALTH.

HE JUST MADE EVERYONE WHO STILL HAS A DEADSTOCK PAIR SOME EXTRA MONEY.

NOW IF HE WOULD START ROCKING THE OREOS, I HAVE A COUPLE PAIRS I NEED TO UNLOAD.
dont forget the laker VI's as well
wink.gif

eek.gif

They really jumped in value that much, that quickly?
Not too long ago stores couldn't give these things away, and resellers couldn't even get retail for their infrared packs.

Originally Posted by AzNYuNgBoY

There is actually a mom and pop shop located around where i live that charges $160 for a DS pair with a full size run.

Pm sent.

Back
Top Bottom