Real Talk: Finding a DS pair of Varsity Red VIs is like trying to find a needle in a haystack.

these dropped to $90 at my finish line a few months after release and i still passed
30t6p3b.gif

Originally Posted by polorico

damn ?

i got mine with the 50 percent off while they were on sale.

i dont care for jordans any more.....
These retros was trash . thats why i sold em.

This past tuesday, I rocked my varsity reds for the first time and i gotta say i'm Very happy with them. They're way more comfortable than the 2008 Olympic Vis. Part of me wants to break in my infrareds as well....Should I make like Yeezy and switch off or just let them sit DS in my closet??

Originally Posted by Resist

the colourway is crisp and a classic, not suprised

laugh.gif
cant be serious
these were sitting on shelves for weeks in LA
prices some how raised though past few months

Originally Posted by LeoUnot

This past tuesday, I rocked my varsity reds for the first time and i gotta say i'm Very happy with them. They're way more comfortable than the 2008 Olympic Vis. Part of me wants to break in my infrareds as well....Should I make like Yeezy and switch off or just let them sit DS in my closet??

30t6p3b.gif
#Logoffforthreeyearsatleastpleasethankyou

I had a pair sold it for retail cuz there to big on me! They were size 11.5 but felt like they were a 12.5 or a 13

People are willing to pay that price for some watered down infrared VIs?...seriously? Damn, I think I might start buying any and every signature release from now on, then unload them in a year or two.

Originally Posted by Bombbiggidyphil

People are willing to pay that price for some watered down infrared VIs?...seriously? Damn, I think I might start buying any and every signature release from now on, then unload them in a year or two.

This. 
nerd.gif

I think you all are missing the point here...the OP is most likely talking about the black VRs because those didn't sit too long on shelves or online....the white ones however sat forever and i saw them going for $90 in many stores...the black ones are harder to come by whereas the white ones looked like straight @@@%....That is why people with infrared packs hold on to the white ones because they resemble the OGs more than the black ones do....

Originally Posted by kdude87

I think you all are missing the point here...the OP is most likely talking about the black VRs because those didn't sit too long on shelves or online....the white ones however sat forever and i saw them going for $90 in many stores...the black ones are harder to come by whereas the white ones looked like straight @@@%....That is why people with infrared packs hold on to the white ones because they resemble the OGs more than the black ones do....

Actually, from my experience the Black Varsity Reds sat for quite a while and hit the $100 rack and outlets as well. In regards to the White Infrareds, it seems that people are actually much more willing to sell those than the Black Infrareds as well. They also sell for $100-150 less than the Black Infrareds on the market at the moment as well. So, I don't think the majority with packs "hold on" to the white ones like you say. A quick stroll through the Buy/Sell Forums and eBay will prove that.

Originally Posted by Bombbiggidyphil

It's just one of those things that doesn't happen too often though.   I wouldn't invest too much into it.  
My one and only theory about the Varsity 6's, is that they are becoming more valuable because of the scarcity of the 2000 retros these days. 

^^^^^^^  
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

Another thing...I'd gladly pay $200+ retail for a "limited/premium" Infrared VI retro that mirrors the original...get that darker tint infrared on it...narrow the shoes out a little bit...put the reflective material underneath the leather that wraps around the heel...oh man,,,,I'd probably pay much more than that...just for that feeling of putting them back on....

i should've bought 2 pairs of these when i could. i bought mine the day they released easily. then i saw one on iss for like 100 DS back when everyone was talking crap on them. i was gonna grab them but didnt have the money to. i still havent un DS'd them yet.

Back
Top Bottom