really good article about mj. An inside into why he seems so bitter

This article was outstanding. The average person would probably hate the person MJ has turned into, but this gave me a new found respect to the person he is.

"I study him," he says.

When LeBron goes right, he usually drives; when he goes left, he usually shoots a jumper. It has to do with his mechanics and how he loads the ball for release. "So if I have to guard him," Jordan says, "I'm gonna push him left so nine times out of 10, he's gonna shoot a jump shot. If he goes right, he's going to the hole and I can't stop him. So I ain't letting him go right."

That quote right there is why Lebron could never hold his jock straps. He might be a physical work of art, but his body can't beat that mind. Ironically, that mind has been a failure when it comes to operating a basketball team. It's funny how the all time greats have flaws and demons deep rooted in them,but manage to still be the GOAT. (Jordan, Whitney, MJ, etc)

When in Sports hasn't there been someone else that came along to become the best ever?

Why on earth you all believe that nobody EVER (long time) will be better than the current best is beyond me.

i think pele is still considered the best ever

sugar ray robinson too

When it came time to film, he'd see the guards eyeing the cinnamon rolls and he'd walk over and spit on each one, to make sure nobody took his food."

Was just bout to post this
laugh.gif

Was bout to smh,bit I do this too
roll.gif

Aint eem mad.

When in Sports hasn't there been someone else that came along to become the best ever?

Why on earth you all believe that nobody EVER (long time) will be better than the current best is beyond me.

Because it's true. In many people's eyes, who came along and has surpassed Babe Ruth in baseball? Not a damn soul. No pitcher has eclipsed what Cy Young did. No NFL position player has come close to surpassing Jerry Rice. What about Gretzky? Can't see anyone surpassing Wayne. MJ is the same way. Stop playing devil's damn advocate all the time.

Damn.. I would have to find some time to sit down and read all this stuff, but that's some incredible web design.

This article was outstanding. The average person would probably hate the person MJ has turned into, but this gave me a new found respect to the person he is.

"I study him," he says.

When LeBron goes right, he usually drives; when he goes left, he usually shoots a jumper. It has to do with his mechanics and how he loads the ball for release. "So if I have to guard him," Jordan says, "I'm gonna push him left so nine times out of 10, he's gonna shoot a jump shot. If he goes right, he's going to the hole and I can't stop him. So I ain't letting him go right."

That quote right there is why Lebron could never hold his jock straps. He might be a physical work of art, but his body can't beat that mind. Ironically, that mind has been a failure when it comes to operating a basketball team. It's funny how the all time greats have flaws and demons deep rooted in them,but manage to still be the GOAT. (Jordan, Whitney, MJ, etc)
Man PLEASE. Johan Petro could repeat those same words because his team's advanced scout has a Synergy Account. Jordan didn't recite anything insightful.

And he couldn't stop LeBron from going ANYWHERE. Stop it.

And THAT is why LeBron can't hold his jock? As if LeBron can't recite another player's tendencies?

Again, STOP

i think pele is still considered the best ever

sugar ray robinson too
Well TIME hasn't expired yet buddy.

I am sure when Messi is done folks will be nominating him for that crown. Since Pele was so long ago. ( Could happen, maybe not. Who knows )

Sugar Ray Robinson is considered the best ever by some. But so is Ali. So his legacy as #1 isn't as clear cut as Jordan.

Because it's true. In many people's eyes, who came along and has surpassed Babe Ruth in baseball? Not a damn soul. No pitcher has eclipsed what Cy Young did. No NFL position player has come close to surpassing Jerry Rice. What about Gretzky? Can't see anyone surpassing Wayne. MJ is the same way. Stop playing devil's damn advocate all the time.
Again, the word isn't over yet. So you saying words like "YET" is proving my point.

And there you go naming folks that retired within the last 15 years. You understand when they/we die, and someone comes along and KILLS, THEY will be considered the best ever?

Best Ever just means, "Best of my era."

Calling someone the best ever is not a set in stone statement.

Not sure why that is such a hard concept to believe.

Lebron would shut down Jordan One on one if they are both in their prime, let's be real. :lol: Team ball, Jordan > Lebron anyday.

Last edited:
Man PLEASE. Johan Petro could repeat those same words because his team's advanced scout has a Synergy Account. Jordan didn't recite anything insightful.

And THAT is why LeBron can't hold his jock? As if LeBron can't recite another player's tendencies?

Again, STOP
:lol:

Jordan said the most basic scouting report of 75% of right handed players...

And cats claiming he's some kind of genius.

Any person that played past 5th grade knows its easier to pull up off the opposite hand.

Jordan: one thing I noticed... is Rondo doesn't like to shoot. He'd rather drive. So I give him space

Ridiculous Jordan fans: omggggg... he's so ADVANCED in basketball. Only the greatest can see that. That's why bron ain't touching mj...

:rolleyes

Again, STOP
:lol:

Jordan said the most basic scouting report of 75% of right handed players...

And cats claiming he's some kind of genius.

Any person that played past 5th grade knows its easier to pull up off the opposite hand.

Jordan: one thing I noticed... is Rondo doesn't like to shoot. He'd rather drive. So I give him space

Ridiculous Jordan fans: omggggg... he's so ADVANCED in basketball. Only the greatest can see that. That's why bron ain't touching mj...

:rolleyes

This is true. Does anyone think that MJ didn't know a crossover was coming from AI? Just because you know it is coming doesn't mean you can stop it.

not on either side of the debate, just want to make something clear about Cy Young cause I may be
the only one on this site that has studied his career in depth...

Cy Young's name was not chosen to be on the annual pitching award because of the 511 career wins as most assume.

Initially, MLB wanted to have two separate awards, one for each league, National & American.
They were to be named the Walter Johnson Award (AL) & the Christy Mathewson Award (NL.)
But that idea was too cluttered, they wanted an award with just one name attached...

because Cy Young played so long, and played in so many leagues - he was chosen to represent the award.
So the name attached would not favor either the NL or AL for years to come. Also, Cy commanded respect from everyone,
not because of his baseball prowess, but because he was a tough as nails, dependable, honest farmer. Even Ty Cobb had nothing but respect for him.
(Ty Cobb was the mentally disturbed HOF'er who once said Babe Ruth ran well for a fat man.) Yet Cy Young he was never thought to be
nearly as good as Johnson or Mathewson then or now.

But now that Cy's name has been on the award for so many years & one can look up his unbreakable 511 wins,
most (who don't know that much about Cy) think he was The God pitcher when that is not the case at all.

hope baseball fans appreciate this post - and Cy is one of my top favorites, as is WJ.

Last edited:
not on either side of the debate, just want to make something clear about Cy Young cause I may be
the only one on this site that has studied his career in depth...

Cy Young's name was not chosen to be on the annual pitching award because of the 511 career wins as most assume.

Initially, MLB wanted to have two separate awards, one for each league, National & American.
They were to be named the Walter Johnson Award (AL) & the Christy Mathewson Award (NL.)
But that idea was too cluttered, they wanted an award with just one name attached...

because Cy Young played so long, and played in so many leagues - he was chosen to represent the award.
So the name attached would not favor either the NL or AL for years to come. Also, Cy commanded respect from everyone,
not because of his baseball prowess, but because he was a tough as nails, dependable, honest farmer. Even Ty Cobb had nothing but respect for him.
(Ty Cobb was the mentally disturbed HOF'er who once said Babe Ruth ran well for a fat man.) Yet Cy Young he was never thought to be
nearly as good as Johnson or Mathewson then or now.

But now that Cy's name has been on the award for so many years & one can look up his unbreakable 511 wins,
most (who don't know that much about Cy) think he was The God pitcher when that is not the case at all.

hope baseball fans appreciate this post - and Cy is one of my top favorites, as is WJ.

hmm

Back
Top Bottom