RealTalk: Your President Wants To Raise My Taxes to Close to 60%

Cant really tell if they are not wanting to shake his hand or if he is just introducing them.

Originally Posted by bhzmafia14

The Minister wrote:

roll.gif

WTH? When did this happen and where?

Obama got schooled in Russia. Got lectured like a little boy by Putin for an hour.
When someone in Russia lectures you for an hour that basically means they think pretty low of you.

Not surprised he got snubbed here.� Obama's "hope" and "change" means nothing there.
They're explouiting Obama's psychology. Putin prob had an entire volume drawn up on Obama's entire (real)history.
laugh.gif

wawaweewa wrote:

The Minister wrote:

roll.gif

Obama got schooled in Russia. Got lectured like a little boy by Putin for an hour.
When someone in Russia lectures you for an hour that basically means they think pretty low of you.

Not surprised he got snubbed here.� Obama's "hope" and "change" means nothing there.
They're explouiting Obama's psychology. Putin prob had an entire volume drawn up on Obama's entire (real) history.
laugh.gif

Do you live in Russia or the US?
��

Originally Posted by GTEK

wawaweewa wrote:

The Minister wrote:

roll.gif

They're exploiting Obama's psychology. Putin prob had an entire volume drawn up on Obama's entire (real) history.
laugh.gif

Do you live in Russia or the US?
��

US but I know a bit about Russian culture.
laugh.gif

What Putin pulled was total psych warfare.

Im broke so dont mind. I just want that help obama was talking about for students

but man I havent seen hovkid post in a while

Originally Posted by new york yanks

cry about it... it may help, you never know.
It may help? Sure, it will help the low income people getting government handouts but what about the hard working Americans that have to suffer asa result of their own success? ( suffer as in pay a ridiculous amount of taxes, I realize that if you make $400k and only bring home $200k, you aren'tstarving) I think those people have the right to do more than just "cry about it". Nice insight.

Originally Posted by kidposite

A young woman was about to finish her first year of college. Like so many others her age she considered herself to be a very liberal Democrat and was for distribution of all wealth. She felt deeply ashamed that her father was a rather staunch Republican which she expressed openly.

One day she was challenging her father on his beliefs and his opposition to higher taxes on the rich & more welfare programs. In the middle of her heartfelt diatribe based upon the lectures she had from her far-left professors at her school, he stopped her and asked her point blank, how she was doing in school.

She answered rather haughtily that she had a 4.0 GPA, and let him know that it was tough to maintain. That she had to study all the time, never had time to go out and party like other people she knew. She didn't even have time for a boyfriend and didn't really have many college friends because of spending all her time studying. That she was taking a more difficult curriculum.
Her father listened and then asked, "How is your friend Mary."
She replied, "Mary is barely getting by", she continued, "all she has is barely a 2.0 GPA" adding, "and all she takes are easy classes and she never studies." But to explain further she continued emotionally, "But Mary is so very popular on campus, college for her is a blast, she goes to all the parties all the time and very often doesn't even show up for classes because she is too hung over."

Her father then asked his daughter, "Why don't you go to the Dean's office and ask him to deduct a 1.0 off your 4.0 GPA and give it to her friend who only had a 2.0." He continued, "That way you will both have a 3.0 GPA and certainly that would be a fair equal distribution of GPA."

The daughter, visibly shocked by the father's suggestion, angrily fired back, "That wouldn't be fair! I worked really hard for mine, I did without and Mary has done little or nothing, she played while I worked real hard!"

The father slowly smiled and said, "Welcome to the Republican Party."

just felt like this is relevant to this post

I do not feel that this example is as relevant to the real world as you or a Republican might think. In the above example, you have one girl whoworked hard for a 4.0 while her friend was getting a 2.0 while not working hard at all. In the real world, you'll have your share of "4.0students"...people who work really hard and earn very good money. However, where this example falls short is by portraying all "2.0 students" aslazy, stay-at-home bums who do not have the desire to become financially successful. Poverty is often cyclical, one might work 60+ hours a week and barelystruggle to survive. It is extremely naive to believe that recipients of wealth distribution are all lazy people who just leach off of the "4.0students'" earnings.

Originally Posted by Carlos Tevez

A young woman was about to finish her first year of college. Like so many others her age she considered herself to be a very liberal Democrat and was for distribution of all wealth. She felt deeply ashamed that her father was a rather staunch Republican which she expressed openly.

One day she was challenging her father on his beliefs and his opposition to higher taxes on the rich & more welfare programs. In the middle of her heartfelt diatribe based upon the lectures she had from her far-left professors at her school, he stopped her and asked her point blank, how she was doing in school.

She answered rather haughtily that she had a 4.0 GPA, and let him know that it was tough to maintain. That she had to study all the time, never had time to go out and party like other people she knew. She didn't even have time for a boyfriend and didn't really have many college friends because of spending all her time studying. That she was taking a more difficult curriculum.
She replied, "Mary is barely getting by", she continued, "all she has is barely a 2.0 GPA" adding, "and all she takes are easy classes and she never studies." But to explain further she continued emotionally, "But Mary is so very popular on campus, college for her is a blast, she goes to all the parties all the time and very often doesn't even show up for classes because she is too hung over."

Her father then asked his daughter, "Why don't you go to the Dean's office and ask him to deduct a 1.0 off your 4.0 GPA and give it to her friend who only had a 2.0." He continued, "That way you will both have a 3.0 GPA and certainly that would be a fair equal distribution of GPA."

The daughter, visibly shocked by the father's suggestion, angrily fired back, "That wouldn't be fair! I worked really hard for mine, I did without and Mary has done little or nothing, she played while I worked real hard!"

I do not feel that this example is as relevant to the real world as you or a Republican might think. In the above example, you have one girl who worked hard for a 4.0 while her friend was getting a 2.0 while not working hard at all. In the real world, you'll have your share of "4.0 students"...people who work really hard and earn very good money. However, where this example falls short is by portraying all "2.0 students" as lazy, stay-at-home bums who do not have the desire to become financially successful. Poverty is often cyclical, one might work 60+ hours a week and barely struggle to survive. It is extremely naive to believe that recipients of wealth distribution are all lazy people who just leach off of the "4.0 students'" earnings.

obviously there are exceptions to both but you can't try and say that most of the the people living in poverty are always trying there hardestand spending their money wisely

I do not feel that this example is as relevant to the real world as you or a Republican might think. In the above example, you have one girl who worked hard for a 4.0 while her friend was getting a 2.0 while not working hard at all. In the real world, you'll have your share of "4.0 students"...people who work really hard and earn very good money. However, where this example falls short is by portraying all "2.0 students" as lazy, stay-at-home bums who do not have the desire to become financially successful. Poverty is often cyclical, one might work 60+ hours a week and barely struggle to survive. It is extremely naive to believe that recipients of wealth distribution are all lazy people who just leach off of the "4.0 students'" earnings.
QFT! Thank you for acknowledging that not all poor people are lazy food stamp collectors!

Originally Posted by wawaweewa

roll.gif

They're explouiting Obama's psychology. Putin prob had an entire volume drawn up on Obama's entire (real) history.
laugh.gif

roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif

Stop overreacting. It's just a handshake.

Ralf Loran wrote:

roll.gif

laugh.gif

roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif

Guy beating his chest like he is standing in front of the iron flag.
��

obviously there are exceptions to both but you can't try and say that most of the the people living in poverty are always trying there hardest and spending their money wisely

Ofcourse you are right...there those who live in poverty who really are "lazy"...but republicans often forget that a great amount ofthose in poverty are actually comprised of the working poor. I was just pointing out the weakness of the "4.0 vs. 2.0 student" analogy. It portraysall wealthy people has hard-workers who deserve every penny they get while all poor people are lazy and who survive by leaching off of the wealthy.

Originally Posted by Ralf Loran

roll.gif

laugh.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif

1236241801_vladimir_putin_making_balloon_animals.gif

Oh get out of here with this Obama conspiracy +%!%!$%#. Of course this isn't fair, and as a Moderate Liberal, I like to think that I see the good and bads.Sure, socialized healthcare would be great, yay! But in all honesty, what happens when people start coming in and flooding doctor's offices because of headand stomach aches, while the people with the real issues have to wait? Surgeries will be pushed back to the point where by the time you NEED the surgery, youmay only be halfway up the list. A friend of mine is from Canada is his mother was an established doctor, she'd see this stuff all of the time. However,it's +%!%!$%# to think every person who doesn't have healthcare is too lazy to get an amazing job with healthcare benefits, it's unrealistic. As afellow American, we SHOULD help those who are less fortunate than us, in case you haven't seen it first hand, I myself have friends whose parentsAREN'T lazy, but still don't have healthcare. However, should those who make hundreds of thousands of dollars a year have to support those who are justtoo lazy to work? Hell no! You worked hard for that money, you should maybe share some of what you have with those who are genuinely unfortunate, but keep themajority! My parents together make 200+, so I understand that part of it as well, although I sometimes find them sickeningly liberal.

So what do we do to correct this problem? How do we support those Americans who are our hardworking brothers and sisters that genuinely got the short end ofthe straw while shutting out those who are lazy?....... The answer is that we can't do $+$%, because it's near impossible to be that specific. Learn tonot take your material possessions for granted and roll with the blows, because if McCain had been elected, there would certainly be the same amount ofcomplaint threads about nearly the same topics. @%$$ or get into politics and change something.

So you want someone making split second decisions on your life to have less training? Very Foolish if you ask me. For example a radiologist has 4 yrs undergrad 4 yrs med school 5 yrs rads residency and 1 yr fellowship and even after all that time there is still a TON of things you havent seen or experienced and the others you want them to have as much experience as possible because if they miss that intracranial bleed say goodnight. Less training
roll.gif
and I am the one having to do it.

So it takes 13 years to become a Radiologist? thats crazy
eek.gif

NT is so inconsistent..
One min we got someone asking why is there poverty...
And now we got a thread with people who make over $250,000
who dont want to pay taxes to help those in need.
You not paying obama your helping your country.
U know? How that 21 year old is going out there in foreign countries
to get shot for you? The least you could do is help his mom out with healthcare.

obviously there are exceptions to both but you can't try and say that most of the the people living in poverty are always trying there hardest and spending their money wisely
Ofcourse you are right...there those who live in poverty who really are "lazy"...but republicans often forget that a great amount of those in poverty are actually comprised of the working poor. I was just pointing out the weakness of the "4.0 vs. 2.0 student" analogy. It portrays all wealthy people has hard-workers who deserve every penny they get while all poor people are lazy and who survive by leaching off of the wealthy.

I agree and disagree with you to a certain point. I do believe that there is a certain percentage of low income people who try as they might, willforever be stuck in the lower class. However, I also believe that there is decent sized percentage of people that have the aptitude to achieve more, such asgoing to school at night to get a degree or learning a trade, who chose not to pursue these options. I feel like some are under the mindset that they wouldrather another person else pay more taxes and get a handout than to make a personal sacrifice for their own benefit.

News flash genius. Most people DONT wanna stay in the hood, trap, ghetto, w/e you wanna call it. Stop basing your assessment of impoverishedpeople based on the news.

Originally Posted by malikdagoat

News flash genius. Most people DONT wanna stay in the hood, trap, ghetto, w/e you wanna call it. Stop basing your assessment of impoverished people based on the news.
Repubs always act like there aren't lazy rich people that just sit around and live off of the income from their passive investments. (whichmay have even been inherited)

people geitting way off track here

prime example: i be john mayer, rambling about how garbagemen work as hard as lawyers. lol. try to stay on topic big guy.

Back
Top Bottom