reasons for JB to release sub par colorways in CDP's and wack creations fushions and 6 rings

i have a feeling JB releases ulgy colorways, bad fusions, and retro colorways that could've been to kill the appeal of the brand once this year is done. for JB to create a new wave of HYPE just so that J's will still be in demand even after the XX3's is pointless for them.

i just hope the retroes that will always represent what JB once was(OG's) will still be worth $ as much as they are now even after JB tries to Kill theirown brand.....

Originally Posted by hypeNT500

i have a feeling JB releases ulgy colorways, bad fusions, and retro colorways that could've been to kill the appeal of the brand once this year is done. for JB to create a new wave of HYPE just so that J's will still be in demand even after the XX3's is pointless for them.

i just hope the retroes that will always represent what JB once was(OG's) will still be worth $ as much as they are now even after JB tries to Kill their own brand.....

So you couldn't post this in the fusion tread, the CP3 thread, and the 6 rings thread?

No offense, but I don't understand what you're saying either

Im not sure i understand the question/statement. But I guess they are releasing these shoes because they know people will buy them

i,m just questioning the move that JB has done with their product/brand. there has been soo much garbage to flood the market coming from JB that it seems thatthey're purposely tanking their own brand so that the collectors will not have a market left to sell their shoes once JB leaves. jus their way of stickingit to their followers once again.

its clear you are just used to JB and accept whatever they release. for me i wouldve liked jb to go out in a bang in a good way, but they had to releasecolorways in the CDP's that are wack compared to the colorways that are out for those particular shoe and more frankentsien kicks SMH.....

of all the things JB could've released they had to bring out colorways (ie bred xi's instead of space jams, suede xx's instead of stealths and soon also releasing frankentsein kicks that anyone can see these are garbage).

okay. so all i saw were subpar colorways and bad design shoes. i thought to myself wow JB clearly bombed. then i wondered they shouldve released the mostpopular colorways in the CDP...........but why did they go the other direction?????

i figured they took such a bad direction to kill their hype and leave nothing left for anyone to want once they stop making kicks. i just wonder if this willkill the complete name completely including the hype for the OG's(ie. bred & cement iv's, III's etc.) i made a thread to see if others thoughtthis was possible for JB to do and for those that agree see if this would impact the jordan name as a demand in the future.

just thought NT would've thought about this.....iguess NT is best for getting discount codes
ohwell.gif

Guess they doing there brand like Mr. Jordan did his career.(low blow) I have all the respect for Jordan but when he retired the first time he should'vestayed out.IMO I deff respect him his name and his legacy. But was disappointed the way he went out
frown.gif

thats stupid y would they kill their own legacy i think ur jus salty about it cuz u arent gettin wat u want even if they gave us space jams people wouldcomplain about something else

of all the things JB could've released they had to bring out colorways (ie bred xi's instead of space jams, suede xx's instead of stealths and so on also releasing frankentsein kicks that anyone can see these are garbage).

okay. so all i saw were subpar colorways and bad design shoes. i thought to myself wow JB clearly bombed. then i wondered they shouldve released the most popular colorways in the CDP...........but why did they go the other direction?????

i figured they took such a bad direction to kill their hype and leave nothing left for anyone to want once they stop making kicks. i just wonder if this will kill the complete name completely including the hype for the OG's(ie. bred & cement iv's, III's etc.) i made a thread to see if others thought this was possible for JB to do and for those that agree see if this would impact the jordan name as a demand in the future.

just thought NT would've thought about this.....iguess NT is best for getting discount codes
ohwell.gif
No, it's buisness 101.
Why release the good stuff with the trash stuff sells out?
When and only when people STOP buying what they release now and the hype falls off, JB will drop Black/Infrared VIs, Nike Air, Mid-top Patent XIs, etc.

They are sacrificing the name of the brand and losing many die-hard fans, but they are raking in the $$$$$$$

^^hope you're right about bringing back the real stuff. i think the jumpman is here to stay after reading somewhere how tinker wanted to take out the"nike Air" off the shoe and have the jumpman to be its own shoe. classic symbol of greed and power.

now that i think about it all these youngsters eating up all this garbage 1.are only exposed to what JB release today. if they knew what JB brought out whenjordan was in his prime these youngsters would think twice on what to cop. and 2.these youngsters are also the last of the jordan generation. after these wackcolorways and frankntsein j's it will be impossible for another generation to want retroes of these six rings, spizikes, and fushions just like i/we arefor the retroes/ogs.

i just hope the og/retros last as far as its value and symbol of what once was a shoe of the G.O.A.T.

Originally Posted by doctorjay507

thats stupid y would they kill their own legacy i think ur jus salty about it cuz u arent gettin wat u want even if they gave us space jams people would complain about something else

it would be so easy for JB to come out with the "HOTTEST" colorways for each shoe in the CDP's but they decided to take a differentdirection. so why don't they just do that??? the fusions, six rings, spizikes was just the icing on the cake for me to realize the JB is just tankingtheir own ship and running away with all the loot. all these hybrid stuff is just rediculous!

i,m just questioning the move that JB has done with their product/brand. there has been soo much garbage to flood the market coming from JB that it seems that they're purposely tanking their own brand so that the collectors will not have a market left to sell their shoes once JB leaves. jus their way of sticking it to their followers once again.

so your thinking is if JB leaves collectors will not be able to sell their sneakers at a higher price

wheres the guy that suggested taking an intelligence test to be able to post?

What are you trying to say?

Originally Posted by malumouse

i,m just questioning the move that JB has done with their product/brand. there has been soo much garbage to flood the market coming from JB that it seems that they're purposely tanking their own brand so that the collectors will not have a market left to sell their shoes once JB leaves. jus their way of sticking it to their followers once again.

so your thinking is if JB leaves collectors will not be able to sell their sneakers at a higher price

With these hybrids and disliking of JB's releases i just thought the demand of J's would go down with the hybrid crap and wack CDP's.

of all the things JB could've released they had to bring out colorways (ie bred xi's instead of space jams, suede xx's instead of stealths and so on also releasing frankentsein kicks that anyone can see these are garbage).

okay. so all i saw were subpar colorways and bad design shoes. i thought to myself wow JB clearly bombed. then i wondered they shouldve released the most popular colorways in the CDP...........but why did they go the other direction?????

i figured they took such a bad direction to kill their hype and leave nothing left for anyone to want once they stop making kicks. i just wonder if this will kill the complete name completely including the hype for the OG's(ie. bred & cement iv's, III's etc.) i made a thread to see if others thought this was possible for JB to do and for those that agree see if this would impact the jordan name as a demand in the future.

ohwell.gif

I would prefer spacejams too but i think calling black/red 11s garbage is a bit extreme. I am sure there are plenty of people that would prefer black red11s over spacejams. I haven't seen pics of the suede 20s, I didn't know they were around already, I would like to see this garbage that you havealready judged. Please post a link!
What about Carmines and Hares? Those colorways are highly sought after and desired.

You think they are tanking on purpose? Thats ridiculous. Do you really think a multi million dollar brand would arbitrarily decide "Well, it's been 23years of Air Jordans, I think it is about time we completely drive ourselves out of business, that would be great!" No. They make what they make becausepeople buy it. You can call it crap. I can call it crap. But outside of this little shoe world there are millions of people that will spend 185 dollars onspizikes. They are making more money than ever and everything that you complain about is selling WELL. That is why they make what they make. If you wererunning a business it would be stupid to release everything you know people want all the time. They would make money, sure, but for how long? They cant releasespacejams, concords, black/cement 3s every year. Instead, they release things that you dont like but still sell. Then they drop one of the more sought after OGretros once in a while to keep the interest of people like us. And guess what, it works.

You came to the conclusion JB was TRYING to go out of business because they didn't put YOUR favorite colorways into some of the countdown packs? Wow, thatsall I can say.

Ummm my dude, I am not sure your observation logically follows. You are basing your assumption on YOUR opinion, for example you say they arent releasing colorsthat are popular, but I cant wait for the carmines, and I happen to think the black and red XI are hot and am looking forward to getting them. Just because YOUdont like the colors does not mean 1. they are not hot, and 2. JB is purposely sinking the brand (they are doing that in other ways: cheap products, etc). Asfor the "frankenshoe" JB is releasing them because people buy them. I see alot of people saying "I cant stand those "insert ugly shoehere" but on the release day go to the pick up thread and see how many people have the ugly shoe. Watch what happens with the 6 rings, they will be soldout, and on ebay for about 1 billion dollars. JB is smart if you ask me, milk the consumer for every dime they can, and to do this their brand has to besomewhat relevant.

^^it would make more sense and more money for JB to release the "HOTTEST" colorways instead of colors that would take longer to sell and even seethem on sales rack. bring out all the colorways that the majority would want instead of suede xx's, xvii's and bring out the stealths and white redxvii's and see how much MORE $$$$$ JB would make. JB would rather make money releasing hybrids rather than selling millions more og colorways that wouldcause panic on RD.......

i already know just like everyone else on NT that the CDP's could be better and the hybrid J's are garbage. i'm just thinking the reason for JB todo this when they could make ALOT more money giving J's fans what they want. it would be just as easy for JB to do so.....and if its so easy JB is doingthings different for a reason. and for them to make less money by releasing hybrids and not OG's my thinking is that they are on their way out leaving atime bomb for their BRAND to go off after this year leaving only a cloud of smoke.

Originally Posted by Trieze K

Ummm my dude, I am not sure your observation logically follows. You are basing your assumption on YOUR opinion, for example you say they arent releasing colors that are popular, but I cant wait for the carmines, and I happen to think the black and red XI are hot and am looking forward to getting them. Just because YOU dont like the colors does not mean 1. they are not hot, and 2. JB is purposely sinking the brand (they are doing that in other ways: cheap products, etc). As for the "frankenshoe" JB is releasing them because people buy them. I see alot of people saying "I cant stand those "insert ugly shoe here" but on the release day go to the pick up thread and see how many people have the ugly shoe. Watch what happens with the 6 rings, they will be sold out, and on ebay for about 1 billion dollars. JB is smart if you ask me, milk the consumer for every dime they can, and to do this their brand has to be somewhat relevant.

JB would make A TON of MORE $$$$$$$ if they were to just flood the market with og colors but they decide to create a division in their company to createFUSIONS and SIX RING and spizikes
roll.gif

they are not making less money. the 3/20 pack will sell out. the 6/17 pack will sell out. doing the changes YOU want is not going to make them sell out MORE.

and do you think sales racks matter to JB? They get the same money out of footlocker for the shoes no matter how long it takes footlocker to sell.

and these fusions, and frankensteins are selling VERY WELL. If they dropped EVERYTHING YOU WANT right now, what will they release to keep you as a customernext month? or next year? they can't take your favorite 5-10 models and just release those every year, it wont work. They have to put other things outthere, so they do. they make millions. they give you a shoe every once in a while. they make millions. no matter how much people on niketalk complain JB isdoing just fine. The collectors do not drive the market. The high school kids do, and they like all the crap that you dont.

^^unlimited quantity of classic colorways would make more money and would sell to the kids in highschool more than hybrids. having a fresh pair of classiccolors on hand would double the profit for JB than what they release now.

But you do make sense on keeping the best stuff just to keep the followers on their toes anticipating its release...

Originally Posted by malumouse

With these hybrids and disliking of JB's releases i just thought the demand of J's would go down with the hybrid crap and wack CDP's.

maybe you forgot of the demand of the J's that are not hybrid crap and wack CDP's

^^that's what i'm afraid of. just like only remembering jordan with the wizards instead of "the last shot" jordan. alot of people onlyremember what's in front of them or what the most recent release is. i just want people to remember the best parts of jordans. all this suede on theCDP's and colorways other than the classics and hybrids will make it difficult for those to remember space jams, stealths, and so forth(xii) or what JBonce was.

but if they are holding all the hot stuff for the future then it'll just be something to look forward to. just like releasing jordans on the date when hedid something special during his career...

Back
Top Bottom