Recommend A Book/What Are You Reading?

I love comics so...
"30 days of night" series. Steve Niles is a great writer and Ben Templesmith is a sick artist.
"Simon Dark" Gotham City's other protector
"Marvel Zombies 2" still have to pick up issue 3, just dropped friday.
Hope to get started on "the Umbrella Academy" and "Wormwood"

BE smart, read the first page of this book, you will either love it or not care for it

A road less Traveled, by MP.Scott

If yourlooking for something eye opening,wise, and knowledgable this is the book

PM me if you decide to check it out

I'm reading Post Office by Charles Bukowski
dude is straight nuts. I can read anything by him cause he's such a dirty old creep that I find it funny. If you enjoy that, check out Talesof Ordinary Madness, or Ham on Rye. Two good ones by him.

Just a drunk writer that writes about his life, the dirty women he's been with and how he gambles his life away. Sounds terrible, but he's one of thebetter authors I've read.

Also, Choke by Chuck Palahniuk

It's about a sex addict (who goes to sexaholics annonymous meetings to meet girls) who basically pretends to be choking on his food at every restaurantimaginable so people will save him, feel responsible for his life and send him money. Just a crazy style of writing that will hook you on this author IMO.I've read almost everything he's written and love everything

I just started The Picture of Dorian Gray by Oscar Wilde...oscar wilde is the man

also i'm halfway through the alchemist

perty good books

Everybody on NT should read...

"Letters To a Young Brotha" by Hill Harper.

Inspired by Rainer Maria Rilke's Letters to a Young Poet, Harper, a young black actor and graduate of Brown University and Harvard Law School, offers similar inspiration to young men clamoringfor advice and encouragement at a time when popular culture offers little positive direction. Interspersed throughout are e-mail inquiries from young men andHarper's responses and those of other celebrities, including Nas, Venus Williams, and Barack Obama. He devotes separate chapters to school and work, sex,and life aspirations, tackling such issues as single parenthood, sexually transmitted diseases, the allure of materialism, and the power of words and faith.Harper offers his personal story: a young man brought up by a demanding father, who developed a relationship with his mother only as he grew older. He viewsthe youth of today as an evolved species, like the latest model car, with improvements that come from the experiences of those who came before. Although aimedat young black men, this book, with its contemporary language and approach, should have appeal for youth of both sexes and all races.

eek.gif
pimp.gif
eek.gif
pimp.gif
eek.gif
pimp.gif
eek.gif

The Mysteries of Pittsburgh - Michael Chabon

and

Wuthering Heights - Emily Bronte

and (bout to re-read)

South of the Border, West of the Sun - Haruki Murakami

I'm reading Post Office by Charles Bukowski

Good book, although sometimes the boozing, dirty old man shtick gets tiresome.
My man.... I was going to come here and say "If you're a fan of pop culture check this book out"
laugh.gif

I just picked up Chuck Klosterman IV, his next book, so far it's not bad, but it's different than Sex, Drugs..

IV is pretty overrated imo. The section of the book which is his old articles on celebs/musicians is good but the other 2/3rds of the book are dull, especiallyhis fictional novella at the end.

Killing Yourself to Live is a much better book. He goes to visit the death sites of famous musicians, hilarity ensues.

The Survivor's Club by Lisa Gardner

Anything by Chuck Phalaniuk...author of Fight Club, love his work...

Eldorado Red by Donald Goines...

Back
Top Bottom