Reddit going public?!? vol: Can I get 1000 shares of NT

Damn I didn't know that many people on NT didn't like reddit.

Reading it is one thing. Falling down the rabbit hole and actually posting on it is another. It's basically high school, only in addition to it being a popularity contest you also have to know all the inside jokes. The snark level on there is insufferable sometimes.

However, there are great, informative subs that are worth just browsing. The science and history subs are incredible. Also, the NBA sub is pretty good. And Ask Reddit makes for a fun read quite often.

reddit is where all your funny Facebook videos and Buzzfeed articles come from :lol:

I read reddit daily, but I rarely post. Yeah, the layout is different from Niketalk, but the sheer size of the website would make browsing every single post impossible. Ask Reddit is hilarious or terrifying or interesting, I love their history subs as well as other specific subreddits. It's not that complicated once you get used to it. Want to see more replies? Click a button for more replies. Want to collapse the whole conversation? Hit a button to collapse it and move on. With threads that get thousands of replies in a few hours, you couldn't navigate every single post like NT or misc.

It had it's advantages because you could find smaller subreddits with a great community to discuss similar interests. Plus they do a lot of charity work and secret santas and stuff like that. Or someone will post about a hardship they're having, and someone will comment that "Oh, I live right next to you, here's some clothes or money or a job opportunity" Cool, random stuff like that. Their AMAs are also really awesome at times, I've read countless great AMAs with actors, musicians, politicians, etc.

Yeah, the cliques and inside jokes and what not are bad... but the same thing can happen on Niketalk or any large website. Let's not pretend people won't get flamed endlessly if they post about shoes in the wrong forum. Or ask a question about tipping again. Or give a contrary opinion. I love NT, but it's not a perfect forum or community. Reddit isn't either... it's just on a much larger scale and has to deal with issues of such popularity. Like their sketchy subreddits or their leaked photos or stuff like that.

Last edited:
reddit is ******* awesome.

don't get how the layout sucks. it's the simplest thing in the world and easy as **** to navigate.

some of the comments are cool as hell, witty and **** :lol:

Last edited:
reddit is ******* awesome.

don't get how the layout sucks. it's the simplest thing in the world and easy as **** to navigate.

some of the comments are cool as hell, witty and ****
laugh.gif
There was one comment that I read on reddit where I literally died. I wish I could remember it. I think I posted it in tan.

I'm posting from the afterlife.

Will be Posted by every nter who likes reddit
REDDIT SUCKS
ib0faNlzdeBmuV.gif
ib0faNlzdeBmuV.gif
ib0faNlzdeBmuV.gif
ib0faNlzdeBmuV.gif
ib0faNlzdeBmuV.gif
ib0faNlzdeBmuV.gif
ib0faNlzdeBmuV.gif
ib0faNlzdeBmuV.gif

Last edited:
i really appreciate reddit and NT's public awareness about their funding and admin. it's like a newspaper inviting people to an open house to discuss the printing process, reporter hiring, and editorial board decisions.

NT is a small tight knit community; there's a vibe here, and it's important to the regular users to preserve that.
Reddit is huge; there's a vibe there but it includes an element of constant change and turnover of information, memes, users, etc.

i found that reddit moves faster than NT and has more variety to offer. reddit is TAN x1,000,000 but with the a huge user base determining what's interesting and important. the chaff falls to the wayside.

just to let you know, reddit was way harder for me to get adjusted to before i discovered RES, the reddit enhancement suite. it allows you to adjust the visibility to "night mode": look familiar?

View media item 1207441

NT, What are your favorite sub reddits?

Also I use reddits mobile version. Much easier on the eyes imo
i.reddit.com

NT is not THAT well known of a site. I would put site value at around 5 million

I would disagree.

Our population may not be as numerous as that of Reddit's, but I think we are known within the culture that observes sneakers.

I was always kinda surprised about the fact that Reddit was birthed in '05. I always just assumed that it had been in existence for as long--if not longer--than NT.

The look of that board is beside the point though. Obviously, it's not as big of an issue to their members who number in the thousands.

For me, what's interesting about this whole fundraising thing is the observation that knowledge is indeed power. They have such a lofty valuation largely because of their audience and the sheer amount of information that is circulated within that forum. The revenue from ads alone must be crazy.

We don't have as large an audience, but we are the best in our niche. It's known that some of our members hold admirable positions in some of our favorite sneaker companies. It's also known that many of these members glean valuable information from the board, which makes me wonder why NT has never "collaborated" with some of these big companies whose product we actively market and provide valuable insight to.

I think a NT x Nike Air force 1 collab sneaker would be so dope, and the money raised from such a collaboration could be used to further our philanthropic endeavors. These sneaker companies OWE us for all the information and marketing we provide at no charge...:lol:

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom