Reebok Answer 1 returning in May 24, 2013. Retail $150

just recieved mine from packer shoes... im keeping them. always loved this shoe. the leather on mine are nice. dont know what that nightwing guy was talking about. love this shoe. glad i got it

just recieved mine from packer shoes... im keeping them. always loved this shoe. the leather on mine are nice. dont know what that nightwing guy was talking about. love this shoe. glad i got it
How do they feel as far as cushioning since there is no DMX? Are they even comfortable at all?

theyre comfortable. i tried them on and walked around in them. i dont know that they are just foam... seems like there something more but i could be wrong. theyre a hot shoe. leather is soft. cushioning at the heel is thin but squishy, not hard like the dude in the video said. he destroyed the shoe and while there expected quality loss its not that bad. i cannot remember exactly how my OG's felt way back and i never got a 10th anniversary one but over all im very happy with my purchase. just definitely got a half size to a full size down because my 14's feel like 14.5-15s.

theyre comfortable. i tried them on and walked around in them. i dont know that they are just foam... seems like there something more but i could be wrong. theyre a hot shoe. leather is soft. cushioning at the heel is thin but squishy, not hard like the dude in the video said. he destroyed the shoe and while there expected quality loss its not that bad. i cannot remember exactly how my OG's felt way back and i never got a 10th anniversary one but over all im very happy with my purchase. just definitely got a half size to a full size down because my 14's feel like 14.5-15s.

What you're feeling is the sockliner. Take it out, walk around in the shoe, and you'll see why its an issue. That PU Reebok insole can only work for so long before you're basically playing on the non-cushioned midsole (after the sockliner breaks in and breaks down a bit).

What you're feeling is the sockliner. Take it out, walk around in the shoe, and you'll see why its an issue. That PU Reebok insole can only work for so long before you're basically playing on the non-cushioned midsole (after the sockliner breaks in and breaks down a bit).

yeah but i didnt buy these to hoop in..... if you did buy a retro to hoop in you made a bad choice. there are sooooo many cheaper options for a better shoe to play ball in (kobes)... i advise against playing in these non dmx retros, better off playing in some chucks

yeah but i didnt buy these to hoop in..... if you did buy a retro to hoop in you made a bad choice. there are sooooo many cheaper options for a better shoe to play ball in (kobes)... i advise against playing in these non dmx retros, better off playing in some chucks

I agree, I was just saying what it was you were feeling.

I've said all along that even if these retros DID have DMX in them (in their respective forms per shoe) that I still wouldn't play in them because DMX is pretty useless for todays game (at least my style, which is a lot of pounding from jumping on the midsoles). For me, the DMX would be killed quickly, but I would still play a couple of games in them for nostalgia. After maybe two games, I'd simply rock them.

If these go on sale for a cheap enough price I'll cop them to rock. I'm so mad because my mom threw out my OG blue patent leather Answer I, and that was my last Answer with real DMX in them lol

Going to cop these from Finish Line with Winners Circle...but actually pondering waiting if these are really going to be that easy to get.

Last edited:
I got my pair a few days ago,i must say... these are huge!! My size 12 felt like a 13. Surprised at how off the size was. Other than that im happy i got them and $50 under retail i can't complain. 

Just copped my pair at my local mom and pop shop. i got for 115, These are nice but not worth 150 IMO... Im thinking of doubling up and going half a sz down to play ball in these 8)

Question for some of the Reebok Iverson 'heads, was the 'Answer Lite' the take down version of the Answer I or the Answer II?

We got them in at my spot and I took a 9 out of the box and I immediately noticed the colors where off and the gold was more of a brownish color but the "IVERSON" on the tongue was like a yellow color. The shoe also looked huge, I sat it on the ground and took a step back to see how it looked b/c I thought I was tripping :lol:

The leather wasnt as bad as that pair nightwing had but for $150 I decided to wait and catch them on a sale or something. I thought the would sell really well against the Nike restocks/new releases this weekend but idk once people see it in person, see the price, and u try to convince people to go a full size down they might pass and grab something else

Last edited:
$120 from reebok.com sounds tempting. I definitely wasn't paying $150. deciding if I should wait it out on FNL and wait for the mark down plus coupon & WC reward. try and get them for around $80-$90. not sure if FNL will mark these down that low tho. the Georgetown Questions aren't even marked down yet and those been out for a minute. the only ones marked down on FNL are the answer 4s and those are less popular than these answer 1s. blue toe and red toe question ones never got marked down either. I don't think these will get marked down too low like I said. $120 off reebok sounds like a good deal to me

just ordered a pair thru FNL. link was sent out via twitter but then taken down. I was able to place my order but called customer service and asked why the link was taken down and why couldn't the shoes be searched on the website. they told me they didn't receive their stock from reebok or their stock has been sent back for some reason as of now. so for now FNL isn't getting them online. my order is being cancelled

I just picked mine up not to long ago! This shoe is nostalgic for me (balled in these in middle school) so I knew that I wouldn't be able to talk myself out of them after seeing them in person. I had to go an ENTIRE SIZE DOWN!!! I find it crazy how off-the-mark these are with sizing. I wasn't 100% satisfied w/ the quality, I actually had to have the salesman pick out another pair b/c of some sloppy glueing. When he brought me out the other size 11 the box was a completely different size as the first size 11!! Everything checked out, the shoes were fine but even the salesmen was a little baffled by this! Lastly, I don't understand why there is no actual DMX system!? Wtf!? This was the reason that I liked these shoes most of all! They made them super comfortable and worthwhile for paying, what I think was, a low 100's price tag back in the day. Now there is no DMX and they cost more, of course, for a shoe that is a slightly less quality shoe! Eve though I'm complaining I will probably still keep them. Swizz just needs to step his game up.

Just came back from purchasing my pair. Didn't care about the price tag, true "sneakerheads" will appreciate this shoe and purchase.

Back
Top Bottom