Reebok Answer 1 returning in May 24, 2013. Retail $150

Decided to hold out really need to know. Did reebok make these retros with hoopin in mind or just for wearing around.

reebok no longer has a basketball division, do the math

the best current release of reebok to play in would prolly be the kamikazes and not because they were re-released with performance in mind but they just so happen to be comfortable and a nice fit

this shoe isn't as bad as the nightwing review but terrible nonetheless

The funny thing is most of these retro's that we are seeing now minus a couple like the Shaq and the DMX Run were retro'd a few years back and no one bought them. I hope we see the premier edition reebok pump and the SXT's soon

I think it's ALL due to Social Media now. Whereas 7 years ago, there was no Twitter and YouTube and Facebook were just starting. Every Sneakerhead is in the know now. I do wish Reebok would bring back those SXT Trainers along with the Preseason pumps. I bought the Answers on release day and there's no issue with the pair I got.

these will drop to about $110 - $120 in a month or two.   Don't pay the $150 now.  They aren't flying off the shelves.   These can be had for under $100 via Finishline if you wait it out

the best current release of reebok to play in would prolly be the kamikazes and not because they were re-released with performance in mind but they just so happen to be comfortable and a nice fit

I agree. I've played ball in the kamikazes several times this year and I was really surprised how well they perform on the court. So if you're looking for a reebok retro to actually play in just get the kamikazes.

I agree. I've played ball in the kamikazes several times this year and I was really surprised how well they perform on the court. So if you're looking for a reebok retro to actually play in just get the kamikazes.
Negative... Reebok has a BBall dept, and a Retro Bball dept... What do yall think Jason terry handed to that kid in the crowd after a playoff game?

Like I said, when I tried them on in the store there was definitely SOMETHING in there. Whether it be foam or actual DMX, idk, but it sure felt better than that cardboard crap they put in the Answer IV. I took out the sockliner and walked around, and it was definitely not the sockliner I was feeling.

I haven't worn my originals in about a year or two, but I remember how the DMX felt in those. These don't feel the same, no, but it doesn't feel like they put NOTHING in there or something hard (again, like the Answer IV).

Tried them on today. Def more comfortable than expected. If u can hoop comfortably in anything fuse or retro from Nike you should have no problems balling in these :lol:

Negative... Reebok has a BBall dept, and a Retro Bball dept... What do yall think Jason terry handed to that kid in the crowd after a playoff game?

all I know is John Walls contract was supposed to be cancelled because reebok ended their basketball division and he was to sign to adidas

I don't consider a retro basketball dept as an actual title, it's just retro in general

Last edited:
all I know is John Walls contract was supposed to be cancelled because reebok ended their basketball division and he was to sign to adidas

I don't consider a retro basketball dept as an actual title, it's just retro in general

Adidas owns reebok. More of a transfer than a cancel

Yep. These, the wht/red/gold pair and the blue alternate pair

So they're not as comfortable as those, but still close enough? My OG was used from eBay before I got them, but still had enough DMX in them for me to get the point lol.

I just wish someone would hoop in them so we can know if the cushioning actually works for ball, or is just a fluff of air that goes flat after like a week of playing

Last edited:
I know adidas own reebok

I consider it a cancel because wearing adidas weren't the original terms of the contract

but back to the shoe

I know adidas own reebok

I consider it a cancel because wearing adidas weren't the original terms of the contract

but back to the shoe

Blake griffin... Russell west... Still Nike employees brother.

Wall in the same situation

Last edited:
So they're not as comfortable as those, but still close enough? My OG was used from eBay before I got them, but still had enough DMX in them for me to get the point lol.

I just wish someone would hoop in them so we can know if the cushioning actually works for ball, or is just a fluff of air that goes flat after like a week of playing

I cant remember what the DMX quality was in 99' when I copped the shoes at the reebok outlet :lol:

But....

Out the box the shoe feels better than the Nike hyperfuse, hyperenforcer, Barkley force max, and KD V to me. (I've played in or tried on all those shoes for basketball)

It's heavier than the lebron X and Melo M9s (which are two of the best hoop shoes on the market right now) but still fairly comfortable compared to them.

The shoe is also far more comfortable than any retro from Jordan Brand the past 2 or 3 years lol.

Good shoe, The price is effy especially for basketball but if u can grab I say go for it

wow I didn't realize reebok stopped making new bball shoes. Not suprising though whoever thought that zig zag crap would be a hit for basketball should have their job terminated if it isn't already

That's all I needed to hear bro. I don't know why ppl saying there's no dmx

Thats because there is no DMX 10 in them I do not know what the hell you people think you are feeling...

The reebok answer 1 currently in stores does not have dmx in them.

The hype or something got you feeling imaginary dmx 10 or what??? :lol:

you guys must have not had any og answers 1 thru 5 or else you would know what dmx feels like

I own answer 1 through 5 og and the answer 1 currently in stores feels like NONE of them. no dmx lite, no dmx 10, no I pak, none...

Speaking of OG answers i found the best georgetown color answers of all time in my garage and wore them to see star trek the other day. DUDE, the dmx still worked! god i love shoes with leather sockliners... these things were so comfy and NO shock pad insole either..

View media item 432290
damn near shed a tear after finding them :lol:

Thats because there is no DMX 10 in them I do not know what the hell you people think you are feeling...

The reebok answer 1 currently in stores does not have dmx in them.

The hype or something got you feeling imaginary dmx 10 or what??? :lol:

you guys must have not had any og answers 1 thru 5 or else you would know what dmx feels like

I own answer 1 through 5 og and the answer 1 currently in stores feels like NONE of them. no dmx lite, no dmx 10, no I pak, none...

Speaking of OG answers i found the best georgetown color answers of all time in my garage and wore them to see star trek the other day. DUDE, the dmx still worked! god i love shoes with leather sockliners... these things were so comfy and NO shock pad insole either..

View media item 432290
damn near shed a tear after finding them :lol:

I had the Answer 1, Answer IV, Answer V, and more (only named those for the DMX), and I know what the DMX feels like. I know it's not DMX 10, but I just said that it feels like they put something in there that at least feels better than the Answer IV retros. Whether it holds up for ball is a different story, but they felt a lot more comfortable than I expected, and I still want to cop when the price drops.

Trust me, I know TRUE DMX, and if these had it, I would've scooped right there on the spot....multiple pairs at that....

Still kicking myself for passing on the DS black/white pair on Ebay like a month ago :smh:

From the Sneaker art forum PS by vcshoxj6

View media item 260435

Back
Top Bottom