Reebok Answer 1 returning in May 24, 2013. Retail $150

Straight to feet, wore them a while yesterday and the ipak is definitely there doing it's job (more comfortable than I remember my 2013's feeling out of the box and definitely better than they feel now). Also just my experience but these fit tighter than the Black/Golds from 2013 out of the box (the ankle area feels much more padded). There was a code floating around last week from AFEW for $146 shipped to the States but doubt it's working now.
B3541803-33D0-4131-B255-72DA84D05224.jpeg
1232067C-EC64-42AB-8489-270EF6F01C27.jpeg

You can feel the air transfer in there?
Best way to describe it is similar too zoom (or if you bought or tried on the Reebok Legacies same cushion). The insoles is thin enough that you definitely feel it underfoot. DMX 10 not being there is a bummer but I'd bet a lot would be satisfied with the ipak system ESPECIALLY with the IVs being pretty much bricks.

Best way to describe it is similar too zoom (or if you bought or tried on the Reebok Legacies same cushion). The insoles is thin enough that you definitely feel it underfoot. DMX 10 not being there is a bummer but I'd bet a lot would be satisfied with the ipak system ESPECIALLY with the IVs being pretty much bricks.
Ah I see. Yeah, I wish Reebok would do better with the 4’s cushioning. They really are bricks.

91B4DA45-07F7-4CB0-A546-4D90BD806D9C.jpeg

My fist time seeing/trying any answer 1 since the first retro in 2006. I go way back with these having the OG in 1998 and another OG pair I rocked in the late ‘00s. The leather they used on these is nice, even though they cheaper out in some of the interior panels. My jaw hit the floor when I caught how the gold parts of the midsole are just painted instead of metal like the OG :smh:. Trying them on, the cushioning was definitely there, but I didn’t feel any transfer, even trying to rock back and forth.

All in all, I’d love to get these for nostalgia purposes, but the price point is unjustified, will cop down the line.

My fist time seeing/trying any answer 1 since the first retro in 2006. I go way back with these having the OG in 1998 and another OG pair I rocked in the late ‘00s. The leather they used on these is nice, even though they cheaper out in some of the interior panels. My jaw hit the floor when I caught how the gold parts of the midsole are just painted instead of metal like the OG :smh:. Trying them on, the cushioning was definitely there, but I didn’t feel any transfer, even trying to rock back and forth.

All in all, I’d love to get these for nostalgia purposes, but the price point is unjustified, will cop down the line.
So, you actually feel air underfoot?

So, you actually feel air underfoot?
Um... I don't know what I felt :lol:

There's definitely discernible cushioning there, but it didnt feel "airy" if that makes sense. Like it was soft, but mostly dead.

I was ready to cop but they are everywhere and not moving which is freaking great. I don't wanna drop more than like 140-150 if I dont have to. Can't wait to finally grab these.

I was ready to cop but they are everywhere and not moving which is freaking great. I don't wanna drop more than like 140-150 if I dont have to. Can't wait to finally grab these.

$119 plus shipping FSR

$119 plus shipping FSR

Would order right now but I need to try them on and Oneness is final sale. I heard they run big but I'm not trying to get burnt on these. Will try to find in store tomorrow. I need a code? Joints show up as 170 for me still.

What store is this.. trying to go try them on before I buy.

Ya'll going true to size or half size down on these? I went half size down on my Black/Gold pair

I'm finally posting pictures today after receiving them two days ago on Wednesday.

This is the first time I ever owned a pair of Reebok Answer 1. Although I never had the original version, I know damn well they didn't have cheaply painted gold pods on the midsoles. It's a damn shame this 2022 version with an inflated price has paint for the gold pods instead of actual materials. They had to be cheap MFs with rehashing these. :emoji_angry:🙄

Despite being pissed off with the painted gold pods on these, I'm still glad I got them because I got a damn good deal. And I needed a pair of these to wear with a particular jersey I already have.
IMG_6339.JPG
IMG_6340.JPG
IMG_6341.JPG
IMG_6342.JPG
IMG_6343.JPG
IMG_6344.JPG

Y’all these are TERRIBLE compared to the OG. I don’t know if these review videos are from users who never had the OG or they are just excited to get their hands on a half *** version. I saw them today in JD and I immediately thought they were flea market knockoffs. Barely any glitter in a not-so translucent outsole, the gold pods on the outsole are solid & not translucent, the black/gold checkered pattern material wrapped around the heel is dull and matte looking and the red “patent” is like cheap shiny pleather. I’m probably leaving out other details that I’ve chosen to forget about. I wouldn’t even do $100 on these, especially when you compared them to the 2008 and 2013 black/gold retro (those are the only ones I had of the recent retros).

We complain about Jordan brand & Nike retros being inferior but Reebok takes the cake on this. I literally thought I was holding a fake shoe.

I'm hoping I will be able to finally wear this hat and jersey before this summer ends because I finally got these shoes last week. I've had the jersey since 2018, I just never had the right shoes to wear with them. Having this jersey was definitely the reason for me to get these shoes.
IMG_6346.JPG

It's questionable for myself if I will wear these with the black jersey despite Allen Iverson wearing them together that 1997-98 NBA season. I prefer the better match with white shoes and a white jersey.
IMG_6348.JPG

Back
Top Bottom