@@@ REEBOK @@@ SHAQ ATTACKS @@@

I remember how much I loved my OG pair. First pair of sneakers that didn't come from Payless/Kmart/Woolco. The thought of being able to relive part of 7th grade for $80 has been staring at me all week.

Word. Bouta' pull the trigger on the $80 shipped deal...

I remember how much I loved my OG pair. First pair of sneakers that didn't come from Payless/Kmart/Woolco. The thought of being able to relive part of 7th grade for $80 has been staring at me all week.

Not firing shots at you guys, but I'm just curious if you both purchase Nike or JB inline product (not clearance). If so are you both able to pay less than $100 for whatever it is?

I'm asking because $80 is a pretty damn good price for these kicks - they are mad comfy and the Pump tech around the ankles is insane.

Not firing shots at you guys, but I'm just curious if you both purchase Nike or JB inline product (not clearance). If so are you both able to pay less than $100 for whatever it is?

I'm asking because $80 is a pretty damn good price for these kicks - they are mad comfy and the Pump tech around the ankles is insane.

I agree, if you're going to put some wear into them $80 is a great price for this classic. Heck even moderate wear would be worth it. But I'm primarily a runners kind of guy these days, so to spend $80 on runners isn't a big deal. But $80 for ball shoes that I'm probably only going to wear on the off chance I play bball and/or am feeling nostalgic. Chances are these are going to sit on my shoe shelf.

Edit: If I wasn't a family man and had to be persnickety with my sneaker purchases, I'd pick these up in a heart beat. Even if they were going to sit.

Last edited:
I think you can

80 is a good price but judging from past reebok releases they can go lower.

The rail and k1 are classics but we seen how low they went. The blast will probably go that low as well

And we really cannot compare reebok retros to jordan retros because we never get a chance to buy jordan retros for low prices anymore.

Comfort and quality in a retro is a major plus but we all know why we buy these retros. Nostalgia

Last edited:
I have to agree with the technology incorporated in the lV's $80 is a great deal, I hope the price will never reach Kamikaze l and Rail levels, or soon we can kiss the Reebok retros good buy, and with the new JB prices I don't see where we can go after that. 

I have to agree with the technology incorporated in the lV's $80 is a great deal, I hope the price will never reach Kamikaze l and Rail levels, or soon we can kiss the Reebok retros good buy, and with the new JB prices I don't see where we can go after that. 
Only a couple or a few JB retros will be "remastered" every so often from what I understand.  They need to have that remastered tag.  Correct me if I am wrong.

Well the thing is, the regular retros will be $185 and the "remastered" stuff will be above $200, so I am out.

I think you can

80 is a good price but judging from past reebok releases they can go lower.

The rail and k1 are classics but we seen how low they went. The blast will probably go that low as well

And we really cannot compare reebok retros to jordan retros because we never get a chance to buy jordan retros for low prices anymore.

Comfort and quality in a retro is a major plus but we all know why we buy these retros. Nostalgia

NK, I think most savvy consumers (with the exception of Nike/JB sycophants) are looking for the best possible price that they can purchase a product at. With a US MSRP of $140 the retailers are probably purchasing them from Reebok at $60-$70. There's not a lot of margin to be made and as a result the retailer may not want to stock the product again.

I hate to say it but it feels like the Reebok retro movement has severely lost momentum and OG colourways aren't moving numbers either. trent brings up a good point about there being a sweet spot to grab pairs at, else we may not get pairs at all.

The Attaq I save for the White/Black and the collab has had to be blown out at $40-$50 - I can all but guarantee you that the retailers took a loss on those pairs. The Attaq IV may not fair any better and as a result we may not get the Dunk Mob or Preacher.

To expand on some of the blow out Reebok talk...I own the OG Attaq, almost every other Attaq minus the Blue Chips, Kamikaze's and some Questions. Some were purchased full retail others on disco. Plus there are a few OG Pump collabs I'm looking to pick up. That being said I was in Foot Locker/HoH in Garden State Plaza, Paramus, NJ on Saturday. They have already stopped carrying Men's size Reebok. And they had everything. Retro's the classic pairs, etc. kinda bumbed cuz I would cop from there with VIP coupons on the regular. Champs, FTA, and FNL in said mall still carry Reebok, but it was not a great sign.

I have the exact same experience, went to a few HOH's and FTL's and they had to bring me pairs from the warehouse in the back, nothing was on display, it really made me sad and not only for the brand, but for the kids that were there looking to buy the next super colorful and plastic KD/Bron/J's (insert any new "modern" model here), now I am 37 years old and I have been in to kicks since 1990, at the moment I probably have at leset 80 pairs of Reebok and bout the same number Nike/JB, keep in mind before few years Reebok were absolutely absent from the retro market, and I am proud to say I do not owe or plan to buy any KD/Kobe/Bron model, new or old one. 

Back to Reebok, no meter how much a few of us care about the brand, if the owners and the management don't care, its pretty much game over, they just going to throw at us a few sloppy retros every year, than some more funny colorways of the same shoe, release again and again the Question and call it a day and very soon someone in Adidas will look at the numbers and just cut the whole thing off for the next 10-20 years, or whatever time it will take for the retro's to make a comeback. 

I said that many times before, with lack of management, proper marketing and connection with the end customer, not to mention real passion by the owners, there will be no Reebok retros.  

My local footlockers havent carried reebok retros in years

I believe shoepalace sheikhs and finishline are the only ones that do here

NK, Footlocker Canada is a little better - they actually display the Reebok product at the front of the store but they keep the actual shoes on the rear-most display shelves. Champs Canada is worse, they just stick their non Nike/JB product at the rear and don't even flag what's new. Reebok Canada is already scaling down on what they are bringing up North so I'm preparing myself to pay customs and brokerage on US imports.

I was working for Nike around the time that Adidas purchased Reebok and I was happy that it went down that way because Nike had more or less sucked the life out of Converse & Cole Haan at that time. I thought Adidas would actually do something useful with Reebok but sadly this is not the case.

Dc30, trent - I just can't fathom why Adibok does not give out free pairs like Nike/JB and let social media do the rest. Why do they continue to pay endorsers that don't actually promote the product (Jay-Z & the 'S.Carter' line, MMG who wear JB product all the time and now Kanye)? I see some of these new (garbage) rappers sporting retro JB product from '05-'06 which means that they are prepared to pay $250+ for 'em. Why not give them a free pair and take a chance on them being seen in it?

In any case I was really hoping for the ICE catalog to make a comeback but the way things are trending it seems unlikely. As trent said we'll have to make do with clown colored Kami II & Question retros.

Yea you would think adidas would want their company to flourish but nope. Man i havent seen a reebok retro commercial since the shaqnosis. They need to let people know their product is out there

Or atleast some online ads

I think one of Reebok's biggest issues is that they release a lot of ridiculous colorways that are destined to sit on the shelf. There's been plenty of releases that even on deep discount I can't get myself to pull the trigger because they are just too much going on for my taste.

All of the above is so true, and like my brother @vood99 is saying, simply mimicking the JB/Nike, will definitely pay off, send free samples to everyone, every so called "influncer" on YT and get the ball rolling, fly some people over to their headquarters, do some fun events, tell some history. Not that hard or expensive I think. 

Yeah definitely, marketing is key. I was excited when Shaq came back home to Reebok. I was expecting a big push from the company, but I feel like they kinda fell flat. It's a shame because their retros are such a steal for the money and quality. I've been a JB/Nike guy for a long time and just got tired of getting beat on release days and times when I was actually able to grab a pair being disappointed at the less then stellar quality of the shoe.

Reebok needs to get their ACT together and get a serious media campaign going!

All of the above is so true, and like my brother @vood99 is saying, simply mimicking the JB/Nike, will definitely pay off, send free samples to everyone, every so called "influncer" on YT and get the ball rolling, fly some people over to their headquarters, do some fun events, tell some history. Not that hard or expensive I think. 

Trent, there was some launch event for the Kami I in NY either late last year or early this year that featured some hipsters and posers who looked like they owned ZERO Reebok product. The whole event looked like some 'artsy-fartsy' gathering vs. a launch of a retro basketball product. The 'Barbershop' ads are just flat out lame - I wonder if they've received any feedback on those ads from the consumer.

Imitation is the sincerest form of flattery so why not copy the brand leader? And the product is actually quite good in terms of comfort and durability. The NBA athletes who aren't officially signed to an endorser should be getting free AdiBok pairs at least twice a month. Hell, I can tell you that none of the Toronto Raptor athletes have been signed by JB yet all they wear on court are lousy JB retros. Why? Because their Nike/JB contact ensures that they get their drop shipments on the regular.

@makeemclap82, we can all agree that Adibok retro+ colourways are pure garbage and rightfully deserve to be blown out, but the problem right now is that the OG colourways aren't moving either.

Contrast this year with last year, when you had Jay-Z, Rihanna, etc... rocking the 'Sonics' Kami II. Has anyone other than the Reignman been spotted wearing the Kami I?

Exactly right, seems like they started well with the hype train and than just let it go and stopped caring about it, not to mention that they made super limited their best and most anticipated kicks last year, who does that, definitely not a company that is trying to make a comeback. 

But again, we all beating up the dead horse here, they dont care what do we think at all. 

Last edited:
Yeah, I don't understand why they made the Shaq attaq OG so limited and then flood the market with all these other crazy colors. The OG's are one of my all time favorites. I remember them releasing as a kid.

They did this all backwards they made the OG Shaq Attaq limited and the new colorways were not. It should have been the other way around. The same happen with the Kamikaze 2 OG ''Sonics'' colorway. From their part it was a dumb move to pull, both of these kicks in their OG colorways are historical cause the players actually played in these colorways they did not wear the new ones they made. I'm not saying that i don't like some new colorways they did cause i do but there's nothing like having a real piece of history on your feet. You only could get that feeling with the actual OG colorways.

Back
Top Bottom