Reggie Miller is not a first ballot Hall of Famer

Well there goes the debate.....he didn't even make the final cut....damn.
http://www.nytimes.com/2011/02/18/sports/basketball/18hall.html?src=twrhp

When the Naismith Memorial Basketball Hall of Fame announces its finalists for the class of 2011 on Friday, one name will be conspicuous in its absence: that of Reggie Miller, the former Indiana Pacerssharpshooter, who is in his first year of eligibility.

Miller, 45, who retired in 2005 and will be in Los Angeles this weekend as an analyst for TNT during All-Star weekend, was not on the Hall of Fame’s list, according to a person who was made aware that Miller had not been chosen and who asked for anonymity because the results had not been made public.

Told that Miller was not among the finalists, Donnie Walsh, the Knicks’ president but a Pacers executive when Miller played, said he was surprised.

“I just know this, if he’s not a Hall of Fame guy, I don’t know who is,

Well there goes the debate.....he didn't even make the final cut....damn.
http://www.nytimes.com/2011/02/18/sports/basketball/18hall.html?src=twrhp

When the Naismith Memorial Basketball Hall of Fame announces its finalists for the class of 2011 on Friday, one name will be conspicuous in its absence: that of Reggie Miller, the former Indiana Pacerssharpshooter, who is in his first year of eligibility.

Miller, 45, who retired in 2005 and will be in Los Angeles this weekend as an analyst for TNT during All-Star weekend, was not on the Hall of Fame’s list, according to a person who was made aware that Miller had not been chosen and who asked for anonymity because the results had not been made public.

Told that Miller was not among the finalists, Donnie Walsh, the Knicks’ president but a Pacers executive when Miller played, said he was surprised.

“I just know this, if he’s not a Hall of Fame guy, I don’t know who is,

indifferent.gif
30t6p3b.gif

pimp.gif

I wish it was stricter. Dude would be a borderline HOFer if I ruled the world (probably in).

pimp.gif

I wish it was stricter. Dude would be a borderline HOFer if I ruled the world (probably in).

i posted this in the nba thread aswell

i dunno but id put bernard king(voted alternate 60 greatest nba players: the 10 players who just missed the 50 greatest of all time), Jimmy V, don nelson and bill fitch (on the list of top 10 greatest nba coaches), rudy t, spencer haywood(aba mvp and rookie of year, nba all star 4 time and nba champion), dennis rodman(no explanation needed), **** bavetta(ref who never missed a game since 1975), jamaal wilkes(nba rookie of the year, 4 time nba champ and 2 time ncaa champ who set record at ucla for 88 straight wins), maurice cheeks(named 1 of 30 greatest aba players and on one of the top 10 nba teams of all time list...and i could go on.

just because reggie miller was a childhood hero of many here as we saw him play, the other people on the list should not be forgotten. its not as terrible as you guys think...

i posted this in the nba thread aswell

i dunno but id put bernard king(voted alternate 60 greatest nba players: the 10 players who just missed the 50 greatest of all time), Jimmy V, don nelson and bill fitch (on the list of top 10 greatest nba coaches), rudy t, spencer haywood(aba mvp and rookie of year, nba all star 4 time and nba champion), dennis rodman(no explanation needed), **** bavetta(ref who never missed a game since 1975), jamaal wilkes(nba rookie of the year, 4 time nba champ and 2 time ncaa champ who set record at ucla for 88 straight wins), maurice cheeks(named 1 of 30 greatest aba players and on one of the top 10 nba teams of all time list...and i could go on.

just because reggie miller was a childhood hero of many here as we saw him play, the other people on the list should not be forgotten. its not as terrible as you guys think...

sounds like the same clowns who are super anal when it comes to what defines a mlb hall of famer are able to cast votes for the basketball hall of fame as well smh

sounds like the same clowns who are super anal when it comes to what defines a mlb hall of famer are able to cast votes for the basketball hall of fame as well smh

Back
Top Bottom