Relationship Topic: "Baby...I Don't Wanna Hear About That Right Now"

Do you think that a relationship is sound if there are certain topics you can't discuss with your partner? I mean in a sense of your girl could be going onand on and on about something that she is passionate about and you are just like "baby...I don't wanna hear about that $%!@ right now
ohwell.gif
" And I use that smiley face instead of this one "
grin.gif
"or this one"
indifferent.gif
" because you deep down respect their beliefs, but you honestly justaren't there with them on that particular subject. And it somewhat bothers you that it's something youcan't be more open towards and want to discuss.

Now, we are not talking about superficial things like your love for a certain TV show, or how you don't approve of guys who wear skinny jeans, I'mtalkin' about major things. Like, you are an avid animal rights activist and that is something that is near dear to your heart and you incorporate it intoyour lifestye.......but your girl really could care less---could you be with someone like that? Or you are really into religion....could you date someone whowasn't on it like that? (this one especially) You always on some "thus said the Lord" and she is like "yea...uh uh.....that'scool" and is honestly just waiting for you to be done so you could move on to the next subject. Politics, world views, philosohpical views, racial/ethnicpride, etc.

Is it safe to build a relationship on that kinda rocky foundation? Given that everything else is a-ok, but it's just that ONE thing that ya'll reallycan't come together on.

Because my girl listens to everything I talk about whether she's into or not, I do the same. Just listen and give your best advice or input.

If everything is else is a-ok and like you said they respect the partner's stance on whatever the subject is although they may not feel the same way, thenyes I think it's ok/safe to build a relationship together. (Religion may be a big issue that I could see that might be a hindrance though).

But even with religion I think it could be worked out. Respect for each others beliefs (or lack thereof) and tolerance for their practices. And also coming upwith a plan/compromise for what will be done on religious holidays/occasions, how you would raise children, etc..

If the person really cares they listen or atleast try to hear em out.

even when the topic is boring, ill admit i dosed off and ask for a repeat.

varies on the person I guess..

i'm honest

i've had gf's who talk about the dumbest %!@$

i have gotten up and walked away in the middle of convos. i remember one girl i dated started wondering aloud if golf carts had wheels
indifferent.gif
indifferent.gif
indifferent.gif

i was not about to participate in that.

Religion can be a huge problem. Funny because Christianity is supposed to bring people together, yet they always want to push you away--even when you'retrying to be understanding and respectful about it!

I swear. It seems like there's always something to argue about, and half the time it doesn't even exist.

Everybody is going to have their differences. As long as we both respect them then it shouldn't be an issue. Its only a problem if you let it be.

Originally Posted by Joseph Camel Jr

i have gotten up and walked away in the middle of convos. i remember one girl i dated started wondering aloud if golf carts had wheels
indifferent.gif
indifferent.gif
indifferent.gif
I cant hold conversations with ditsy boards for the life of me.

they get one word responses.

ya'll are missin' it tho....I'm not talkin' about "ditsy" convos about trivial matters.

This is about something passionate to one's very being almost---you know??

Originally Posted by I Drink Your Milkshake

This is about something passionate to one's very being almost---you know??
yeah. like i said before, if the other party really care for the individual, she or he should be all ears.

Originally Posted by Whateversclever

lol Just pretend your listening....

laugh.gif
that truly helps avoid problems, til later down the line when theybring up stuff and you have no clue what they said and they get mad cuz they realize you werent listening to begining with.

I've been in this situation plenty of times with different girlfriends. I may not really want to hear what they're talkin' about, but I'lllisten and give my best input. I'm not that selfish to disregard what they believe in.

If I had somethin' to say or if I had to vent, and a girl cut me off sayin' somethin' like, "Come on, I don't want to hear that rightnow..." then it's either she's gettin' kicked out of the house, I'm leavin', or I'm hangin' up. I won't take that.

Originally Posted by Russ tha G

Religion can be a huge problem. Funny because Christianity is supposed to bring people together, yet they always want to push you away--even when you're trying to be understanding and respectful about it!

I swear. It seems like there's always something to argue about, and half the time it doesn't even exist.

Let's not generalize kthx

Man, you's can't be all agreeing on absolutely everything for a relationship to work. Just listen, you don't have to get all mega enthusiasticabout something you're clearly not even into. As far as whining about something to your lady/man, if it's something you complain about often, give it adamn rest. People get sick of listening to that &%#@! And will secretly resent you for it.

It pays to keep some things to yourself.

Originally Posted by DayDayz e36

If the person really cares they listen or atleast try to hear em out.

even when the topic is boring, ill admit i dosed off and ask for a repeat.

varies on the person I guess..
laugh.gif

Spoiler [+]
Co-Sign

Originally Posted by retr0sxual

I will not get into religion, politics, or the environment with a chick.
so even if she was cool as #%$%....but politics was really important with her and she wanted to discuss it, you'd dead the relationship? Orwould you tell her upfront "we can't discuss politics...."

?

Back
Top Bottom