Relocating To A New City

Hey Fellas,

I just got a job offer in Los Angeles, so I'll be moving there this summer or whenever this return to (somewhat) normal. This came to fruition pretty fast and I'm excited to start a new chapter. Any tips would be helpful.

Hey Fellas,

I just got a job offer in Los Angeles, so I'll be moving there this summer or whenever this return to (somewhat) normal. This came to fruition pretty fast and I'm excited to start a new chapter. Any tips would be helpful.

Live on the west side -Santa Monica if you can. I’m here to help.

Where should I be looking to live if I work in SM? So far I have SM, Venice and Culver City on my radar. I'm trying to keep my commute no more than 30 minutes.

Matters what you have to spend - I was there for 3 years and own in SM. Wouldn’t do Venice, could go south to MDR or Brentwood is great.

What range are you looking and are you young and single etc?

Matters what you have to spend - I was there for 3 years and own in SM. Wouldn’t do Venice, could go south to MDR or Brentwood is great.

What range are you looking and are you young and single etc?
Early 20's and single. Looking at no more than 1800 a month for a one bed or studio.

Don’t think you will find anything in SM - look at Culver City

bendover bendover can help with CC

My career is a catch 22 kinda. I am initially working in SM, but my job site can switch to anywhere in LA at any moment. Do you think its better to get something on the westside or perhaps something more "central" to everything in LA (I know this is nearly impossible, but there may be areas of LA that give me more flexibility).

Also whats the general range for SM?

My career is a catch 22 kinda. I am initially working in SM, but my job site can switch to anywhere in LA at any moment. Do you think its better to get something on the westside or perhaps something more "central" to everything in LA (I know this is nearly impossible, but there may be areas of LA that give me more flexibility).

Also whats the general range for SM?

I rent my 2 bedroom for 4,800

I would stay west side -could do WeHo if you want to be more central BUT you will be going out west side generally.

It takes me an hour to get the the area between Mid-City/K-Town during rush hour from Santa Monica prequarantine

im in nj right now and really just want a change of pace...been trying to move within my company to a different location for 2020 and it was my goal until the corona virus hit smh... interviewed with the parent company so that owns us... its a different industry and potentially id make more money... i interviewed for philly and didnt get it and interviewed for chicago in march and had a good interview... the problem is my company has a hiring freeze since the economy sucks right now so i didnt hear back from them... i told my boss im trying go to a different location and was pretty honest so it wouldnt seem like im applying behind their back... well see what happens

im in nj right now and really just want a change of pace...been trying to move within my company to a different location for 2020 and it was my goal until the corona virus hit smh... interviewed with the parent company so that owns us... its a different industry and potentially id make more money... i interviewed for philly and didnt get it and interviewed for chicago in march and had a good interview... the problem is my company has a hiring freeze since the economy sucks right now so i didnt hear back from them... i told my boss im trying go to a different location and was pretty honest so it wouldnt seem like im applying behind their back... well see what happens

Which cities do you prefer to be moved to?

^ well i really want to go to the cities im familiar with... philly and chicago because i visited those two and enjoyed it and cost of living is reasonable... maybe miami also because the weather is nice but i feel like i would get tired of florida quick lol... i could be wrong...i wouldnt mind LA or the bay area or hawaii but the cost of living is unrealistic...my parent company is located in houston so the corporate office is there and i would have a lot of opportunities there... i never visited texas so i dont know how it would be... cost of living though sounds reasonable... i would have to visit there first before considering it... also thought about georgia too but again i would have to visit there too

^ well i really want to go to the cities im familiar with... philly and chicago because i visited those two and enjoyed it and cost of living is reasonable... maybe miami also because the weather is nice but i feel like i would get tired of florida quick lol... i could be wrong...i wouldnt mind LA or the bay area or hawaii but the cost of living is unrealistic...my parent company is located in houston so the corporate office is there and i would have a lot of opportunities there... i never visited texas so i dont know how it would be... cost of living though sounds reasonable... i would have to visit there first before considering it... also thought about georgia too but again i would have to visit there too

I had Miami in my sights as well. I took a trip there right before all this stuff started and while its a nice place to visit, I dont think I can live there long term.

If those other cities are the options then the cost of living in Houston is way more than reasonable.

If those other cities are the options then the cost of living in Houston is way more than reasonable.

Houston and Phoenix are the two big cities that you can still find a reasonable COL, but you have to really visit to make sure they're for you. Miami is right there too with COL compared to other big cities.

Houston and Phoenix are the two big cities that you can still find a reasonable COL, but you have to really visit to make sure they're for you. Miami is right there too with COL compared to other big cities.
Agreed but tbh Miami isn’t a big city

^ another city i enjoyed while visiting and would consider is DC... but dont know how the cost of living is there

you go boy you go boy if cost of living is a factor then Houston, GA (if it’s ATL area), and a stretch in Philly would be your best bet...But remember Tx and GA are red southern states so it’ gon be some culture shock and weird rules/laws compared to where you from...I wouldn’t do Chi cuz it can be expensive and the weather is trash most of the year , MIA would be a no cuz South Beach is just for visiting and the rest of the city is true Florida man type crazy ****, and the rest of the places you talking cost way too much unless you really ballin

If you really wanna move the best combo of costs x quality of city right now would be Houston, Charlotte, Orlando/Tampa, Vegas, Philly, and VA (Richmond or 757)

Hey Fellas,

Congrats!
If your driving into Santa Monica it would take about 30 minutes to get 5-6 miles during rush hour. I’d recommend Westwood, Marina del Rey, Sawtelle Area.
Could find a studio for about $1500.
If you go into Culver City your most likely looking at a 45 minute commute.

Back
Top Bottom