Remastered Program So Far. What next?

Aquamanjay_

formerly jaylaw15
Here’s a look at every OG colorway, OG unreleased Sample, and OG Player Exclusive released since 2015.
9 AJ 1s
2 AJKOs
2 1 lows
1 2 low
2 OG 3s
1 OG 4(with another coming)
1 OG 5and 2 OG Samples (Satin 5 missing)
2 OG 6s
2 OG 7s
1 OG 8
1 OG 9
3 OG 10s including a PE
1 OG 11 and 1 PE 11
3 ie lows including two sample/PEs
1 OGg 12
3 OG 13s and 2 OG 13 lows
3 OG 14s and 1 14 low
2 OG 15s, 1 OG 16, and 1 OG 17
2 OG 18s, 1 OG 19, and 1 OG 20
0776E40F-80C1-42CE-95DA-1FB2878FD54B.jpeg
F53CBD4F-542C-4E5F-A4D9-B38E430E4804.jpeg
253C83C9-56C9-40BF-A418-37A620942AB3.jpeg
859A2203-5C48-4A72-85F6-D87F78CD6033.jpeg
8124E5C4-9C90-494C-B1E1-0548CFF19954.jpeg
94204BC7-1A22-45D0-AF48-DFC0CD8771AF.jpeg
46445CF1-308F-485C-B714-82977E54A32A.jpeg
9C908F64-6880-4453-8AF4-19C08E0FCAF2.jpeg

CA1AC75C-5D37-41EC-A57C-E80F3DDBB442.jpeg

7BB53A64-41A3-45A3-B85B-D3629C758BE9.jpeg

The Black Cement 4 and Bred 11 are scheduled for this year. With Gentry back, who knows what’s next. I’ve heard that he hasn’t changed, and isn’t 100% supportive of how many OGs have dropped. I’m not fear fear mongering, but we know that Gentry being back overseeing retros could impact the future. He likes to “protect the OG mystique”, and is a fan of exclusivity.

The remaster program turned out to be a marketing ploy more than anything else. They promised to make damn replications of OG models and instead they just to the abyssal down trajectory the quality of retros were on. Gentry help turned JB to ****, but while he was ****ing up NSW, JB continued the nonsense. So I who knows where they go from here.

They will keep increasing the prices, keep mixing a few hyped released with nonsense, they will lie to people's faces, and people will defend them regardless. Gentry or no Gentry, it will be business as usually generally.

Remastered or not, we’re getting to the point of recycling some of the shoes we’ve had that were poor quality (Black/Cement 4’s) & now back with improved quality. Once that era ends there’s only so many times you can go out and cop those same shoes. Will be calling it a career on kicks soon, every year my shoe buying dwindles down.

Last edited:
They NEED to give the Playoff low 13 pe correctly. None of this red liner/gold jumpman bs. That has to happen.

I included everything from unreleased samples, PEs, etc.
Those black red lows were awful. There has been one pic of MJ wearing that style. The black liner version was a true pe during the 96 finals. To qualify the red liner low as a "remaster" lowers the standards greatly.

At this point, the cdp 5 would qualify then.

Those black red lows were awful. There has been one pic of MJ wearing that style. The black liner version was a true pe during the 96 finals. To qualify the red liner low as a "remaster" lowers the standards greatly.

At this point, the cdp 5 would qualify then.
Lol, I included any retro from 2015-now that was made after a pre existing sneaker from 1985-2005. Including everything no matter if it wasn’t good quality, or missed this or that detail.

Lol, I included any retro from 2015-now that was made after a pre existing sneaker from 1985-2005. Including everything no matter if it wasn’t good quality, or missed this or that detail.
LOL, The black red XI low release was still not a remaster. Nothing at all about that release was an attempt to recreate an original look at all. Thats all I am saying.

Anyway, great thread though. They need to remaster 7, 8, 9 playoff versions also.

Last edited:
LOL, The black red XI low release was still not a remaster. Nothing at all about that release was an attempt to recreate an original look at all. Thats all I am saying.

Anyway, great thread though. They need to remaster 7, 8, 9 playoff versions also.
We need at least one OG 2. Need more 7-10 too. As popular as the 12 has been, they’ve only remastered one OG.

I really dont know what they could do that much different to the taxi besides the shape and the bumps being more evident on the upper. The Playoff also along with changing the JORDAN on the back from red back to white. The Jumpman also on the front of the outsole needs to go black again. The shape between the Black red 12 and the last retro of the Taxi is not all that different. To me anyways.

White red 12s.. They need to quit playing around and go ahead with those soon.

Well. Maybe if Gent actually talked one time to some REAL og collectors he would have known it would have been the best thing for him to ever do.

This. Most og collectors or owners would disagree with his views. I used to be an og collector but sold them all off just cause I prefer to wear all my shoes and can’t justify spending hundreds of dollars for them to just sit in the box.

I’ve owned almost every og from the 6 all the way up to the 23 at some point.

Why do you have to tell me the shoes will be better quality? They should ALL be quality products. I quit buying Nike retro becuase it’s trash. “Remastered!!!” Meaning the other stuff is trash? Lol cmon

This. Most og collectors or owners would disagree with his views. I used to be an og collector but sold them all off just cause I prefer to wear all my shoes and can’t justify spending hundreds of dollars for them to just sit in the box.

I’ve owned almost every og from the 6 all the way up to the 23 at some point.
As did I but luckily sold them while they were going for top dollar. I’m sure they’re all unwearable now or worse.

Gentry won’t get in the way of Nike’s overall business plan which is to increase profit and they’re overachieving sales predictions thanks in part to retro Jordan’s. The minute box prices hit $200 and were still selling out in seconds was the end of Gentry’s ideas of butchering OG colorways holding meaningful weight. I’m sure he’ll still have a say in retro + colorways and any commemorative special occasion drops or whatever stupid things but OG details are here to stay. Any corners that have been cut in the remastered series of drops were all in an attempt to minimize production cost but in about 3-4 years when retros are $250+ we’ll be getting 1:1 replicas of OG’s. Willing to wait another 4 years for OG Chicago 2’s if that means they’ll be made in Italy.

Gentry won’t get in the way of Nike’s overall business plan which is to increase profit and they’re overachieving sales predictions thanks in part to retro Jordan’s. The minute box prices hit $200 and were still selling out in seconds was the end of Gentry’s ideas of butchering OG colorways holding meaningful weight. I’m sure he’ll still have a say in retro + colorways and any commemorative special occasion drops or whatever stupid things but OG details are here to stay. Any corners that have been cut in the remastered series of drops were all in an attempt to minimize production cost but in about 3-4 years when retros are $250+ we’ll be getting 1:1 replicas of OG’s. Willing to wait another 4 years for OG Chicago 2’s if that means they’ll be made in Italy.
“Made in Italy” would be the ultimate gimmick, just put a factory in Italy, use the same materials, and let people believe that Italy has some sort of unicorn cow and a workforce with superior knowledge at pressing the buttons to the automated stitching assembly line (because they still won’t be handmade).

Great thread and work AuqamanJay. I sold every Jordan I owned in the early 2010s and the “remaster” program brought me back.

I only buy OG base model colors up to 18 and the only PEs I own are both the 45 11s. That said I don’t include the Chicago 10 amongst them. No Nike Air on the insole, wrong facing Jumpman and the 45 stitch were all a no go for me.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom