Rent Forever, Don’t Buy A Home

^^^ Nice come back thanks for the in depth analysis
oh yea before i forget:
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

This whole debate really depends on your lifestyle. If you are young and can find a good deal on a rental property why not rent. Owning anything at a young age is very restrictive especially when you are unsure how you want to live. I dont even see myself buying a car anytime soon.

This whole debate really depends on your lifestyle. If you are young and can find a good deal on a rental property why not rent. Owning anything at a young age is very restrictive especially when you are unsure how you want to live. I dont even see myself buying a car anytime soon.

Originally Posted by jordanhendrix

Originally Posted by tim teufel

my mom bought a 2 fam in woodhaven queens for 218k back in 97 mortgage is fully paid off today and even in these tough times the house is worth at least 550. in its prime it was worth 800k. the houses and forclosures today will allow a buyer a great deal if they jump on it.you can never convince me that renting is better than owning if you are a smart individual. i have been in the mortgage bizz for over ten years so i know whats up. 

renting is never "better" than owning, the idea is that what you can do with the extra money from renting cheap.....IE invest it in better vehicles.....your in the mortgage industry you know that there are other investments right? What the hell is so hard to understand. Yes having a tangible asset is better than not, I'm not saying rent forever....rent until you can buy a house in cash. Rent so you can put that money to better work than a house....damn you dense sometimes
217k to 550k is a 333k profit in ~14 years....it took your mom ~14 years to see a 153% return.....could have made more somewhere else....its 11% per year return. And NYC is a GREAT market.....so that 11% is no where near most areas. Get IT?

I know you wont care about the following: I am up 169% on one stock THIS YEAR, that 4 months. Any "smart individual" would ask you to look up the term opportunity cost.
laugh.gif

this has to be the dumbest break down in history. yeah could have made more money somewhere else like where? where have u been blessed with making g's? would love to hear this

my mom bought a 2 fam in woodhaven queens for 218k back in 97 mortgage is fully paid off today and even in these tough times the house is worth at least 550. in its prime it was worth 800k. the houses and forclosures today will allow a buyer a great deal if they jump on it.you can never convince me that renting is better than owning if you are a smart individual. i have been in the mortgage bizz for over ten years so i know whats up. 

renting is never "better" than owning, the idea is that what you can do with the extra money from renting cheap.....IE invest it in better vehicles.....your in the mortgage industry you know that there are other investments right? What the hell is so hard to understand. Yes having a tangible asset is better than not, I'm not saying rent forever....rent until you can buy a house in cash. Rent so you can put that money to better work than a house....damn you dense sometimes
217k to 550k is a 333k profit in ~14 years....it took your mom ~14 years to see a 153% return.....could have made more somewhere else....its 11% per year return. And NYC is a GREAT market.....so that 11% is no where near most areas. Get IT?

I know you wont care about the following: I am up 169% on one stock THIS YEAR, that 4 months. Any "smart individual" would ask you to look up the term opportunity cost.
laugh.gif

this has to be the dumbest break down in history. yeah could have made more money somewhere else like where? where have u been blessed with making g's? would love to hear this

oh yea before i forget:
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
I mean, your post was like the most moronic thing in this thread. Thats as in-depth of an analysis that one can give.

oh yea before i forget:
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
I mean, your post was like the most moronic thing in this thread. Thats as in-depth of an analysis that one can give.

^^^ Thank you! NT read one thing and drives it into the ground lol.

Sometimes I forget that on the other end of this prob some 18 year old with no savings.

Sometimes I forget that on the other end of this prob some 18 year old with no savings.

Ownership over renting IMO.
Financial Freedom is the real return on your investment, not what the housing market says that your property is worth.

Financial Freedom is the real return on your investment, not what the housing market says that your property is worth.

Originally Posted by Supermanblue79

I dont really see a 40 yr mortgage equaling financial freedom ESPECIALLY to someone young (which most of us are). Like I said in my earlier post it is a situation by situation thing.

Originally Posted by Supermanblue79

I dont really see a 40 yr mortgage equaling financial freedom ESPECIALLY to someone young (which most of us are). Like I said in my earlier post it is a situation by situation thing.

so no feedfback on what has made you the successful person you claim to be? exactly what i thought sit in the corner

so no feedfback on what has made you the successful person you claim to be? exactly what i thought sit in the corner

I think most of us are on 30 yr mortgages. I pay mine as if it was a 15 yr when I can. Make 169% on penny stocks all you want. I'll take the long term appreciation and make sure my kids are taken care.

I think most of us are on 30 yr mortgages. I pay mine as if it was a 15 yr when I can. Make 169% on penny stocks all you want. I'll take the long term appreciation and make sure my kids are taken care.

Please show where I brag about being a successful person.... Reaching
laugh.gif
roll.gif

You mad cause your argument is getting squashed left and right
indifferent.gif

Please show where I brag about being a successful person.... Reaching
laugh.gif
roll.gif

You mad cause your argument is getting squashed left and right
indifferent.gif

Originally Posted by UnbornSeed

How old are you btw? I just dont see how it makes any sense for anyone who is not ready to settle down to own a home. Especially with how many ways their are to make money in America I just dont see owning a home as being that great of an investment for a young person. It really limits your options in life and there are so many things that can happen when owning a home that you are liable for it should really only be reserved for those who are 100% ready for that leap (which it is a leap not a step).

How old are you btw? I just dont see how it makes any sense for anyone who is not ready to settle down to own a home. Especially with how many ways their are to make money in America I just dont see owning a home as being that great of an investment for a young person. It really limits your options in life and there are so many things that can happen when owning a home that you are liable for it should really only be reserved for those who are 100% ready for that leap (which it is a leap not a step).

No penny stocks here bra
727151e2ca983f668b720422fc21d4220acd72f.png

No penny stocks here bra

No penny stocks here bra

ballin.gif

I kid. I see you spread out there though
pimp.gif

No penny stocks here bra

ballin.gif

I kid. I see you spread out there though
pimp.gif

Back
Top Bottom