Renting Rooms...Easy Hustle?

i dont understand how you would want to live around that many people

Also try to evict one of them and they get tenant rights

that’s what I’m saying. Walk out and be tripping over mattresses. I’m too old to be bro’ing it out like that. I can’t live with 5 other fools.

1_r3MXkFxJbowBZDp5sKVUig.jpeg

What city?

It seems like he is eating but short term leasing is actually illegal even if you own the place, if you are renting it's a super violation and he could get evicted and blow his whole spot up.

I remember the first time I went to NYC and hooped with everyone from NT, in 09, I stayed in an AirBNB owned by Regine Asaba of Cameroon (The Comfort Stay, google her I think it was 122nd st or something). I had booked the entire spot then I got there and she hit me on some sorry my daughter is in town so I gave her the unit you rented, dont report me to AIrbnb though you can stay here in the next door unit for $20 in the living room. It was late and my phone and Asus Netbook were losing charge so I was like f it and gave her 80 for the 4 nights. She was very nice, gave me a chicken and a thing of peanuts and new toiletries. It was just as you described, a curtain hanging behind the living room couch and a bunkbed. I had to get my *** on the top bunk too because the guy who manages all her listings online posting them on all the hostel sites, CL, etc slept on the bottom bunk free in exchange. So sicne I was jus in the front psart of the house, you couldn't tell how big it was, just a living room, a kitchen, a bathroom and a door that apparently went to more rooms. I kept just seeing mother****as coming in there like by the couples, it was mad uncomfortable. I just got up super early so I'd get the bathroom first and took a shower and bounced in the morning, left my chicken and peanuts and 60 more dollars and everything and ended up catching the Newark Hilton connected to the train station for the low.

So I've stayed at one but never done it. it makes sense though to help with your mortgage if you can spare the space and don't mind the strangers and inconvenience aspect. Renting out the kitchen as its own space is doing too much though. Let everyone have their mini fridges and the real kitchen.

There's nowhere that I have been to that I think I want to be in or near that bad that I'd subject myself to living that way. This is almost as bad as those $1500 "pods" in San Francisco iirc or that West St Louis apartment with the kitchen, toilet, living room, bathtub all 1 spot.

how was the run? NT had hoopers? anybody played then still post today?

how was the run? NT had hoopers? anybody played then still post today?
I dont see really any of them post except maybe Henz0 but maybe in the Nike section or different posts. It was fun. Me and P proshares got there earliest so we played 2 on 2 with Los in those LeBron's that were foam[posite and shaped like armadillos and had the ankel strap (8s? would have been 2009) and his hommie in the Jordan 8s (aquas iirc) and beat them before more kats, MJSaver Mez One, SmittyDaDon, Fresh showed up and we ran some 5s. Court was kind of small, one of those where the sideline is like 18 inches from the wall and theres a curtain in the middle and another court. Smitty was nice, dude was **** 6'7 not a lot of pounds but he was killing me hittinf contested shots when I played good d and he Shamgoded me which I had done to other people and never had done to me. Bunch of ither nters were there too, its just been 11 years. Someone uploaded a few clips on YT back then. I had in Sharkleys. We played at Laguardia Community College. Its 5 dollars open gym. They could hoop, just felt like they called softer fouls than I expected and some weird regional rule differences like inbounding from the wing 3pt line

In 2014, I moved from Houston to Chambersburg PA. Rented a room for $500 in a lil house. It was a weird situation, dude was a fat white farmer and always had cute white chicks over. One day we are sitting at the table eating and I ask where he's meeting them because I haven't seen any cute chicks in the small town. He tells me adult friend finder. He pays them to come hang out with him. I lived there from Nov - Jan then moved to DC. I just needed a spot temporally to hold me over until my move to DC.

In 08, I let a coworker live in my living room when he left his girl for another chick. At the time I was working two full time jobs and going to school full time. So, my house was a crash pad. I had one bath room and began to notice female bras and panties in hanging in the bathroom. He confirmed his new girl was staying there and I told him, he can stay but she got to go. They both left and he stopped talking to me.

Last edited:
seems like more of a headache than easy money
Well the job we work at is mandatory OT (10 hr shifts, you can volunteer to work 12). So during the weekdays people would be gone most of the day, and weekends they'd be recuperating. He says it is very quiet.

This is almost as bad as those $1500 "pods" in San Francisco iirc or that West St Louis apartment with the kitchen, toilet, living room, bathtub all 1 spot.
Arent those considered "efficiency" apts in some cities?
$450 for a 1 BR?

Where they do that?
Oops, i meant 450 for a studio apt. 1br in Cincinnati would be between 550-650.
They’re all sharing 1 bathroom?
Well it is described as "1.5 BA". Theres a bathroom as soon as you walk in the front door, but its only a sink and a toilet, the living room guy has his toothpaste, hair gel, and psych meds around the countertop.

Further down the hall between the bedrooms there is a full bathroom with a shower. Very spacious, there is enough space to lay down on the floor infact. I was joking with him, saying he should set up a partition and rent that out after the kitchen.

Many landlords don't want their tenants sub-leasing. Especially if they are not getting a cut. One or maybe even two people and folk might not care, but four people and changing the apartment set-up is major.

Second, you lowkey exposed the fact that dude might be committing fraud.
:lol:
But how would they distinguish between visitors/guests and someone actually living there? I think the only way thru could prove someone was living there is if they were getting packages delivered.

worst part. of renting to potential tenants is you have to. deal with their bs. humans are unpredictable. they have mood swings, they have good days, they have bad days. when they start not paying, you'll be shedding out more money just to evict them. not worth it.

I need ya who live that roommate life to enlighten me on this.

how does it feel To come home from a long days work and your exhausted but when you arrive to your place you cant use the bathroom becuase susan in there doing her hair

And you cant make dinner becuase matthew is cooking cod fish and wild rice with pickle juice

And can sit on the couch becuase billy is making out with his girlfriend who reeks of reggie and BO

so you lay in your full size bed and what? Cry? Ponder selling *** on myrtle ave ? Go down the block to the local “dive” and drink your sorrows away?

In NYC, you have to jump through hoops to evict someone

I thought about buying a crib and renting out the basement. Alot of people do that out here

All my apartments that I've rented state in the lease that sub-leasing is not allowed. Not sure if that's the case with ALL apartments.

I would imagine that people who choose to live like this have little to no other option. Students, low paying job, etc.

What city?

It seems like he is eating but short term leasing is actually illegal even if you own the place, if you are renting it's a super violation and he could get evicted and blow his whole spot up.

I remember the first time I went to NYC and hooped with everyone from NT, in 09, I stayed in an AirBNB owned by Regine Asaba of Cameroon (The Comfort Stay, google her I think it was 122nd st or something). I had booked the entire spot then I got there and she hit me on some sorry my daughter is in town so I gave her the unit you rented, dont report me to AIrbnb though you can stay here in the next door unit for $20 in the living room. It was late and my phone and Asus Netbook were losing charge so I was like f it and gave her 80 for the 4 nights. She was very nice, gave me a chicken and a thing of peanuts and new toiletries. It was just as you described, a curtain hanging behind the living room couch and a bunkbed. I had to get my *** on the top bunk too because the guy who manages all her listings online posting them on all the hostel sites, CL, etc slept on the bottom bunk free in exchange. So sicne I was jus in the front psart of the house, you couldn't tell how big it was, just a living room, a kitchen, a bathroom and a door that apparently went to more rooms. I kept just seeing mother****as coming in there like by the couples, it was mad uncomfortable. I just got up super early so I'd get the bathroom first and took a shower and bounced in the morning, left my chicken and peanuts and 60 more dollars and everything and ended up catching the Newark Hilton connected to the train station for the low.

So I've stayed at one but never done it. it makes sense though to help with your mortgage if you can spare the space and don't mind the strangers and inconvenience aspect. Renting out the kitchen as its own space is doing too much though. Let everyone have their mini fridges and the real kitchen.

There's nowhere that I have been to that I think I want to be in or near that bad that I'd subject myself to living that way. This is almost as bad as those $1500 "pods" in San Francisco iirc or that West St Louis apartment with the kitchen, toilet, living room, bathtub all 1 spot.
This is actually a known AirBnB scam. You arrive to this amazing place and then the lister says some crap about why the room is unavailable last minute (water leaking, power off, etc). They offer you another place (cheaper and less appealing) which you end up taking since you’re already there and don’t feel like looking for a hotel.

Last year my co-worker rented a 3br Apt and was trying to recruit potential roommates at work. I didnt think he'd be able to find anyone willing to pay $450/mo (cause you can rent a 1br at that same cost) but he found two tenants in under a month. He explained with him covering utilities, cable and internet both roommates save money.

Now where it gets interesting...after 4 months no one had "claimed" the living room or setup anything there, so he went to IKEA and bought this panel divider that folds out like an accordion. Since that space is only 12x8, he rented it for $300. So with that idea he went from simply living for free, to actually earning a profit.

But he aint stoppin there...when the 3rd guy moved in, he'd go on a shopping spree at the start of the month when the funds hit his EBT card and the fridge would be overflowing. So he bought everybody compact fridges to put in their room, and got rid of the big frodge in the kitchen. And hes contemplating doing away with the Stove and getting everybody microwaves/tabletop appliances. With the kitchen being empty, hed then set up another partition and rent that out to somebody...i thought it would be awkward having a bed surrounded by a sink, and cupboards and cabinets, but apparently he already has someone interested...

Anybody else know of people doing this? Seems like a relatively low-cost venture to jump into, worst case scenario you dont make any money, but essentially you're living for free...
do u make this **** up?

Reminds me when i was younger, this one apartment we lived at the unit across the hall from us was being rented by like 10 Sri Lankan mans. I remember one day they were leaving and you could see inside the apartment when they opened the door, there was just mattresses on the floor nothing else.

They were all splitting the rent, saving in that way, and sending most of the money they made from their jobs back home to their families.
I knew of something similar here in BK.

Mans rented out his apt and had 24 Mexicans living there. They basically used the place for a spot to sleep.

Literally 12 of them would finish their multiple day jobs and at night wake up the guys who were sleeping all day so they could do their night jobs. Then that cycle would just keep going until the summer.

would yall give up the booty or the mouf for free rent? Every citys Craigslist section has tons of these https://enid.craigslist.org/roo/d/free-room-to-gay-male/7207896996.html
Dont think this is not real yall. Goes the other way too.

One time I seen an ad asking specifically for a straight male to give up the D for a free room.

Also that whole free use thing some ppl are down for.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom