Reoccurring nicknames in non-African American cultures

Originally Posted by did0

Chuey, Gringo. Shorty, Perro, Smiley & imo the number one overused name in mexican culture...

Joker

i have like 8 friends called joker throughout the 5 boroughs
ohwell.gif
laugh.gif
You can also add Little Puppet to the list.

after extensive exposure to the caucasian culture, i have observed that it is highly common for white dudes to identify people by their last names..

say your name is John Smith.. everybody will call you "Smith", then that will evolve into multiple variations such as "Smitty","Smittyboy", and "the Smithster".

if you're Irish and your last name is like "McDonald" or "McMillan", you'll probably be called "Mac" or "BigMac"

and if you have a Hispanic last name, like, say 'Sanchez' or 'Cruz'? simple, your nickname becomes something like "Dirty Sanchez" or"Cruz Control". or just "Chico". and if you have an English first name, they might call you the Spanish version of your name. so George ="Jorge", John = "Juan", Richard = "Ricky Ricardo", etc

if you are Asian (it doesn't matter what nationality), people will call you "Yao" or "Jackie Chan".

and in general, if your last name doesn't really lend itself to nicknames they will form some sort of pun with your first name. so if your name is say,Steve Baker, your nickname might become "Stone Cold Steve Baker". or call you by a famous person with the same name. (so John = "JohnnyCash", Tim = "Tim Tebow", George = "Curious George", "Peter" = "Peter Parker", etc)

this was not meant to offend anybody. i [emoji]9829[/emoji] white people
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by DOWNTOWN43

after extensive exposure to the caucasian culture, i have observed that it is highly common for white dudes to identify people by their last names..

say your name is John Smith.. everybody will call you "Smith", then that will evolve into multiple variations such as "Smitty", "Smittyboy", and "the Smithster".

if you're Irish and your last name is like "McDonald" or "McMillan", you'll probably be called "Mac" or "Big Mac"

and if you have a Hispanic last name, like, say 'Sanchez' or 'Cruz'? simple, your nickname becomes something like "Dirty Sanchez" or "Cruz Control". or just "Chico". and if you have an English first name, they might call you the Spanish version of your name. so George = "Jorge", John = "Juan", Richard = "Ricky Ricardo", etc

if you are Asian (it doesn't matter what nationality), people will call you "Yao" or "Jackie Chan".

and in general, if your last name doesn't really lend itself to nicknames they will form some sort of pun with your first name. so if your name is say, Steve Baker, your nickname might become "Stone Cold Steve Baker". or call you by a famous person with the same name. (so John = "Johnny Cash", Tim = "Tim Tebow", George = "Curious George", "Peter" = "Peter Parker", etc)

laugh.gif
This dude just hit the nail on the head! You are so on point it's freaking hilarious!
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by JohnnyRedStorm

Everybody named Frank gets called Frank the Tank at one moment or another in their life.
laugh.gif
My boys use to call me this, F-Train too sometimes
roll.gif

Growing up when I was around 13-16 we use to call some people by their last name as well. So many people we grew up with chilled in the same park/ave/areathat it was inevitable people received nick names to distinguish them.

Originally Posted by DOWNTOWN43

say your name is John Smith.. everybody will call you "Smith", then that will evolve into multiple variations such as "Smitty", "Smittyboy", and "the Smithster".

if you're Irish and your last name is like "McDonald" or "McMillan", you'll probably be called "Mac" or "Big Mac"

and if you have a Hispanic last name, like, say 'Sanchez' or 'Cruz'? simple, your nickname becomes something like "Dirty Sanchez" or "Cruz Control". or just "Chico". and if you have an English first name, they might call you the Spanish version of your name. so George = "Jorge", John = "Juan", Richard = "Ricky Ricardo", etc

and in general, if your last name doesn't really lend itself to nicknames they will form some sort of pun with your first name. so if your name is say, Steve Baker, your nickname might become "Stone Cold Steve Baker". or call you by a famous person with the same name. (so John = "Johnny Cash", Tim = "Tim Tebow", George = "Curious George", "Peter" = "Peter Parker", etc)

laugh.gif
If you love analyzing social trends like that stuff, you have to get to my campus... italian-americans from Chicago are hilarious with theirnicknames. Sully, Dutch, Mac, etc...

Another phenomenon is HOCKEY PLAYER NICKNAMES. I swear they have rules. I've gone to school with them for three years and I finally feel prepared to naildown their progression.

1. Use last names only. I can't stress this enough.
2. If last name is too long, abbreviate. (Kitzmiller = Kitzy, Glaesmer = Glaze)
3. If last name is hard to pronounce, use first name or funny incident name (Lincoln Nguyen = Link... also dudes named Ace, Bone, TT, Z, Mills, lol... stilldon't know some of these guys real names)

We call light-skinned brothas "light bright"

Chappelles show ruined it for you darker bothas "darkness"

Judy-big booty

My last name is Waller so I get : Waller, Wall-a, Waller the baller, J.Walla, J.Weezy (I go to a white school lol)

In the hood everybody is known as cuz, or bro

O yea, to add there's ALWAYS lil Chris
roll.gif

the white kid named michael that lives in a black neighborhood is usually named white mike

In Filipino cultures...

Boy, Baby, names with a syllable repeated twice (Chi Chi, Jun Jun, Ton Ton, Chin Chin, just not pek pek), and in lots of situations parents combine the first 2letters of the first and middle name... in most cases it has the letter J in it (for James Robert - JR, Raymond Joseph - RJ, David Jerome - DJ)

Or alot of times black ppl get associated with things of the felonious matter. Like which mike, mike with the 5 kids, or mike who did the jail bid. Or ghettogirls associate them with materialistic things like david with the 22's, or kev with the range rover. Dope boy dae dae, nlack *** kenny or gay kenny. Crackhead keisha or keisha with all the kids.

The white people nicknames are on point.

In Australia it's roughly the same as that, but there will always be a red headed kid that gets called "Bluey". I don't even know why, but italways happens.

Back
Top Bottom