Report: LeBron considers extension with Cavs

siramazing

Banned
[h1]Ive been following this kid since his 10th grade year, I really think he is the best player in the league and has potential to be one of the best if not the best. I think it is best for him to stay with the cavs for his career and not switch up teams. He is building a legacy with the Cavs and will go down as a hero there if he plays out his career there.

http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/news/story?id=3784334

Report: LeBron considers extension with Cavs[/h1]
ESPN.com news services

Updated: December 20, 2008, 9:48 PM ET

A few NBA teams are clearing cap room for the summer of 2010, but LeBron James' future might be long decided by then.

[h4]LeBron James[/h4]
1966.jpg

Small Forward
Cleveland Cavaliers

[table] 2009 Season Stats [tr][td]GM[/td] [td]PPG[/td] [td]RPG[/td] [td]APG[/td] [td]FG%[/td] [td]FT%[/td] [/tr][tr][td]26[/td] [td]27.5[/td] [td]6.8[/td] [td]6.3[/td] [td].503[/td] [td].798[/td] [/tr][/table]

James told the Cleveland Plain Dealer he is pleased with the Cleveland Cavaliers' improvement and is considering signing an extension during this summer.

"You play out this season of course; I will consider it," James told the Plain Dealer on Saturday before the Cavs practiced at the Pepsi Center.

"The direction we are headed is everything I expected and more."

James has not talked publicly about signing this summer until now. The Cavaliers have made great progress this season and are off to a 22-4 start, the second-best record in the NBA.

James had signed a three-year, $43 million deal with the Cavs in 2006. That contract includes a player option for 2010-11 worth $17.4 million. Many believed James would forego the option, but no one had considered his signing an extension. There has been speculation James will end up in one of the NBA's larger markets -- maybe with the New York Knicks.

"I definitely want to keep an open mind, I will look at everything," James told the Plain Dealer. "[The extension] is a good point. I think me and my group have pretty much made good decisions so far and we'll look at the options and go from there."

I think it largely depends on how they finish the season.

Sure they look great now. But if they fizzle heading into the playoffs, the talk of him leaving will start up again.

i've been saying all along he'll stay w/ the cavs...wally's contract will be up at the end of the season and if i'm not mistaken big ben'sand Z's will be off the books by 2010....he'll get a max deal from the cavs and he'll recruit bosh or another FA to come to cleveland...

Originally Posted by High Class Scum Bag

i've been saying all along he'll stay w/ the cavs...wally's contract will be up at the end of the season and if i'm not mistaken big ben's and Z's will be off the books by 2010....he'll get a max deal from the cavs and he'll recruit bosh or another FA to come to cleveland...
either dudes are gonna go to cleveland and play with lebron or go to miami and play with wade... some dudes from olympic team will join uptogether

Originally Posted by YoungTriz

Originally Posted by High Class Scum Bag

i've been saying all along he'll stay w/ the cavs...wally's contract will be up at the end of the season and if i'm not mistaken big ben's and Z's will be off the books by 2010....he'll get a max deal from the cavs and he'll recruit bosh or another FA to come to cleveland...
either dudes are gonna go to cleveland and play with lebron or go to miami and play with wade... some dudes from olympic team will join up together

i wouldnt be surprised if bosh ends up in his hometown of dallas...the mavs will have a lot of money w/ kidd contract ending after the season...amare couldend up in cleveland w/ LBJ.

i always did think its best for a all star, future legend to play for one team only.If you think about most of them
only played for one team, i think it kind of ruin things when they play for multiple teams like Shaq and Allen Iverson...

but hopefully he comes to the knicks
happy.gif
. we'll still have a reallygood team without him though.

If they win a title before 2010, I see him staying...if a few playoff disappointments come by, I see him leaving...or, at least that's how i kinda see it.

My thoughts from the other thread...

Could be playful fodder by LeBron...

I think alot of what makes this decision will be what decision will ultimately help us to bring in the hghest caliber talent alongside him.... I'm not soquickly going to say that he won't go ahead and sign on, but, I've always been given the feeling that he'll keep signing terms in the 3-4 yearrange instead of those real long extensions. He wants to continually keep the pressure on to be at a high level all the time ...and not let up on that.

Plus, it always keeps his long-term options open.

I'd say it's 50/50 whether it happens early or not ...the pub is always there, but, I think alot of it can be a distraction rather than a plus for him.His main objective now is wining multiple championships, and if signing early gives us the betterchance at landing another Bosh type free agent, then, that's what might be happening.

Time will tell ....I don't think it's out of the question at all that it gets done sooner rather than later... he'll make more here than anywhere,and we're positioned better than any team in the league but maybe Portland ...

Question to people, if LeBron came out and said, he will consider signing with NY, what would the response be?

Breaking News: Stephen A. Smith is on his way to the Brooklyn Bridge....

Originally Posted by iM COOL C

He just trying to shut up Cleveland fans.
Maverick is that you?
nerd.gif

grin.gif

This team is 22-4. Ain't nobody thinking about 2010 in this city right now.

Everyone is enjoying the best Cavs season ever to this point.

Of course he's gonna sign with the Cavs. All this NY this NY that stuff has been over blown. The Cavs can win it all RIGHT NOW and can still payhim 9 figures so why leave?

laugh.gif
@ all ya'll NY fans.

He staying right where he grew up at....the Land.
laugh.gif
Sig Check**

being a NY/NJ fan ftL
laugh.gif

(and im Brooklyn born)

laugh.gif
@ that extension. 17.4 mill extension? that's disrespectful

Lebron will be going to the highest bidder, whoever that maybe in 2 years.

Just know this, in 2010 we're going to see an ABSURD, never before, record breaking contract nba contract deal for this guy. Think A-Rod numbers x 1.5 or 2(a-rod currently makes 27 mill a year).

Inevitably, that's what's going to happen, and CLEVELAND WILL NOT have the money for that. Say hello to New York.

Originally Posted by DeeNyce

laugh.gif
@ that extension. 17.4 mill extension? that's disrespectful

Lebron will be going to the highest bidder, whoever that maybe in 2 years.

Just know this, in 2010 we're going to see an ABSURD, never before, record breaking contract nba contract deal for this guy. Think A-Rod numbers x 1.5 or 2 (a-rod currently makes 27 mill a year).

Inevitably, that's what's going to happen, and CLEVELAND WILL NOT have the money for that. Say hello to New York.
I guess you've never heard of the Min/Max Salary restrictions in the NBA's CBA?
tongue.gif

A guy with 10+ years of service wouldn't make "A-Rod numbers" let alone someone with 7 years of service like Lebron will have in 2010.

Oh yeah, and if he were to sign the extension...the city of New York would be on Suicide Watch.
laugh.gif

Back
Top Bottom