Report: Source Says Favre Reached Agreement With Vikings

http://www.channel3000.com/sports/19840372/detail.html
MINNEAPOLIS --
WCCO in Minneapolis is reporting that, according to an unnamed source, Brett Favre has reached a contract agreement with the MinnesotaVikings. The source reportedly told WCCO's Mark Rosen that the Vikings equipment manager has already ordered No. 4 purple jerseys with Favre's name onthe back. But until Favre actually puts on the purple uniform of the rival Minnesota Vikings, the Green Bay Packers are doing their best to punt away anyquestions about their former quarterback's football future. If the Packers are privately annoyed about the never-ending subject of Favre's complicatedrelationship with retirement, they aren't saying so. Instead, players and front office executives are giving the same stock answer: If he wants to play, heshould. Still, new Packers safety Anthony Smith wants a shot at picking off a Favre pass. He said he might even ask Favre to autograph it.

I'm in the minority here but
pimp.gif

Originally Posted by Raposo927

Who cares, bret favre won't go no where with that team

THAT team? THAT team with the best running back in the game? THAT team with the best D-Line in the game? THAT team with one of the top O-Lines in the game?

What is it that you mean exactly?

If Brett Favre can just sit back, manage football games, and not throw games away late with stupid decisions, the Vikings are going to be TOUGH...

Originally Posted by Nowitness41Dirk

If Brett Favre can just sit back, manage football games, and not throw games away late with stupid decisions, the Vikings are going to be TOUGH...

Oxymoron.

2690700258_69ab64bc7d.jpg

Nothings final yet obviously...but it's a done deal in my opinion.

Favre will be wearing purple come September.

Favre, AP, Harvin, Berrian, Chester Taylor, our solid O-Line plus one of the best defenses in the NFL = in the words of Randy Moss "Super Bowlhomeboy!"
46b260c1f98d853ee114c2bfac0e36badd76d152.gif

nah he isnt too old the guy can still play. he was playing well until he hurt his shoulder. ppl forget hes 2 seasons removed from one of his best years everand almost went to the super bowl. hes better than any qb on their roster. plus being there earlier than he was with the jets should help too. vikes with favreare immediate sb contenders. the vikes are cool and i hope it happens. favre, peterson, berrian, rice, harvin is going to be
pimp.gif
and theyve already got one of the top defenses in the league. that greenbay-minny game in lambeau is going to be dope. this nfl season is going to be dope as a whole
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

nah he isnt too old the guy can still play. he was playing well until he hurt his shoulder.

I keep hearing this from Favre apologists (Skip Bayless especially) but my question is what makes you guys think the injuries are going to stop? The guy is 39and doesn't take conditioning and getting his body prepared seriously. He has been dragging this thing with the Vikings out to avoid the off-season workoutprogram. He is probably going to get hurt again and throw atleast 18 INT's.

Originally Posted by i3allistic

never liked brett favre ...this will make me hate him even more ...dude such a drama queen

Wrong. I strongly believe that the media, namely ESPN, are drama !%*%+*.

Remember now, that Minnesota approached Favre...The media took the bait and ran with it of course. Favre has done little to fuel the fire.

Originally Posted by 651akathePaul

Originally Posted by Raposo927

Who cares, bret favre won't go no where with that team

THAT team? THAT team with the best running back in the game? THAT team with the best D-Line in the game? THAT team with one of the top O-Lines in the game?

What is it that you mean exactly?
They could have all that but they still aint going no where with Farve. Vikings going to be fighting for a wild card berth lets see how he getsthrough the final 6 games over under how many more picks than TD's he throws. The entire NFC East is better than the Vikes in my opinion.

When you have the best RB in the league, Adrian Peterson, and you hand off to him 25-30 times a game it means Brett's arm won't tire out like it did inNew York. Favre made Thomas Jones go from a decent RB to a good RB just because he opens so much more up in an offense.

+ he got surgery...so his arm likely won't experience the same type of thing again.

All I'm gonna say is that I thought this team was NFC Championship game bound WITH Tarvaris....However outlandish that claim may be, it's a moot point.Favre can take this team where it needs to go, but it's been awhile when he's had so much talent around him where he only has to "manage" thegame. If he stays away from forcing the ball as much as we're used to seeing and he is, in fact, injury free, this team is about to be among the best ofthe best.

Back
Top Bottom