Report: Source Says Favre Reached Agreement With Vikings

i really dont mind favre being "back" in the nfl. i respect that dude like no other for his toughness and grit. obviously he's past his prime,but if someone is willing to sign him, let the man play. and don't stone face this dude for getting all the attention...you know who to blame for that. theman honestly has nothing but football, he just wants to play.

Originally Posted by Nowitness41Dirk

If Brett Favre can just sit back, manage football games, and not throw games away late with stupid decisions, the Vikings are going to be TOUGH...
Or Tavaris Jackson, or Sage Rosenfels, or Jeff Garcia, or Byron Leftwich. This is Brett Favre, Vikingsaren't bringing him in to simply manage games. They're bringing him in to take some pressure off AD and take some shots down the field.

Originally Posted by epox12

nah he isnt too old the guy can still play. he was playing well until he hurt his shoulder.

I keep hearing this from Favre apologists (Skip Bayless especially) but my question is what makes you guys think the injuries are going to stop? The guy is 39 and doesn't take conditioning and getting his body prepared seriously. He has been dragging this thing with the Vikings out to avoid the off-season workout program. He is probably going to get hurt again and throw atleast 18 INT's.

hes started how many games in a row? hes always injured. the point being is that the shoulder really shouldnt be an issue now. does he really needthe ota's? its basically the same offense he ran in gb

YES! i love this dude and this will give me a another team to cheer for this year ... i dont expect my cowboys to make any significant noise so i will be onthe vikings bandwagon ...

hes started how many games in a row? hes always injured. the point being is that the shoulder really shouldnt be an issue now. does he really need the ota's? its basically the same offense he ran in gb

What does starting all those games matter if he plays like crap in those games. Yes he does need the off season ota's because he is 39 and his body willbegin to break down again if he doesn't put in the work and he has not. My other point is he had the championship game in Lambeau Field with the ball inhis hands against a winded Giants defense in OT and he couldn't get it done. Do you think he will get as good a shot as that with Minn? I don't. Thelast time he won a Super Bowl was in Jan of 08 as much as some people don't want to admit it his Super Bowl winning days over. He is a washed upundisciplined QB with a diva attitude. Oh and save the "he made the pro bowl" line because a guy who throws 24 int's and costs his team theplayoffs is not a pro bowler, the nfl gve him that when it should have been Phillip Rivers.

I'm happy Brett Favre is comming back.
Who cares about legacy??? You only live once. The man loves football and he still wants to play. The Vikings want him.
That's all that matters and who cares what everyone else thinks.

Originally Posted by JPZx

http://farm4.static.flick...00258_69ab64bc7d.jpg?v=0 src="http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3136/2690700258_69ab64bc7d.jpg?v=0">

Nothings final yet obviously...but it's a done deal in my opinion.

Favre will be wearing purple come September.

Favre, AP, Harvin, Berrian, Chester Taylor, our solid O-Line plus one of the best defenses in the NFL = in the words of Randy Moss "Super Bowl homeboy!"
46b260c1f98d853ee114c2bfac0e36badd76d152.gif

Man i hope you're right fam. We could be deadly as long as everyone stays healthy
pimp.gif

hes started how many games in a row? hes always injured. the point being is that the shoulder really shouldnt be an issue now. does he really need the ota's? its basically the same offense he ran in gb

What does starting all those games matter if he plays like crap in those games. Yes he does need the off season ota's because he is 39 and his body will begin to break down again if he doesn't put in the work and he has not. My other point is he had the championship game in Lambeau Field with the ball in his hands against a winded Giants defense in OT and he couldn't get it done. Do you think he will get as good a shot as that with Minn? I don't. The last time he won a Super Bowl was in Jan of 08 as much as some people don't want to admit it his Super Bowl winning days over. He is a washed up undisciplined QB with a diva attitude. Oh and save the "he made the pro bowl" line because a guy who throws 24 int's and costs his team the playoffs is not a pro bowler, the nfl gve him that when it should have been Phillip Rivers.

played like crap in what games? i hope you mean the last half of '08 and not his whole career. i mean he had a bum shoulder, any qb wouldveplayed bad like that. it wasnt all his fault either. why cant he get the same chance in minny he had only 2 years ago? they have all the same ingredients thatteam had, probably better. oh and another thing, minny has the 2ND EASIEST SCHEDULE IN THE LEAGUE THIS YEAR.

i hope you mean the last half of '08 and not his whole career. i mean he had a bum shoulder, any qb wouldve played bad like that. it wasnt all his fault either. why cant he get the same chance in minny he had only 2 years ago? they have all the same ingredients that team had, probably better. oh and another thing, minny has the 2ND EASIEST SCHEDULE IN THE LEAGUE THIS YEAR.

I did mean the second half of 08. It wasn't all his fault? I guess it never is with Brett Favre. No other QB would have thrown 24 int's because noother veteran QB takes the stupid chances Brett Favre does. You are missing my point that Brett is not preparing his body for a 19-20 game season if they makeit to the playoffs and Super Bowl. No player can just show up and lead a team to the Super Bowl not even the all mighty Brett Favre. Especially since he islong past his prime.

^ Again...It's the media who are drama %$%$%%. Minnesota WENT to Favre. Not vice versa. Favre has done nothing wrong in this situation. He simply toldMinny that if he's healthy...he'll play. What's wrong with that? It's the media fanning the flames and dragging this out to make it look bad onFavre's end. Get it straight man.

Wait a minute.......

Didnt he have surgery recently? Didnt the Vikings say they wanted to wait a month to see if he heals enough to play quarterback? Didnt Favre himself say hewasnt sure if he would be healthy enough to play, and wouldnt know for a few weeks?

Im not saying he wont sign, but right now, Im calling ducktales.

i hope you mean the last half of '08 and not his whole career. i mean he had a bum shoulder, any qb wouldve played bad like that. it wasnt all his fault either. why cant he get the same chance in minny he had only 2 years ago? they have all the same ingredients that team had, probably better. oh and another thing, minny has the 2ND EASIEST SCHEDULE IN THE LEAGUE THIS YEAR.

I did mean the second half of 08. It wasn't all his fault? I guess it never is with Brett Favre. No other QB would have thrown 24 int's because no other veteran QB takes the stupid chances Brett Favre does. You are missing my point that Brett is not preparing his body for a 19-20 game season if they make it to the playoffs and Super Bowl. No player can just show up and lead a team to the Super Bowl not even the all mighty Brett Favre. Especially since he is long past his prime.

no ive gotten your point from the beginning i just think your making it out to be a bigger deal than it is. minny has a top o-line its not likehes going to get beat up

Are all the NY people that are saying "I hate Brett Favre" Jet fans?

Back
Top Bottom