resident evil 6

Everything I said made sense. The only way for you to not understand is if you don't play Resident Evil games or you can't read. 

1.) RE4 was a great game when it was released. Capcom intentionally changed the formula to appeal to fans who don't play Resident Evil games. Took out zombies. Daylight. Buying and upgrading weapons. If the game wasn't a success they would've reverted back to what Resident Evil is supposed to be. A survival horror game. After the success they took out all the survival elements and kept making it a action game. 

2.) Making 3 drastically different campaigns to try to appeal to everyone is a recipe for disaster. It means they don't have enough confidence to make one good campaign. To reflect all backlash, just make 3. I can't break this down any more simple for you. 

recipe for disaster? if a game is a good game a game is a good game :lol:

recipe for disaster? if a game is a good game a game is a good game
laugh.gif
I agree. We'll see when the game releases. I stand by my opinion until then. 

I'm a huge RE fan btw. I have no reason to hate on this game but everything I saw left me dissapointed.

Oh yeah, Cashcom is charging you money for multiplayer modes. 
roll.gif

Capcom is really going INSANE with their business practices.  First the Street Fighter and SF x Tekken fiasco now this. 

Everything I said made sense. The only way for you to not understand is if you don't play Resident Evil games or you can't read. 

1.) RE4 was a great game when it was released. Capcom intentionally changed the formula to appeal to fans who don't play Resident Evil games. Took out zombies. Daylight. Buying and upgrading weapons. If the game wasn't a success they would've reverted back to what Resident Evil is supposed to be. A survival horror game. After the success they took out all the survival elements and kept making it a action game. 

2.) Making 3 drastically different campaigns to try to appeal to everyone is a recipe for disaster. It means they don't have enough confidence to make one good campaign. To reflect all backlash, just make 3. I can't break this down any more simple for you. 

RE4 was still survival horror imo... 5 might have been pretty action based, but I liked it. I can see why you'd anticipate 6 becoming even less of a true survival horror game, but I think that's a reflection of the gaming industry as a whole. ALL games are being geared toward "CASUAL" gamers unfortunately, if you're looking for a real hardcore gaming experience it's getting harder and harder to find.

They're always fun games but the series reached it's pinnacle with RE4.

RE4 was a great game but that was also the beginning of the end of the Resident Evil series. 

RE2 is favorite RE game and one of my favorite games of all time.

I have no doubt in my mind that this game is going to be a train wreck. The fact that they split the game into 3 campaigns is a HORRIBLE SIGN. They don't know what game they're making anymore. Trying to appeal to everyone at the same time is disastrous. 

^ I agree. I will buy it just because I have played all of the numbered Resident Evils. Reading this thiread, I found out about an anthology :pimp:. RE 2 is definitely my favorite out of all of them. It had a good mix of scare, puzzles, and action, and you had to beat it at least twice to get the whole story. That whole concept for it was :pimp:

RE4 was a great game but that was also the beginning of the end of the Resident Evil series. 

I have no doubt in my mind that this game is going to be a train wreck. The fact that they split the game into 3 campaigns is a HORRIBLE SIGN. They don't know what game they're making anymore. Trying to appeal to everyone at the same time is disastrous. 

Things need to change though.

If they continuously followed the same formula that RE1-3 had we might not even have RE6.

Just look at how stale the Silent Hill series has become.

Things need to change though.
If they continuously followed the same formula that RE1-3 had we might not even have RE6.
Just look at how stale the Silent Hill series has become.
Yeah I agree. That's why I feel they had the right mix with RE4 and should have kept that formula for a few games. There are ways to keep the survival horror genre fresh without adding action.

Shame what happened to SIlent Hill but that's not their fault. Team Silent only worked on Silent Hill 1 -4 and the first 3 are classic. They tried new things with 4 and it was a mixed bag but still a good game. The rest of them are outsourced to random developers. 

I just found out that Shinji Mikami (creator of Resident Evil 1-4, Killer 7, Devil May Cry is working on a brand new Survival Horror game called "Zwei". I'm hyped!

“A true ‘survival horror’ game is one in which the player confronts and overcomes fear,” he said to someone recently, according to the press release. “I’ve found my focus and once again I’m striving for pure survival horror. I am being very hands-on in the development of this game to ensure that the quality is there. Rest assured.”

Locations Concept Art.

Pre-ordered the anthology last w/e. Didn't like RE5 that much but even if 6 sucks it comes with 1-4 :pimp:

how in the world is all of this only 90 dollars?

Why would they make it so the xbox and ps3 versions contain different games? I never beat code Veronica either but the ps3 one has so much more in it. Yeah the XBOX version of this sucks. Anthology > archives

Gotta call my brother and ask him for his PS3 now I refuse to buy archives its so bad

Last edited:
Pre-ordered the anthology last w/e. Didn't like RE5 that much but even if 6 sucks it comes with 1-4 :pimp:

how in the world is all of this only 90 dollars?

this is the first and only time I've regretted not having a PS3. :frown:

the Xbox "archives" version is a POS...
it sure is. I can't be mad though guess it's their way of rewarding the play station crew since that's where this franchise took off from.

Hopefully they cave and bring it out for Xbox as well when they see that archives doesn't sell at all and people complain nonstop

Last edited:
Hold on. They remake resident evil 2 and 3 for the PS3?

If that's true. I need to get that package now. RE2 and 3 were some of the greatest games i've played

I read about the bosses & creatures in the game...

J'avo's :smh:

Unlike zombies, J'avo are able to interact with each other to plan an attack, use weapons, and heal themselves.

Creatures:

Zombie
URL]

Bloated Zombie
URL]

Screamer Zombie
URL]

Evolving/Mutant Zombie
URL]

Zombie Dog
URL]

J'avo
URL]

Chrysalid
URL]

Last edited:
Boses: (Posted in spoiler)

Ustanak
URL]

Bone Chainsaw Creature
URL]

Ogroman
URL]

Unidentified Snake Boss
URL]

Lepotitsa
URL]

Deborah Harper
URL]

URL]

??

Hold on. They remake resident evil 2 and 3 for the PS3?

If that's true. I need to get that package now. RE2 and 3 were some of the greatest games i've played

No the original games are available to download on the psn store. The game (anthology) comes with codes to redeem them.

Back
Top Bottom