Restaurants Turn Camera Shy

http://www.nytimes.com/2013/01/23/d...mera-shy.html?pagewanted=1&_r=4&smid=tw-share

Yes, I'm guilty of this but if it's something exotic that is not your ordinary everyday food, why not for the memories? But to stand on top of chairs, gorrillapods setup?
laugh.gif
 there should be a time and place for all that.  

I get annoyed too when I eat with my boys and first thing the plates come out is a bunch of grown men whipping out their phones snapping for that IG attention. Hunger doesn't even deter these ppl to choose the right angles, satisfying filter, and constant check for likes and comments. Instead of enjoying their food and having a nice conversation, eating out has become a way for ppl to brag about their wonderful lives to online strangers

Last edited:
can't stand when i go out to eat and 3/4 of the group is on their phone and no ones talking.

when you guys go out, you guys should stack all of your phones on the table. first person to reach for the phone pays the bill. it has worked wonders to generate real conversation.

can't stand when i go out to eat and 3/4 of the group is on their phone and no ones talking.

when you guys go out, you guys should stack all of your phones on the table. first person to reach for the phone pays the bill. it has worked wonders to generate real conversation.
this.

sometimes i'll take a pic of my food on occasion if i'm eating something wild or at a memorable place, but so many people OD with this

I am guilty of instagramming my food but its real quick, I seen the girls using thier flashes at least 3-4 times, THAT is annoying.

sometimes i'll take a pic of my food on occasion if i'm eating something wild or at a memorable place, but so many people OD with this
People that are quick to post their breakfast, lunch and dinner. #instaunfollow

Last edited:
b-b-but it gets the most likes

and i'm guilty...did it once, i swear !

also very interesting that some restaurants wouldn't want this, it's good promotion if their food gets posted and others find out about it

Last edited:
no reason to picture your food if it is right there in front of you 

lulz, did i try too hard.

b-b-but it gets the most likes

and i'm guilty...did it once, i swear !

also very interesting that some restaurants wouldn't want this, it's good promotion if their food gets posted and others find out about it
It dumbs down the quality and prestige of the establishment by everyone ODing on pics

this.

People do this for Burger King now. So imagine how crazy they'll get at a fancy place lol

I too like looking at prepared food, especially if it was made by the person that took the picture. But like most anything, theres a balance.

Last edited:
Honestly, you should be asked to leave if you are caught taking pictures of your plate. No one cares about your entree and it ruins the ambiance of the setting when I see flashing lights going off in the direction of your plate. This happened the other night when I went out to eat.

Nothing rustles my jimmies more than people posting pics of their food.

Not: I'm guilty of it, but only when I'm drunk

Back
Top Bottom