Retro steel x's

How's it goins everybody!
i'm planning on picking up a pair of retro steel x's for ball. i've never tried them or anything, so i'm just looking for some info on their fit and performance
I normally wear an 11 for ball, if that matters.
Thanks in advance !

Fit:

The lacing actually provides a decent fit.

A tiny bit narrow/pokey around the toe box.

Performance:

Traction isn't up to much.

Heel cushioning is nothing to get excited about, forefoot cushioning is about non existent.

You might want some aftermarket insoles.

Paint job on the outsoles on mine was terrible BTW. Paint was rubbing off after 10 minutes of casual wear.

If you want to be 'spotted' wearing MJ' least favorite Jordan's on the court, be my guest,

Personally, i'd advise you spend the $$$ on a modern performance shoe.

Originally Posted by swingshot

Fit:

The lacing actually provides a decent fit.

A tiny bit narrow/pokey around the toe box.

Performance:

Traction isn't up to much.

Heel cushioning is nothing to get excited about, forefoot cushioning is about non existent.

You might want some aftermarket insoles.

Paint job on the outsoles on mine was terrible BTW. Paint was rubbing off after 10 minutes of casual wear.

If you want to be 'spotted' wearing MJ' least favorite Jordan's on the court, be my guest,

Personally, i'd advise you spend the $$$ on a modern performance shoe.
3509qnn.png

i wouldn't recommend them. i played ball in my steel x (OG if that matters) but the traction isn't the best. you're better off investing in a pair of nike basketball shoes.

Originally Posted by jamergrady

O RLY>

It's quite apparent the OP is interested in buything these for looks, not peformance.

Unfortunately, I couldn't ever hope to beat your 'Can you name every single shoe with full length air?' thread.

yes,
not the best shoe out there,
although 12s are good for ball straight up

but if anything get some hyperdunks or huaraches

Yea the cushioning isnt really good at all. Personally, i really liked the fit, very similar to the OGs which i loved. but if youre trying to ball in them, look somewhere else unless you want to have knees like me (which arent the best).

For real if you're lookin for J's to ball in get some XII's. They hold up real well, good comfort, and the X's just flat out suck for bball.

Originally Posted by gh0stface05

true to size for me.

traction is sub par and it lacks ankle support

Oddly, the ankle support is one of the few things i liked about these.

You should get a pair of VIII to ball because they are the most comfortable pair I ever played in...

10s are comfrotable to me but if you are a size 11 i think you should go a size up so 11.5 because they are kind of tight?

@%% is all the B$ about?  X's are MAD comfy to ball in & casually walk around in.  I'm a guard & I've been hooping quite heavily in mine,
strictly indoor.  My only complaint on them, is the laces tend to get frayed out & I have to replace them.  GREAT 4 BALLIN !!!!!

I borrowed my buddies pair cause i wanted to try them, and they were actually very comfortable and responsive.
The grip was okay, but the gym was pretty dusty anyways..
So ill probably end up grabbing a pair!
Thanks everyone

yeah i really liked them when i balled in my retros. i only balled in them cause they started squeaking but the cushion was still on point. not to mention the ankle support.

i'm definitely bout to pick up another pair. thanks op lol

Back
Top Bottom