Return of the ICEBERG!

whos buying? just ordered some shoes
pimp.gif

http://www.saksfifthavenue.com/main...545537&bmUID=1202814112441&SECSLOT=BR-Iceberg

Looks like they have gone Metrosexual.

I need that hood shhhh back. Sweaters with the wool hats to match. Word to 99-2001!
embarassed.gif

Never understood the appeal. Especially considering the price.
The price IS the appeal. Kids wouldn't wear a $15 t-shirt with Mickey Mouse, but they'd staple $100 bills to their chest if they couldget away with it.

I have a very difficult time believing anyone who says they ever liked this stuff for the aesthetics.

Why do people buy this garbage? Because you can't wear a paid off mortgage or BGE bill.

Let's not act like kids aren't wearing "rare" Nikes for the same reason. Why do middle aged men buy Corvettes? Why did anyone ever buy aSegway scooter? You can't expect status symbols to make any type of logical sense. A fool and his money are soon parted.

"Method Man,"

I feel what you are saying...

However, your logic is the reason why most of my people in the D.C. area (both family, friends, and associates) have $700-$1100 monthly car payments...

Trying to "keep up with the Jones'es " or BE THE JONES'ES ain't nothing new bra...

Trying to "keep up with the Jones'es " or BE THE JONES'ES ain't nothing new bra...
Nobody said it was. Ain't nothing new about a Mickey Mouse sweater either... they just came up with the idea of charging $315 for it. It's just a matter of calling it like it is.

NO.sorry your wrong.The Quality is top notch
As often as I hear that, whether it's about the $200 "supreme" AF1 or a pajama top hoodie it never ceases to amuse.

The quality argument is valid to a point. Quality costs less in the long run and people have good cause to avoidbuying shoddy products on the cheap... but let's get real. People pay for the status, period. The quality argument is a rationalization. If it were JUSTabout quality, the label wouldn't matter. People would buy "plain" stuff that's simply well made. If you're paying $500 for a sweaterwith Pluto on it, don't tell me you're buying it because it's superbly knit and for no other reason. It's hard to believe that there'sreally somebody out there who goes to every different store, from Caldor to Banana Republic to Barneys, and settles on the $400 Donald Duck piece becauseit's the "best quality" available dollar for dollar.

0418699261792_ASTL_300x400.jpg

laugh.gif

The quality argument is valid to a point. Quality costs less in the long run and people have good cause to avoid buying shoddy products on the cheap... but let's get real. People pay for the status, period. The quality argument is a rationalization. If it were JUST about quality, the label wouldn't matter. People would buy "plain" stuff that's simply well made. If you're paying $500 for a sweater with Pluto on it, don't tell me you're buying it because it's superbly knit and for no other reason. It's hard to believe that there's really somebody out there who goes to every different store, from Caldor to Banana Republic to Barneys, and settles on the $400 Donald Duck piece because it's the "best quality" available dollar for dollar.
great point Meth!
laugh.gif

Most people just do not realize you can buy quality and expensive items for a lower price because everything is about seasons. Three to four months from now,those same Iceberg items will be on sale for 50-75% less. Why buy anything full price when you can get it cheaper? If it is a must have item, that should bethe only exception to the rule of not looking for a bargain. If you just want Disney then go to the disney store at your local mall and get the tee for $15full price or check for the sale price $6.

I used to like Iceberg. Only for the status associated with it. I only wore it once - and that was to the Prom.

Originally Posted by lavan emanuel

I used to like Iceberg. Only for the status associated with it. I only wore it once - and that was to the Prom.

Which is the one time that you definitely SHOULDN'T have worn Iceberg
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by The Badgeman

Originally Posted by lavan emanuel

Which is the one time that you definitely SHOULDN'T have worn Iceberg
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

Back
Top Bottom