Review: Jordan Fly Wade

I picked up a pair of the black/black GRs last week with a 20% discount. The shoes are light, have good ventilation, and seem durable so far. Forefoot flexing at the first eyelet takes a bit to break in. It really feels uncomfortable but goes away after 30 minutes or so of working out or basketball. Comfort is very good after they are broken in. The forefoot zoom, traction, and heel lockdown are all great out of the box and only get better once broken. Heel max air is on the stiff side. Definitely needs to be broken in. Not sure what to think about these shoes though. I've played in them twice for extended pickup runs, but I never felt in sync with these shoes. Heel to toe transition was a little odd and side to side felt a little off too. I love shoes that perform wel and that I don't think about them while I'm playing. I can't say that about the Wade Flys so far. I felt like I was spending too much time trying to figure the subtle disconnect between my body and the shoes. I think these are good shoes, but maybe just not right for me. Time will tell.

I was able to score another pair of Welcome Home 2010s Monday for $65. I played in the Wades Monday and then the 2010s Tuesday. I hadn't played in a pair of 2010s for months and now I remember why I liked them so much. Though they are heavier than the Wades, the 2010s just felt better during game play. The cushioning, comfort, lockdown, courtfeel and stability were great and the shoe seemed much more in sync with my body than the Wades. We'll see how these compare over the next few weeks.

I picked up a pair of the black/black GRs last week with a 20% discount. The shoes are light, have good ventilation, and seem durable so far. Forefoot flexing at the first eyelet takes a bit to break in. It really feels uncomfortable but goes away after 30 minutes or so of working out or basketball. Comfort is very good after they are broken in. The forefoot zoom, traction, and heel lockdown are all great out of the box and only get better once broken. Heel max air is on the stiff side. Definitely needs to be broken in. Not sure what to think about these shoes though. I've played in them twice for extended pickup runs, but I never felt in sync with these shoes. Heel to toe transition was a little odd and side to side felt a little off too. I love shoes that perform wel and that I don't think about them while I'm playing. I can't say that about the Wade Flys so far. I felt like I was spending too much time trying to figure the subtle disconnect between my body and the shoes. I think these are good shoes, but maybe just not right for me. Time will tell.

I was able to score another pair of Welcome Home 2010s Monday for $65. I played in the Wades Monday and then the 2010s Tuesday. I hadn't played in a pair of 2010s for months and now I remember why I liked them so much. Though they are heavier than the Wades, the 2010s just felt better during game play. The cushioning, comfort, lockdown, courtfeel and stability were great and the shoe seemed much more in sync with my body than the Wades. We'll see how these compare over the next few weeks.

Back
Top Bottom