RICKY RUBIO TO JOIN MINNESOTA TIMBERWOLVES

Originally Posted by JPZx

laugh.gif
I've stopped saving them. I only held onto a few for this very thread right here (and one other for CP
nerd.gif
). The reason I started doing it in the first place was for accountability and to show we all make bad predictions, and that we all should be able to laugh at ourselves after them and move on. I'm sick of doing it, though.

PG- Rubio
SG- Wes (try it out again at the beginning of the season. It didn't work all that great this past season, but maybe with a different PG).
SF- Beasley
PF- Love
C- ?

I'm assuming Kahn will trade the #2 for some veteran assistance... I'm still hoping for Monta Ellis but that's a longshot I suppose.
naw man, kahn loves darko.. that kid will be ur center until u dump kahn
roll.gif

laugh.gif
I've stopped saving them. I only held onto a few for this very thread right here (and one other for CP
nerd.gif
). The reason I started doing it in the first place was for accountability and to show we all make bad predictions, and that we all should be able to laugh at ourselves after them and move on. I'm sick of doing it, though.

PG- Rubio
SG- Wes (try it out again at the beginning of the season. It didn't work all that great this past season, but maybe with a different PG).
SF- Beasley
PF- Love
C- ?

I'm assuming Kahn will trade the #2 for some veteran assistance... I'm still hoping for Monta Ellis but that's a longshot I suppose.
naw man, kahn loves darko.. that kid will be ur center until u dump kahn
roll.gif

Rubio coming over........Marc Gasol being a free agent............Timberwolves have probably the lowest cap in the league 
nerd.gif
nerd.gif
nerd.gif

Rubio coming over........Marc Gasol being a free agent............Timberwolves have probably the lowest cap in the league 
nerd.gif
nerd.gif
nerd.gif

In that case...

PG- Rubio
SG- Monta
SF- Beasley
PF- Love
C- Randolph (hit the weight room)

Marc Gasol and Ricky Rubio combining their Spanish roots for the betterment of the Timberwolves
glasses.gif
nerd.gif

Anthony Randolph will NEVER be a center in the NBA. Unless the team and the coach really suck.

In that case...

PG- Rubio
SG- Monta
SF- Beasley
PF- Love
C- Randolph (hit the weight room)

Marc Gasol and Ricky Rubio combining their Spanish roots for the betterment of the Timberwolves
glasses.gif
nerd.gif

Anthony Randolph will NEVER be a center in the NBA. Unless the team and the coach really suck.

It's about time...I'm not all that impressed with the kid though. Bunch of flashy passes in his highlights are nice, but he just doesn't get me amped to watch him play. Finally we will see if all the hype was worth it.

I'm voting no.

It's about time...I'm not all that impressed with the kid though. Bunch of flashy passes in his highlights are nice, but he just doesn't get me amped to watch him play. Finally we will see if all the hype was worth it.

I'm voting no.

Damn all those starting lineups and Wes johnson only mentioned once. smh, was the last draft class that bad

Rubio
Flynn
Johnson
Love
Darko

4 wins

Damn all those starting lineups and Wes johnson only mentioned once. smh, was the last draft class that bad

Rubio
Flynn
Johnson
Love
Darko

4 wins

roll.gif
Rubio looked at this years draft class and said to himself..............if Irving is the best point guard in the draft im winning rookie of the year

roll.gif
Rubio looked at this years draft class and said to himself..............if Irving is the best point guard in the draft im winning rookie of the year

Possibly gonna be the biggest bust of all time.

Quote that

And that right there is the power of the media. Rubio has been "created" as being the next HOF point guard for over two years running...so if and when he comes over here and struggles out of the gate he will be anointed the next bust. It's comical how that works.

Anyone who follows ball and Rubio knows he has tremendous skills and also has flaws and also is still young. If you pay attention you never heap major praise on him because, well, no one knows. But dude has been talked up so much the past two years by everyone but himself that the sharks have circled and if this dude doesnt average 10 APG his rookie year he is trash and get the flame suit ready.  God I cannot wait for that.

The Wolves?  They are in fine position simply because the day Rubio walks into the building he is a better guard than anyone they have. And they will take that. We're all interested to see what the kid will be able to do in an NBA offense. The Wolves so far have done their part....they got him over here (something they always said was happening), they started to tailor the roster to his skills last year, and they are apparently dumping Rambis and his quasi triangle offense and are likely bringing in someone who will let Rubio play. And lastly the team has a guy fans are going to now come out to see and this franchise knew this had to happen.

As a Wolves follower I do not expect anything major right away and he is going to grow on the job. I just hope he has thick skin.

Possibly gonna be the biggest bust of all time.

Quote that

And that right there is the power of the media. Rubio has been "created" as being the next HOF point guard for over two years running...so if and when he comes over here and struggles out of the gate he will be anointed the next bust. It's comical how that works.

Anyone who follows ball and Rubio knows he has tremendous skills and also has flaws and also is still young. If you pay attention you never heap major praise on him because, well, no one knows. But dude has been talked up so much the past two years by everyone but himself that the sharks have circled and if this dude doesnt average 10 APG his rookie year he is trash and get the flame suit ready.  God I cannot wait for that.

The Wolves?  They are in fine position simply because the day Rubio walks into the building he is a better guard than anyone they have. And they will take that. We're all interested to see what the kid will be able to do in an NBA offense. The Wolves so far have done their part....they got him over here (something they always said was happening), they started to tailor the roster to his skills last year, and they are apparently dumping Rambis and his quasi triangle offense and are likely bringing in someone who will let Rubio play. And lastly the team has a guy fans are going to now come out to see and this franchise knew this had to happen.

As a Wolves follower I do not expect anything major right away and he is going to grow on the job. I just hope he has thick skin.

Originally Posted by Ecook0808

Originally Posted by Zyzz

Originally Posted by SaintVitus07

Even better... look at Brandon Jennings numbers over there and make a comment like that. Rubio won't be a savior but he'll put ##%*% in seats and he's a hell of a better pure pg than Flynn. Flynn's basura.
naw Jennings just sucks period

My man Steve Cash always calling out BJ smh...
hes just not that good. a lot will agree.

and to the dude that said hes on the wrong team.....
roll.gif

Originally Posted by Ecook0808

Originally Posted by Zyzz

Originally Posted by SaintVitus07

Even better... look at Brandon Jennings numbers over there and make a comment like that. Rubio won't be a savior but he'll put ##%*% in seats and he's a hell of a better pure pg than Flynn. Flynn's basura.
naw Jennings just sucks period

My man Steve Cash always calling out BJ smh...
hes just not that good. a lot will agree.

and to the dude that said hes on the wrong team.....
roll.gif

Back
Top Bottom