Rihanna delivers the ether

laugh.gif

Originally Posted by Josednk1068

Originally Posted by RavageBX

I feel like Rihanna does these kinds of things because she knows her singing career is lacking ...
Bruh, you're talking about one of the biggest pops stars out. Be serious.
Ya'll read into all this stuff too much. Rihanna says something nice ya'll will call her fake. She says something edgy and its "contrived badassness." Who really cares? Let these celebs cook lol.

In terms of her singing career I don't think you know what you are talking about sir, She has lackluster sales and on her last tour they were thinking about cancelling dates because they couldn't fill the seats...

lackluster sales? lets take a look at her last album
[h3]Certifications[/h3][table][tr][th=""]Country (Provider)[/th][th=""]Certification[/th][/tr][tr][th="row"]Australia (ARIA)[sup][167][/sup][/th][td]Platinum[/td][/tr][tr][th="row"]Belgium (BEA)[sup][167][/sup][/th][td]Gold[/td][/tr][tr][th="row"]Brazil (ABPD)[sup][168][/sup][/th][td]Platinum[/td][/tr][tr][th="row"]Denmark (IFPI)[sup][169][/sup][/th][td]Gold[/td][/tr][tr][th="row"]Europe (IFPI)[sup][170][/sup][/th][td]Platinum[/td][/tr][tr][th="row"]France (SNEP)[/th][td]Platinum[/td][/tr][tr][th="row"]Germany (BVMI)[sup][171][/sup][/th][td]Gold[/td][/tr][tr][th="row"]Ireland (IRMA)[sup][172][/sup][/th][td]3× Platinum[/td][/tr][tr][th="row"]Italy (FIMI)[sup][173][/sup][/th][td]Gold[/td][/tr][tr][th="row"]Japan (RIAJ)[sup][174][/sup][/th][td]Gold[/td][/tr][tr][th="row"]New Zealand (RIANZ)[sup][175][/sup][sup][176][/sup][/th][td]Platinum[/td][/tr][tr][th="row"]Poland (ZPAV)[sup][177][/sup][/th][td]Platinum[/td][/tr][tr][th="row"]Spain (PROMUSICAE)[sup][178][/sup][/th][td]Gold[/td][/tr][tr][th="row"]Switzerland (IFPI)[sup][179][/sup][/th][td]Platinum[/td][/tr][tr][th="row"]United Kingdom (BPI)[sup][104][/sup][/th][td]2× Platinum[/td][/tr][tr][th="row"]United States (RIAA)[sup][180][/sup][/th][td]Platinum[/td][/tr][/table]

NTers stay talking out their $@% about !*!% they dont know 
laugh.gif

laugh.gif
anyways i like this side of Rihanna 
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

I hate Rihanna. I think she is a really terrible person and a horrible role model that all these little girls look up to.

Originally Posted by RavageBX

I feel like Rihanna does these kinds of things because she knows her singing career is lacking ...
Bruh, you're talking about one of the biggest pops stars out. Be serious.
Ya'll read into all this stuff too much. Rihanna says something nice ya'll will call her fake. She says something edgy and its "contrived badassness." Who really cares? Let these celebs cook lol.

In terms of her singing career I don't think you know what you are talking about sir, She has lackluster sales and on her last tour they were thinking about cancelling dates because they couldn't fill the seats...

http://www.nypost.com/p/pagesix/slow_going_for_rihanna_tour_7mP3MdUhYJQQKzKQQnHMrN

http://thecelebritycafe.com/feature/rihanna-and-mary-j-blige-album-sales-look-low-11-26-2011
Album sales. In 2012? 
AND she's Platinum +? 

I don't think you know what YOU'RE talking about sir. She had the biggest record less than 6 months ago ("We Found Love") and her downloads are through the roof. 

Stop. 

You guys do know how the music industry works right, a lot of those figures are not from real consumer sales and you have to also take in that most of her albums electronic downloads were offered at a very steep discount too ... but take it for what it is

You guys do know how the music industry works right, a lot of those figures are not from real consumer sales and you have to also take in that most of her albums electronic downloads were offered at a very steep discount too ... but take it for what it is

roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
typical NTer..can never admit when theyre wrong

We found love wouldn't have done anything without Calvin Harris. Why do you think it did so well in Europe? Not because of her
laugh.gif

It's 2012 and you're still talking about albums. 
I work in the music industry and we barely do that. 

You buggin'. Stop. 

Originally Posted by MPLSdunk

We found love wouldn't have done anything without Calvin Harris. Why do you think it did so well in Europe? Not because of her
laugh.gif

I saw his name featured but never heard his voice. 
nerd.gif

Originally Posted by illphillip

You buggin'. Stop. 
Ok lets move away from the albums then, how do you justify her having to cancel venues on her tour due to low ticket sales?

laugh.gif

He wrote and produced it. He doesn't sing on it. 

You think the 4 Million people in AMERICA that downloaded that record did it because of Calvin Harris? 

Who the !+!% was talking about Europe?  

Do you guys think before you type?

The majority of the American music consumer base just now getting more familiar with Calvin because of "Feel So Close" exploding at Radio and "Let's Go" with Ne-Yo on it's way to doing the same. 

Fall back. Trust me when I tell you I'm more familiar with this subject than you are. 

You buggin'. Stop. 
Ok lets move away from the albums then, how do you justify her having to cancel venues on her tour due to low ticket sales?
OK so you were wrong about sales. Cool. 
I don't have to justify it. It happens. It happens to a LOT of artists. You're talking about a few select cities over the course of an entire TOUR. 
You're throwing these articles at me in a vacuum. I have no idea what was happening around that tour or in those cites when all that went down. 

A tour is not solely about the headliner. It's about the whole tour. Look a Drake's Club Paradise Tour. There are MULTIPLE artists on there people would buy tickets for. That's how you sell tickets. 

But maybe she sucks live. 

And maybe that tour shouldn't have ever been in those markets. Not every tour needs to hit every secondary city. But that actually happens more than you think. 

You buggin'. Stop. 

lol...broad goes on tour every single year...only diehard fans is shelling out money every single time...that doesn't say much about her career though...she has more Top 10 singles then any female artist or something like that 
laugh.gif

You buggin'. Stop. 

I don't have to justify it. It happens. It happens to a LOT of artists. You're talking about a few select cities over the course of an entire TOUR. 
You're throwing these articles at me in a vacuum. I have no idea what was happening around that tour or in those cites when all that went down. 

A tour is not solely about the headliner. It's about the whole tour. Look a Drake's Club Paradise Tour. There are MULTIPLE artists on there people would buy tickets for. That's how you sell tickets. 

But maybe she sucks live. 

And maybe that tour shouldn't have ever been in those markets. Not every tour needs to hit every secondary city. But that actually happens more than you think. 
Nice response
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

But anyway, not saying you necessarily said it but someone in this thread touted her the biggest pop artist and everyone was up in arms when I made my initial comments. All I gotta say is in my time never seen the largest pop artist in the US have a problem selling out their tour in minutes ...

No wonder breezy went upside this birds head... im not advocating puttin hands on anyyyy females. But he did a dece job picki. Which one to hit wit the two peice n biscuit

laugh.gif
Dude. I work with Calvin Harris. 

You think the 4 Million people in AMERICA that downloaded that record did it because of Calvin Harris? 

Who the %#!+ was talking about Europe?  

The majority of the American music consumer base just now getting more familiar with Calvin because of "Feel So Close" exploding at Radio and "Let's Go" with Ne-Yo on it's way to doing the same. 

Fall back. 

Shut up son I wasn't even talking to you. I was referring to it going 3x plat in Ireland and such. Yes Calvin Harris is a trance producer from Scotland I realize that idiot. I'm a fan of his. His producing it made the song a hit. Yeah she would have done numbers regardless but not like she did thanks to him.

Originally Posted by oidreez

and yall say she looks better than angela simmons smh
She is much better looking than Angela. Angela looks like a younger version of her dad with long hair, and she talks like him too...

laugh.gif
Dude. I work with Calvin Harris. 

Who the %#!+ was talking about Europe?  

Fall back. 

Shut up son I wasn't even talking to you. I was referring to it going 3x plat in Ireland and such. Yes Calvin Harris is a trance producer from Scotland I realize that idiot. I'm a fan of his. His producing it made the song a hit. Yeah she would have done numbers regardless but not like she did thanks to him.

Probably the easiest way to spot a lame.....

The dude that tells someone to "shut up" on a message board. 

I don't care if you were talking to me. I was talking to you in regards to your foolish statement. 

if you were referring to Ireland, maybe you need to articulate yourself better. Then I won't have to son you. 

Calvin is a "trance" producer? What in the HELL are you talking about? And you're a "fan"? You sound like the idiot now. 

So I guess "Only Girl" was a hit because of Sandy Vee right? +!+@ atta here. Producers have a lot to do with the success of a record. But so does the artist who already has 3 Million some odd fans. 

Sit yo' #%+ down.

Back
Top Bottom