RIM Trying To Step It Up! Will They Rise? Vol. Or Fall Of The Rim Company On The Rise?

Originally Posted by ddouble

Originally Posted by 10 Piece Nuggets

Originally Posted by rowenarrow

Why is it that BB lovers always talk about its keyboard and BBM, thats it? Seriously, to love the product is cool and I knock no one for it, but face the facts. it is an inferior product. I hope they can build a better product that can compete, but we will see. My money is on its end.

If you wanna be technical, yeah its inferior specs wise.
But some people just need the basics. The Blackberry has the best keyboard IMO, other keyboards, especially on phones like the G2 feel awkward to hold. Add that with subperb battery life and I got a dependable, solid phone. The basics, thats all ive been trying to say. 
laugh.gif

This
BB's has a solid foundation but obviously they can't just use that to keep there customers. They have to be up to date with the hardware and software specs wise.
 Also why are people complaining about how they look. Iphone's have only changed once. No one complained about that.

I think they would lose more market share slowly but not plummet to there death like some people think.
This

Originally Posted by ddouble

Originally Posted by 10 Piece Nuggets

Originally Posted by rowenarrow

Why is it that BB lovers always talk about its keyboard and BBM, thats it? Seriously, to love the product is cool and I knock no one for it, but face the facts. it is an inferior product. I hope they can build a better product that can compete, but we will see. My money is on its end.

If you wanna be technical, yeah its inferior specs wise.
But some people just need the basics. The Blackberry has the best keyboard IMO, other keyboards, especially on phones like the G2 feel awkward to hold. Add that with subperb battery life and I got a dependable, solid phone. The basics, thats all ive been trying to say. 
laugh.gif

This
BB's has a solid foundation but obviously they can't just use that to keep there customers. They have to be up to date with the hardware and software specs wise.
 Also why are people complaining about how they look. Iphone's have only changed once. No one complained about that.

I think they would lose more market share slowly but not plummet to there death like some people think.
This

I'm actually looking at BB for my next phone. I don't want another all touch screen phone and I don't want any of those Moto Droids.
So as of now BB really seems like my only option.

I'm actually looking at BB for my next phone. I don't want another all touch screen phone and I don't want any of those Moto Droids.
So as of now BB really seems like my only option.

I think RIM will stay the same as it is now, if not dip a little.
Nowadays, the market is composed of more people, like teenagers or young adults, who wants "fun" smartphones, and I don't blame them. Apple and Android are the best in that department, and RIM just cannot match them.

But as for me, and many other Blackberry users, multimedia, applications, and games, are not what we use our phones mainly for.
ohwell.gif

Nowadays, the market is composed of more people, like teenagers or young adults, who wants "fun" smartphones, and I don't blame them. Apple and Android are the best in that department, and RIM just cannot match them.

But as for me, and many other Blackberry users, multimedia, applications, and games, are not what we use our phones mainly for.
ohwell.gif

Originally Posted by VietStar

ohwell.gif
word, my email/text/phone usage is perfectly fine.

the web browsing is a little iffy but thats why i have a home computer, i do very min browsing.

the iphone/android market is winning in terms of apps, thats pretty much it, but my phone decision doesnt come down to  if i can play angry birds or not
grin.gif

Originally Posted by VietStar

ohwell.gif
word, my email/text/phone usage is perfectly fine.

the web browsing is a little iffy but thats why i have a home computer, i do very min browsing.

the iphone/android market is winning in terms of apps, thats pretty much it, but my phone decision doesnt come down to  if i can play angry birds or not
grin.gif

A few years ago when there were like 3 android devices and the iphone, it was cool for rim to take the bmw approach (if it works then dont change it) but now in 2011 where there a zillion android devices with all kinds of features and the iphone on two networks with game changing features, it is time for them to stop being so cocky and develop a device that will bring the interest back. Sure RIM worldwide is still doing the thang because of their huge business clientele but those days are numbered.
The storm is the phone they need to revamp dramatically and get some developers to make some useful apps imo

if the storm was made into "that" device and put on each network we could see a shift...but noooooooo they are developing another storm on the same verizon who now has the iphone, droid x, and fascinate. smh

A few years ago when there were like 3 android devices and the iphone, it was cool for rim to take the bmw approach (if it works then dont change it) but now in 2011 where there a zillion android devices with all kinds of features and the iphone on two networks with game changing features, it is time for them to stop being so cocky and develop a device that will bring the interest back. Sure RIM worldwide is still doing the thang because of their huge business clientele but those days are numbered.
The storm is the phone they need to revamp dramatically and get some developers to make some useful apps imo

if the storm was made into "that" device and put on each network we could see a shift...but noooooooo they are developing another storm on the same verizon who now has the iphone, droid x, and fascinate. smh

VietStar wrote:

VietStar wrote:

rim has a very loyal core
there are still more subscribers to rim than iphone or android
and rim doesnt need a phone with dual cores or 18 megapixel cameras thats not what we want
believe me those specs have crackberry addicts licking their chops
that blackberry bold will be mine , we are not into all those bells and whistles
its about email and functionality and nobody does it better than rim

rim has a very loyal core
there are still more subscribers to rim than iphone or android
and rim doesnt need a phone with dual cores or 18 megapixel cameras thats not what we want
believe me those specs have crackberry addicts licking their chops
that blackberry bold will be mine , we are not into all those bells and whistles
its about email and functionality and nobody does it better than rim

Iphone is a great phone I see why people love it for my needs it was just a waste.  if you are big on pictures, videos, web than you should get an iphone.
I need keyboard for fast typing for email text, iphone i just want good on it.  I need long battery life.  I dont care that the BB hasnt really changed much over the years.  the only changes i want is smaller/thinner

Iphone is a great phone I see why people love it for my needs it was just a waste.  if you are big on pictures, videos, web than you should get an iphone.
I need keyboard for fast typing for email text, iphone i just want good on it.  I need long battery life.  I dont care that the BB hasnt really changed much over the years.  the only changes i want is smaller/thinner

Originally Posted by Air273

Exactly.

No one does a keyboard and messaging better. Its just a rational device. Everything works how I want it to work. Its easy to customize. It just works. its practical. Why should I want a touch phone??? Theres NO reason to have that...

Originally Posted by Air273

Exactly.

No one does a keyboard and messaging better. Its just a rational device. Everything works how I want it to work. Its easy to customize. It just works. its practical. Why should I want a touch phone??? Theres NO reason to have that...

Back
Top Bottom