RIP George Floyd

IMG_20200614_174221.jpg

Powerful cover

Shouldn't take away from the fact a lot of publications and networks were guilty of putting many of these victims on trial in the court of public opinion for their own deaths in defense of law enforcement in the immediate aftermaths.

These symbolic acknowledgements of the issue from businesses along with legacy and mainstream media are cool but they'd hit even harder in times when it's not as fashionable to be amplify activism and efforts for justice.

I'm not discarding them completely though as they do serve a purpose and help to push the needle in the right direction in the long run.

Just a lot tougher but more impactful during times when righteousness and pushes for social justice are more controversial imo

someone once said, "you can do your best to reform a piece of ****, but at the end of the day, it's still a piece of ****."

i believe this logic applies to the concept of police reform.
Gotta tear it all down and start from scratch...That’s the only real “reform”, the premise of policing in this country was based on slavery and keeping down a group of people, cant get much better if that’s the base you starting from

Excuse me if this comes off as ignorant but this black trans lives matters march today is rubbing me the wrong way. Why are we sectioning off black people into separate movements? The lives of all sexual preferences of black people fall under the umbrella of BLM. No reason to have a black lesbian lives matter, black European lives matter etc. it's distracting from the bigger picture.

Excuse me if this comes off as ignorant but this black trans lives matters march today is rubbing me the wrong way. Why are we sectioning off black people into separate movements? The lives of all sexual preferences of black people fall under the umbrella of BLM. No reason to have a black lesbian lives matter, black European lives matter etc. it's distracting from the bigger picture.

While I agree with you. I think there has been an uptick in black trans hate crimes and therefore people have included that in this movement.

I'm seeing UK is about that life, beating up on racists daily.. Think we need to step up. We've been getting their jobs, but need MORE

Apparently Kamala Harris It's in his final group of VP picks. Well I think she's a fantastic candidate, it would be extremely tone deaf for him to pick a former prosecutor as his VP at a time like this.

She's awful. I hope he doesn't fall for the okie doke just because she black. She's Candace Owens black.

Rayshard Brooks went from telling Atlanta officer about visiting mother's grave to being fatally shot: Video
Before being shot to death by an Atlanta police officer in the parking lot of a fast food restaurant, Rayshard Brooks had a cordial conversation about being in the area to visit his mother's grave and to celebrate one of his young daughter's birthdays, according to a series of videos released by officials.

The shooting of Brooks, who is black, on Friday night sparked new protests and an arson fire at the Wendy's where the confrontation started and escalated into the use of lethal force. It came on the heels of days of protests in Atlanta and across the nation over the officer-involved killing of George Floyd in Minneapolis.

Initial autopsy results released Sunday evening by the Fulton County Medical Examiner said that Brooks died from two gunshot wounds to his back that "created organ injuries and blood loss," and that the manner of death was a homicide.

The fatal episode led to the resignation of Atlanta Police Chief Erika Shields on Saturday, the firing of the officer who shot and killed Brooks and the other officer involved being yanked from the streets and placed on administrative leave.

Back
Top Bottom