RIP George Floyd

A lot of you guys are not looking at that situation objectively. A knife is a deadly object. Office saw knife being swung and girl lunging at other girl. How did the girl have time to get the knife but not time to stay in the house until the police came or how did she get the knife?

What if you were a concealed carry holder and saw someone lunging at your daughter with a knife? "oh maybe the knife wound wont be that bad"

Here in chicago just last week an office shot a 13 year old boy once in the chest who died after chasing him down. The 13 year old had a gun in his hand.

The situation sucks all around

Yeah dude refuses to use any logic

ohhh aim at the knees!
Ohhh I’ll take my chances getting stabbed up, as long as my attacker doesn’t get shot
Oohhhh the cop should have assessed the situation better in 15 seconds

logic is completely out the window.

if I saw someone lunging at my daughter with a knife, I don't trust my aim enough to not shoot my daughter as well. Which is why I probably won't let off 5 rounds above the waist. It depends on how close my daughter is to the assailant. If she is already being stabbed then all bets are off but close lunging and me firing in the general direction 5 times can easily end in me killing my daughter.

Well sir are you a cop? Part of a cops job is to be able to aim his/her weapon properly...trained to shoot center mass and that is exactly what he did....

before you think I’m blindly defending a cop, I AM NOT...I’m looking at this situation objectively and keeping my emotions out of it.

There's no way he comes in there blasting 4 or 5 rounds if this was a white fight.

We really don’t know that...but I totally get why cops in general have pinned themselves up for all of us to immediately assume they have a racial bias in their actions.

Well sir are you a cop? Part of a cops job is to be able to aim his/her weapon properly...trained to shoot center mass and that is exactly what he did....

before you think I’m blindly defending a cop, I AM NOT...I’m looking at this situation objectively and keeping my emotions out of it.

I'm a gun owner and I know the difference between a gun and a taser, which apparently makes me far more qualified than the police.

If you were looking at this objectively you would apply other very likely scenarios of how badly this could have ended for bystanders. You would have also considered scenarios were the least possible lethal action could have been used. People who work in fields like I do were a human life or death is in your hands have to make these decisions, and the police training in this country falls short. Add bias to already poor training and it's a recipe for disaster.

Im sad the girl is dead and its obvious the cop was trigger happy.

No way he gets charged for this.

I actually would like to see the parents face some charges.

Becareful putting blame on the parents, last time I tried to do that, NT wasn’t having it...and yes I agree, if those are her parents standing there, this is on them for lack of awareness....seem like the dad swung a kick at the first chick his daughter knocked down.

BDW watching that video, I didn't initially see a knife. If the cops mental acumen was that great were he picked up on the knife the second he came out of the car, he should have had enough quick thinking to approach in a way that was less deadly.

I think the cop just shot at someone lunging. Then we retroactively looked at images of the knife and are drawing conclusions based on that. If I didn't already know the assailant had a knife and you showed me this body cam I wouldn't have seen it.

Becareful putting blame on the parents, last time I tried to do that, NT wasn’t having it...and yes I agree, if those are her parents standing there, this is on them for lack of awareness....seem like the dad swung a kick at the first chick his daughter knocked down.

You can place blame on the parents without calling for jail time. You tried to say the parents should be locked up, which is what people took issue with. Lock the parents up for something trivial without thinking of how it affects the children.

I'm a gun owner and I know the difference between a gun and a taser, which apparently makes me far more qualified.

If you were looking at this objectively you would apply other very likely scenarios of how badly this could have ended for bystanders. You would have also considered scenarios were the least possible lethal action could have been used. People who work in fields like I do were a human life or death is in your hands have to make these decisions, and the police training in this country falls short. Add bias to already poor training and it's a recipe for disaster.

my job is literally to save lives everytime I clock in...so I know about the responsibility....you being a gun owner doesn’t make you better skilled than a cop, that is literally one of the the things cops get paid for...how many scenarios can you possibly consider in 10 seconds bro? Be realistic man, at the point when dude got out his squad car, less than 5 seconds later he saw a girl lunging at another with a lethal weapon....there was no time to think, simply act...you really playing too many video games acting like the cop was on bullet time or some ****.

You can place blame on the parents without calling for jail time. You tried to say the parents should be locked up, which is what people took issue with. Lock the parents up for something trivial without thinking of how it affects the children.

Look at what I quoted, he said he’d like to see the parents face some charges....

I’m convinced you are simply here just to argue aimlessly....have a good day.

my job is literally to save lives everytime I clock in...so I know about the responsibility....you being a gun owner doesn’t make you better skilled than a cop, that is literally one of the the things cops get paid for...how many scenarios can you possibly consider in 10 seconds bro? Be realistic man, at the point when dude got out his squad car, less than 5 seconds later he saw a girl lunging at another with a lethal weapon....there was no time to think, simply act...you really playing too many video games acting like the cop was on bullet time or some ****.

It wasn't that there was no time to think. The issue is he literally wasn't thinking at all.

It takes 6 months to become a cop. I've had more training with firearms than that under my belt. I'm also educated which automatically takes me out of the pool of the monkeys they let become cops in this country.

Lol @ anyone saying they’d have ANY concern for the life of the person trying to kill their kid...couldn’t be me, anyone poses a threat to my kids life if I had one, that person is getting put down however I possibly can.

I said I would have concern for my child if I had to fire in that direction, so I wouldn't let off 5 rounds above the waist like a maniac.

It wasn't that there was no time to think. The issue is he literally wasn't thinking at all.

It takes 6 months to become a cop. I've had more training with firearms than that under my belt. I'm also educated which automatically takes me out of the pool of the monkeys they let become cops in this country.

You right, he wasn’t thinking at all, because THERE WAS NO TIME TO THINK....simply act and while messed up that girl died, I don’t blame the cop in this situation....because there is at least one other girl who still breathing because of his decision.

Look at what I quoted, he said he’d like to see the parents face some charges....

I’m convinced you are simply here just to argue aimlessly....have a good day.

So you want the parents to have a criminal record, which will undoubtably affect their job prospects in the future and affect their ability to take care of their kids. It sounds like you don't think about consequences, yet you're the one accusing people of thinking off emotions. :lol: :lol: :lol:

There is no excuse for this. Knife attacks are rampant in the U.K. Yet the cops manage to diffuse a lot of these situations without murdering people.

If I were getting attacked with a knife, I don't think I'd want the cops shooting at my assailant. If I get shot by accident, I'd be another statistic of gun violence.

I’d say it’s extremely rare for police to be on the scene when a knife attack is actually in progress.

It’s one thing to have de-escalation procedures for someone who is brandishing a weapon but when that person is actively moving on somebody with intent your only real options are taser or gun.

So you want the parents to have a criminal record, which will undoubtably affect their job prospects in the future and affect their ability to take care of their kids. It sounds like you don't think about consequences, yet you're the one accusing people of thinking off emotions. :lol: :lol: :lol:

hey I’m simply co-signing what someone else stated on here, parents are present so it seems, adults, who should be equipped to have diffused whatever situation led to this long before the cops arrived, their incompetence as parents to even allow their 15 year old to get ahold of a knife and lunge at another girl right in front of them is more to blame for their kids death than the cops actions.

Back
Top Bottom