RIP Nate Dogg

Originally Posted by damnitzdom

Originally Posted by Nash

Originally Posted by DCAllAmerican

You dudes won't miss him. You don't know him. He hasn't been relevant for years. What you will miss about him you can go back and listen to.

But RIP

indifferent.gif
 Incredibly disrespectful.

Seriously. Ric Flair hasn't been relevant for quite some time either.

Checkmate

People really in here acting like Nate Dogg isn't missed? For real? He was missed way before he died, so @%+ is your point? You do know that he fell from relevance because of health problems and not because he fell off right? Remember when T-Pain blew up? All you heard was ppl asking where the hell is Nate Dogg to save us from this autotune trash. Dude is a legend and the least you can do is pay homage or sthu. And yes I'm talking to you DC.

Originally Posted by RavageBX

People really in here acting like Nate Dogg isn't missed? For real? He was missed way before he died, so @%+ is your point? You do know that he fell from relevance because of health problems and not because he fell off right? Remember when T-Pain blew up? All you heard was ppl asking where the hell is Nate Dogg to save us from this autotune trash. Dude is a legend and the least you can do is pay homage or sthu. And yes I'm talking to you DC.

I know that's what I'm saying. I don't know what the hell DC's talkin about. I've been wanting Nate to come back and make more music, but I understood that he's been sick for years now. 

You dudes won't miss him. You don't know him. He hasn't been relevant for years. What you will miss about him you can go back and listen to.

But
Unnecessary.

RIP Nate.

Originally Posted by TruthGetsBusy

Originally Posted by North Dade Represent

But RIP

Technically, that's correct. I don't really miss Michael Jackson and he's one of the most influential musicians in my life. But it does hurt a little to see a great entertainer pass away. Especially, if you're not religious.

You only really miss celebrities when they die in their prime. If they're well past it, then their passing may sadden you, but you really don't miss them, per se.

My dude DC is so real with it.
pimp.gif

- ALWAYS.

.....most folks just dont like the truth. i too felt the same about MJ, expressed it in the MJ thread and cats got HEATED
roll.gif

But RIP
Technically, that's correct. I don't really miss Michael Jackson and he's one of the most influential musicians in my life. But it does hurt a little to see a great entertainer pass away. Especially, if you're not religious.

You only really miss celebrities when they die in their prime. If they're well past it, then their passing may sadden you, but you really don't miss them, per se.
pimp.gif

yup.
had that best of Nate mix everyone is circulating now since it came out.

I don't think he's done anything since then.

people just wanna hear themselves say RIP.

edit:
I said this at a party yesterday actually,

bunch of non die hard hiphop fans saying they're going to miss Nate Dogg and they only know his work with Eminem and on The Chronic 2001 
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

they didnt even know about his first big stroke,

thats when I assumed we wouldnt get new music from him.

hes def appreciated, but you might as well say his legacy started and career ended with the first stroke

Originally Posted by ThunderChunk69

pimp.gif

.....thats what was killing me about the shock and awe concerning his death. i mean, its pretty much been 'a matter of time' since 2008.

Like others have said, it is easy to turn what I am saying around as if I am some heartless pig. But like my man said above, people just want to be a part of something. People love hearing themselves say, "I miss you", even if it is for someone that they really don't/won't miss. I am 10000% sure none of you dudes thought about Nate Dogg within the last week. The man was publically dead already, we don't know him personally, so he has essentially been dead since he last made noise. Nothing has changed other than his physical body is in the ground. Harsh, I know but it is real. If you want to hear him, go back and listen to what he did in the past because THAT is the reason why you like him. Guess what? Those songs still exist, so how can you miss him? He wasn't putting out anything new. It is easy to jump on me and call me names instead of thinking, "Damn he is right. I don't give a damn about Nate Dogg forreal."

Like others have said, it is easy to turn what I am saying around as if I am some heartless pig. But like my man said above, people just want to be a part of something. People love hearing themselves say, "I miss you", even if it is for someone that they really don't/won't miss. I am 10000% sure none of you dudes thought about Nate Dogg within the last week. The man was publically dead already, we don't know him personally, so he has essentially been dead since he last made noise. Nothing has changed other than his physical body is in the ground. Harsh, I know but it is real. If you want to hear him, go back and listen to what he did in the past because THAT is the reason why you like him. Guess what? Those songs still exist, so how can you miss him? He wasn't putting out anything new. It is easy to jump on me and call me names instead of thinking, "Damn he is right. I don't give a damn about Nate Dogg forreal."

.......be careful DC. you're going into to much detail for these dudes, and you know these dudes cant comprehend and dont like to read. you keep it up and someones going to hit the report button and call you a troll (if it hasnt happened already)
laugh.gif

- most of the cats on here can't handle conversation for the sake of conversation yet they belong to a messageboard
eyes.gif

smh.  So what's really the problem with people writing R.I.P. for people they didnt know?  Whats the problem with people wanting to be part of something?  Everyone does it.  The music is still around which is true but what of the music he could've made if he were still alive?
How can you miss someone?  What if your Ric Flair died today...wouldn't you miss the fact that he's no longer present and he was a legend?

C'mon son I know your trying to be a realist to a good extent in your own mind but in the way your write I feel like "going against the crowd" is your motto.  It's your opinion so your right in your own mind atleast.

R.I.P. to Nate Dogg.

Originally Posted by ThunderChunk69

pimp.gif

yup.
had that best of Nate mix everyone is circulating now since it came out.

I don't think he's done anything since then.

people just wanna hear themselves say RIP.

edit:
I said this at a party yesterday actually,

bunch of non die hard hiphop fans saying they're going to miss Nate Dogg and they only know his work with Eminem and on The Chronic 2001 
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

thats when I assumed we wouldnt get new music from him.

hes def appreciated, but you might as well say his legacy started and career ended with the first stroke
I knew this, but as a fan I was hopeful that we get more music from him. I just felt that DC was saying NO ONE is gonna miss him. C'mon son... 

Originally Posted by seasoned vet

TruthGetsBusy wrote:

North Dade Represent wrote:

pimp.gif

- ALWAYS.

.....most folks just dont like the truth. i too felt the same about MJ, expressed it in the MJ thread and cats got HEATED
roll.gif

Just the truth DC, i don't know how people cried so much over Michael Jackson. I understand about his family and close friends, but fans
30t6p3b.gif

There is a difference in the saying "HE WILL BE MISSED"....and "I WILL MISS HIM". I'm not about to go through all 16 pages of this post, but for the first few pages that I did read that's what I saw.

So yes Nate Dogg WILL BE MISSED by his family, friends, loved ones, etc....that's a fact. In a RIP thread, basically people just come through to show their respect and maybe share something positive about the life of someone that's no longer here. You want to have a discussion about specific comments that people make when a celebrity passes away then the easiest thing to do is to just create your own thread about that. Otherwise, what's your point? There is none other than shock value/attention whoring

As I said, I don't even know what Ric Flair is up to right now. So if he died, I wouldn't miss him. Why? Because what he did in the 80s and late 90s is what shaped my opinion on him. He has been non-existent for over 15 years in my eyes. The point of my original point was people claiming they miss someone that is WAY PAST their prime, hell in this case, way past doing ANYTHING.

If Will Bynum died right now, I would miss watching him play because he is currently doing something. If he was retired and I hadn't heard from him in over 10 years why should I claim I miss him if I didn't even know he was alive?

Hope that makes more sense.

Originally Posted by JD214

i don't know how people cried so much over Michael Jackson. I understand about his family and close friends, but fans
30t6p3b.gif
Let's not even get into that. I made a thread on here around that time and dudes damn near jumped through the monitor telling me I was heartless. Grown men, crying because Mike died? Come on now. That was a JOKE. Dudes just want to APPEAR to have a heart. I doubt those dudes really cried though. If they did...............
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by JD214

i don't know how people cried so much over Michael Jackson. I understand about his family and close friends, but fans
30t6p3b.gif
Let's not even get into that. I made a thread on here around that time and dudes damn near jumped through the monitor telling me I was heartless. Grown men, crying because Mike died? Come on now. That was a JOKE. Dudes just want to APPEAR to have a heart. I doubt those dudes really cried though. If they did...............
laugh.gif

I shedded tears my man...it was pretty sad if you ask me. I grew up with Mike, after school I dressed up as Mike (weird, i know) everday, practiced and watched Mike all day...A piece of my childhood def died the day MJ passed away.

Back
Top Bottom