RIP New York Hip-Hop? (Need Some Feedback)

Re uppin this post cause that new Remy and Fat Joe joint got a 90's new york vibe to me with the horns.

Re uppin this post cause that new Remy and Fat Joe joint got a 90's new york vibe to me with the horns.
I heard them on 3 interviews/podcasts hype that song to no end....then I finally listened and was thoroughly underwhelmed...I really wanted to like it but it just does not hit for me. 

i can't front Fat Joe def got one with that... it's already being used in NBA adds, as summer comes along that song is gonna continue to go

Yeah, I'm not buying that NY sound. The beat sounds just like the rest of the **** on the radio. They're trying too hard to say it's a NY record. I wanted to like it but couldn't.

What exactly do you want a "NYC" record to sound like man, and while i do agree it does have a similar vibe to a lot of the other production out it isn't a complete ripoff like alot of these songs are sounding like now.

It's a hot song from 3 NYC artist who personify a lot of NYC in their image

Song is ard.

French bothers me because I KNOW he can rap better than what he does majority of the time :smh:

Fab has SEVERAL records over the past two years that if pushed correctly would be hits.. The real ons joint with the Lauren sample has HIT written all over it but maybe they couldn't keep the sample.

What exactly do you want a "NYC" record to sound like man, and while i do agree it does have a similar vibe to a lot of the other production out it isn't a complete ripoff like alot of these songs are sounding like now.

It's a hot song from 3 NYC artist who personify a lot of NYC in their image

I don't like how it's being labeled and forced as a NY song. Beat sounds just like everything else. I stopped listening to French years ago. Don't know if he's actually mentally handicap or if it's an act but I can't rock with it. Remy is still my girl and Fat Joe is Boricua so I'll always rock with them. I hope the album sounds better than the song but it's not an NY song.

People can hate on French all they want, but he hasn't missed yet on any mixtape he's put out

French literally has atleast 3-4 full albums worth of material that has a NYC feeling to it, but dudes will continue to say he just drops southern influenced records.

French literally has atleast 3-4 full albums worth of material that has a NYC feeling to it, but dudes will continue to say he just drops southern influenced records.

Records. As in singles. Nobody is listening to a French Montana album in full. So they will judge him on what they hear. Which most of the time are southern influenced records. Take the "Moses" track :lol: :smh:. It's produced by 808 Mafia, Features Migos, and French raps in one of Future's flows.

French X Harry Fraud are dope though :pimp:. And I'm by no means an NYC hip hop hater. I enjoy it all. Hell, my SN is named after Max B :lol:. I just call the Fk sht in music how I see it when I see it.

Records. As in singles. Nobody is listening to a French Montana album in full. So they will judge him on what they hear. Which most of the time are southern influenced records. Take the "Moses" track :lol: :smh:. It's produced by 808 Mafia, Features Migos, and French raps in one of Future's flows.

French X Harry Fraud are dope though :pimp:. And I'm by no means an NYC hip hop hater. I enjoy it all. Hell, my SN is named after Max B :lol:. I just call the Fk sht in music how I see it when I see it.

I personally know many people who listen to French projects, from young ****** too old. And also considering he drops PLENTY of videos off of these mixtapes and those rack up a couple of hundred of thousands of views, clearly people follow french music, but i digress.

As far as NYC artist go they just need to stick to there whatever sound they feel like, make the good music and not chase the charts. It's a simple formula & has proven to be successful for several people over the past few years, 70% of these cats have one big single do club tours for a few months and then it's forever finito.

That's why i was impressed with the dave east tape, because i swore they were gonna have him chasing a smash rather then it happening organically & the tape did the exact opposite and proved to be fire.

French definitely has some NY sound. That's why I used to **** with him. Now, he actually sounds mentally challenged. I just can't get into his new ****. Don't know if he smoked himself stupid or if it's an act but I'm cool. I bought Dave East's album, I did my job to support that NY sound I miss.

IMO French over the past two years has done nothing but get better... Wave Gods might be my favorite project this year

sick.gif
pimp.gif

Last edited:
:pimp:

Check out hus kingpin too he's with them too

And roc marciano himselft is all the ny music I need Foreal :pimp:

Back
Top Bottom