RIP New York Hip-Hop? (Need Some Feedback)

Damn hopefully they don't try and end him.

Was peeping this Clark Kent interview and he made a valid point about Rappers (which i think effects NYC much more). Dudes who are lyrical and can give you a dope freestyle over someone elses beat all have the ability to make great songs, but the PRODUCER is lacking. Dudes just be getting beats and have no one to actually help shape their lyrics and piece the puzzle together.

39 min onward

10:45 - 13:00 he talks specifically about Dave East inspiring him to produce again.

Last edited:
Smh not a good day for young Bklyn rappers...

But considering he already got 20 months in, he probably gonna end up doing another 4-5 of that 7. dude will come out and still be younger than most rappers who start their career these days

Was peeping this Clark Kent interview and he made a valid point about Rappers (which i think effects NYC much more). Dudes who are lyrical and can give you a dope freestyle over someone elses beat all have the ability to make great songs, but the PRODUCER is lacking. Dudes just be getting beats and have no one to actually help shape their lyrics and piece the puzzle together.

39 min onward

10:45 - 13:00 he talks specifically about Dave East inspiring him to produce again.

NY loves the excuses :lol:

Who in the South is really a traditional Timbo/Puff producer like that. ****** are making hit records off of emails and throwaway Zaytoven beats.

I will say that producers take the blame for not pulling a Lex or Mustard and updating NY with a new signature sound.

What are you talking about fam the man said people can actually Rap go shimmy dab your *** out of this convo it ain't for the rappers you like

Now speaking of New York, this G-Unit mixtape that leaked is actuall a million times better than i expected

Yep. Could do without Kidd Kidd but I wasn't expecting it to be so good either. I think the most telling thing is this is probably the best G-Unit release since the reunion, and has no 50 Cent involvement other than a remix to that terrible Phresher song.

i just can't do Bank's current flow...his old flow is top 5 all time :smh:

Yall not going to act like the new JR. Writer mixtape isn't FIRE :nerd:

I thought my homie was trolling, and gassing me when he told me to check it out. He wasn't. JR sht goes in :lol:

Last edited:
Im from Philly & even i dont agree that Philly currently has more talent than NY right now

You must not listen to the newer guys that aren't on the radio

you must be new to rap or somethin. read this topic for plenty of artists

Since 2000? you know that's 16 years ago right? You're really saying they haven't had anything dope and original in 16 years????

:rofl:
yes like I said 2000... What major has NYC done without the south and the west these new boys out ain't even sound like they from any of the boros new York been eating off the south for years without giving props properly most of the time that ruff ryders Rocafella sound(skibeatz) all thanks to a southern producer or southern schooled producers(swizzbeatz) ... gangstarrs iconic production a southern producer(premier) timbo and the neptunes.. That speaks for its self...

Shout out to El P though. Run The Jewels been the most refreshing **** in Hip Hop to me last few years with a NY bred producer/MC.

And yes, a great Southern MC.

Last edited:
NY loves the excuses :lol:

Who in the South is really a traditional Timbo/Puff producer like that. ****** are making hit records off of emails and throwaway Zaytoven beats.

I will say that producers take the blame for not pulling a Lex or Mustard and updating NY with a new signature sound.

I notice you say a lot of nonsense. It's like you can't have an intelligent discussion and always have to be dismissive, because you can't wrap your brain around it or aren't knowledgeable enough to discuss it.

The south is mostly beat driven. That's the producer. Because it's getting played in the clubs and in cars.

Besides lyrics, New York was known for boom bap rap, your Pete Rock's, Diamond's, RZA's, Havoc's, Large Professor's. That hasn't been around since hip hop went computer and digital.

The south has a sound, Metro Boomin, Sunny Digital, Zaytovan, Mike Will are a part of that sound. Before that Justice League, Shawty Red, Toomp, Polow, Bangladesh, Lex.

Part of that is how many producers Gucci has put on, instead of just working with the same people. The last person trying to put new producers on was Puff. The established new artist besides 50 are working with the same people.

39 min onward

I've brought that up several times. New York hasn't had a go to producer in over ten years. There's been no one where anyone has said, I have to work with him.

People like Illmind, Harry Fraud, Araab and Jahlil(Philly/Chester) got some run.

You just named producers from 20 years ago...when EVERY producer was the Timbo/Puff type producer who guided the entire record...and I'm the one who can't wrap my head around this conversation :lol:

NY blaming the fact that there's no longer a true record producer that exists for NY when that type of producer doesn't exist period outside of a Ye or Travis $cott maybe.

If the South can make hits off of emails then why can't NY?

Last edited:
You just named producers from 20 years ago...when EVERY producer was the Timbo/Puff type producer who guided the entire record...and I'm the one who can't wrap my head around this conversation :lol:

NY blaming the fact that there's no longer a true record producer that exists for NY when that type of producer doesn't exist period outside of a Ye or Travis $cott maybe.

If the South can make hits off of emails then why can't NY?

You aren't built for intelligent discussion.

Since Illmatic what are these entire projects that have been guided? Puff and RZA were the only ones doing it.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom