RIP New York Hip-Hop? (Need Some Feedback)

This joint grew on me

Crazy how Truelife and Future been rocking with each other since the early 00s/Dungeon Family

Just getting a chance to spin East "Karma" mixtape. this really does have a mixtape feeling to it, very different from his regular projects. The rhymes seem a lot less focused than normal & those introspective tracks ain't there.

This tape gives me the feeling of just some ride around music, Joints that the younger crowd would gravitate to more than a , Type of Time, Keishha, Found a way etc etc. I prefer that tho, i hope he's keeping more of those kind of tracks for the album

This was what i was hinting at as far as the new Tape, these kinda tracks aren't really on there, the tape is def more energy based. How You a Gangsta probably the only one in that vein.

With that said, this could very will be his most successful tape to date as far as resignating with a younger generation.. He still spitting well enough & he got laced with some hard beats on here. I wanna see the reaction to this compared to his last EP.

I was expecting it to be called Writer's Block 8 :lol:

Its funny cuz when Dipset came on stage with Asap Mob I was thinking what happened to the other dudes.

Like dudes legit just have to decide this rap **** aint working for them no more.

Last edited:
I thought Vado was about to go when he linked with Khaled. I remember cats was saying Vado about to drop an album before Jae Millz. 2017 both them cats still albumless.

naw, once i seen Acehood flop da 1st time knew Khaled aint have coat tails for his own artists.

Ace Hood at least had like 4 or 5 major singles and features for a 5 year stretch. OT Genesis is equivalent to what Ace Hood was back in the late 00’s-early ‘10s.

I thought Vado was talking off after “Lo Boots”....he seemed to be hip to Chainz and that wave before it really took off. I was wrong :smh:.

Knowing how to make unforced “club records” is a skill and very Key. If Meek didnt have a “Tupac Back”, “I’m a boss” or “House Party”....he’d be Quilly.

Vado never mastered that art of making a “banger”. That joint Club song with cam was terrible. Boss of All bosses was still my **** though.

These are the only two Songs As far as club /Commercial goes right now that i could see grabbing some steam Especially that Ron Browz joint. I think he could get some joints off on that fab type records for the ladies. But actual Club songs in this era especially gonna be hard to do. With that said he's dropped some GREAT records recently & has gotten a lot more introspective.

He's grown a lot in this aspect & i think this is a great pocket for him.

how in the hell do you get a rowdy rebel verse in 2017 :lol:

refuse to believe he just had that many in the stash

Back
Top Bottom