RIP New York Hip-Hop? (Need Some Feedback)

Ace Hood at least had like 4 or 5 major singles and features for a 5 year stretch. OT Genesis is equivalent to what Ace Hood was back in the late 00’s-early ‘10s.

I thought Vado was talking off after “Lo Boots”....he seemed to be hip to Chainz and that wave before it really took off. I was wrong :smh:.

Knowing how to make unforced “club records” is a skill and very Key. If Meek didnt have a “Tupac Back”, “I’m a boss” or “House Party”....he’d be Quilly.

Vado never mastered that art of making a “banger”. That joint Club song with cam was terrible. Boss of All bosses was still my **** though.

once dave east masters this is when he’ll really take off

once dave east masters this is when he’ll really take off

Yup. Dave is 3 hood club records away from really taking off. He needs an “I’m a boss”, “Tupac back”, “house party”.

He outta here if he can drop 2 em 3 consistent east coast bangers that’s get rotation. I’m a big Dave East fan...but he ain’t there yet.

Ironically, “Type of Time” came out TOO EARLY. Only WE were really in tune when that came out. That would get play if he dropped that now as a fresh record...with his image. He should lowkey drop that again with a feature or something like it :lol:.

Cuz that is one of “THEM” records.

Not to say he can't but I don't think Dave will break. I don't think he has the personality for it

Not to say he can't but I don't think Dave will break. I don't think he has the personality for it

I think the opposite. With Meek booked....there’s definitely a lane for east to fill. Cool, Fashionable, East Coast Street rapper with OG co-signs.....basketball connections and rap/street connections in every major city. Problem is....there aren’t really any songs he can “perform” to that are current right now.

He’s to rotation records from reaching hip hop mainstream. He needs to do more features. Outside of one Trey Songs feature....what else have you heard him on?

Def Jam goofin....and relying on his image....rather than really trying to work him.

I never thought much of Vado during that time, so even as a Cam fan I couldn't listen to much of Bosses of All Bosses or whatever it was called. He was just a younger Red Cafe to me.

The last thing DefJam needs to do is have East locked in a studio, being forced to do "radio/club" records. All it does is hurt the artist career and alienate his core. I've seen it happen way too many times at this point. As of right now i think East has been moving correctly & is building his following naturally.

For the life of me I don't understand why this hasn't received a video & a bigger push...

Never thought I'd be looking forward to a JR Writer tape in 2017 when I haven't listened to him since 08 :lol: but Cam's tape was alright and Hell Rell's was very good, so I kind of have expectations for this

73CA7A0C-8F14-48FA-AA30-2DF0178632DC.jpeg

This right here still fire like it came out yesterday. Classic ****

Back
Top Bottom