RIP Nipsey Hussle

I cant Believe a thread about the murder of a man who as far as we know CURRENTLY was only doing amazing things for not only his community but the black community as a whole has become this lol.

****** really in here talking about how the crips always have been thugs ,criminals , etc. without doing A simple google search

Never change NT

Here's an actual first-hand account of the reason for the creation of the Crips that I found if anyone was interested:

https://web.archive.org/web/2007111...mocracynow.org/article.pl?sid=05/11/30/153247

Well, I mean, I stated it in my memoir, Blue Rage, Black Redemption, that we started out -- at least my intent was to, in a sense, address all of the so-called neighboring gangs in the area and to put, in a sense -- I thought I can cleanse the neighborhood of all these, you know, marauding gangs. But I was totally wrong. And eventually, we morphed into the monster we were addressing.

You guys are doing too much. Sometimes it’s just as simple as where you grew up and who your family is.

No one ever woke up one day and said “I wanna be a shotgun crip, where’s the next audition?”

**** all that past and negative noise man frfr. Nip was and has been in the past several years trying to uplift and give back to his community. Whoever is hating on that is a sucker. Probably talking crap and never even donated their time and energy and try to help anyone out besides themselves. Stop writing stuff for attention and reflect on how you can effect change

Show me some of this documentation

I’m not going to do the work for you my guy. There are plenty of books and videos (old ones at that) out there for you to do your own research and base your own conclusions on.

We live in a day and age where folks are so quick to practically say “prove it,” and when the proof is given, cats try to poke holes in it.

You all really want to have an understanding of what you’re chatting about on the internet? Open a goddamn book rather than spewing emotion-based opinions.

I’m not going to do the work for you my guy. There are plenty of books and videos (old ones at that) out there for you to do your own research and base your own conclusions on.

We live in a day and age where folks are so quick to practically say “prove it,” and when the proof is given, cats try to poke holes in it.

You all really want to have an understanding of what you’re chatting about on the internet? Open a goddamn book rather than spewing emotion-based opinions.

You're clearly being the emotional one and just ranting to rant

Here's an actual first-hand account of the reason for the creation of the Crips that I found if anyone was interested:

https://web.archive.org/web/20071115033333/http://www.democracynow.org/article.pl?sid=05/11/30/153247

Well, I mean, I stated it in my memoir, Blue Rage, Black Redemption, that we started out -- at least my intent was to, in a sense, address all of the so-called neighboring gangs in the area and to put, in a sense -- I thought I can cleanse the neighborhood of all these, you know, marauding gangs. But I was totally wrong. And eventually, we morphed into the monster we were addressing.

I posted a quote from the original leader of the Crips that also cites the memoir he authored that seems to go against what you say is "widely documented"

He started a gang to fight and defend against other gangs. It ain't that deep. Ain't nobody judging him for anything or trying to poke holes in ****. I was just wondering.

For the people questioning his affiliation with "gang culture".

Ok Great.

Nip Grew Up into LA gang culture.

As he got older and more mature he decided to step away from the negatives of gang culture and focus on a craft.

In doing this he made a name for himself and decided not disown where he came from or the people who he grew up with.

NIP rapped plenty of times about being young and being in shootouts, loosing friends, and knowing he could have been the one gone forever.

When you from certain places and go thru these things at young ages with ppl, its hard to turn your back on them knowing you could have easily been left in there shoes.

So Nip didn't just throw away his Crip ties, he instead tried to change the gang violence/gun culture that LA was popular for by:
- Creating Jobs in neighborhood (because a poor neighborhood = violence)
- Create programs to promote Education (STEM)
- Show with YG to squash a set beef that was bubbling in LA
- Signing artist from different sets to his label to promote peace (Daylyte video)

Remember Crips were originally formed to protect the neighborhood, and 1 killing from their opposing gang started gang wars for years.

So imo, the argument its not really about us/ Nipsey "supporting the gang culture" (ie. guns/violence), but us supporting his work in changing the gang culture.

Also @P C H , Exactly what lifestyle are they glorifying in that video?

Me and probably majority of people that saw that video only recognized (2) faces, and that was Nipsey & Lauren.

I see no connection in what you say the people you recognized in the video have done to the actual video (I understand it may hit you different).

I watch that video and I see people that look like ppl in my hood or people that I grew up with.

giphy (37).gif

i think this was worse than the junior killing in the BX... im only comparing the 2 because both were murders... but to get shot and killed in front of your own store... the disrespect :smh:

I've come to the conclusion that ****** only accept things as truth if it's cosigned by a white institution :smh:.

Also I'm not even from Cali & have real life experience on how a hood works. from as early as 11-12 it doesn't matter if you bang or not if your from a certain hood your likely to get pressed in another hood simply because your from that area/have fam & friends in that area. So naturally the response to that for a lot of people is joining in with your friends & fam who are already banging.

****** ain't just waking up out the blue and saying i wanna join a fraternity who kill people & do crime, a lot of these dudes hands become forced based on how they grew up.

https://web.archive.org/web/20071115033333/http://www.democracynow.org/article.pl?sid=05/11/30/153247

Do you even understand what you’re quoting?

Tooki Williams intended to have the random gangs roaming around the street of LA form a collectivized organization to protect the community from police.

Over the years powers that be funneled drugs and guns into these communities, which lead to turf wars, which lead to greater gang rivalries. The fact of the matter still remains that the initial intent was for protecting the community. You probably read that and couldn’t wait to post it in this thread like you were really doing it. Would bet a dollar you hit “post reply” and said “SEE?!”

All that googling and typing and you ain’t said a damn thing.

Police , white folks and uppity negroes always trying to justify the death of a *****

I’ll assume everybody in here doing so fits in one of those categories
One of the dumbest things I've read in here

People are supposed to jus say it is what it is and throw their hands up?

One of the dumbest things I've read in here

People are supposed to jus say it is what it is and throw their hands up?

You either 1/3 or a ***** *** ***** you don’t JUSTIFY anybody murder . Who are you to say “well he should of died because ...”

If you think that that’s ok then you *****

People want to do their best to try and turn the narrative into a good one. That narrative just sounds better than two ****** cliquing together to fight off other hoods. Remember, gangs and hood **** didn't start with the Crips

You a got dang fool.

Exactly what I meant about this not being the thread for this convo.

****** are still emotional about Nip...and rightfully so...so that's getting in the way of being objective here. Somebody say some **** that somebody don't like...****** jump in their emo bag and start pointing fingers about who's right and who's wrong. We can never have an honest discussion about this **** without the kid gloves on...cause ****** easily slip into the name calling and all this other goofy ****.

I really wish there was a thread on here that was set up specifically to formally debate with an actual moderator. Cause this **** just turns into a pissing match each time.

You either 1/3 or a ***** *** ***** you don’t JUSTIFY anybody murder . Who are you to say “well he should of died because ...”

If you think that that’s ok then you *****
Read this wrong. I dont think hardly any violent deaths are justified. People are just trying to peice the story together that's all....

Few and far between are the people saying he deserved it because of X, Y, or Z

Read this wrong. I dont think hardly any deathless are justified. People are just trying to price the story together that's all....

Few and far between are the people saying he deserved it because of X, Y, or Z

Oh well my bad :rofl:

But yeah talking bout people saying “he was a crip so what you expect” basically

Back
Top Bottom