RIP Patrick Ko aka NotoriousPat :(

I’m sad to announce that Patrick Ko (NotoriousPat, @pkoouttanowhere) passed away early this morning. He was a first year NikeTalk member. He was a Bay Area sneaker head and a very funny young man. I had the privilege of meeting him at one of the early SF Sneaker Summits and chatting with him on here and Twitter. He will be greatly missed.

RIP Patrick.

RIP to Patrick |l.

Condolences to you and his family.

RIP Pat

Never met him but I used to chat with him on AIM occasionally. I haven't talked to him in a decade and some change. I hardly come to the General section anymore and I decided to come in today to see this. The timing of this is ironic. Pat worked at Footlocker at the time and we talked about the manager at another store, who he knew. That manager was standoffish and not helpful to me. I was trying to get the Jordan XVIII in white/royal. Pat told me that manager's mother passed away recently. I literally just came from the XVIII white/royal retro thread. :frown:

Last edited:
Hey folks,

I have not been on NT in over a decade but I have made an effort to log back in to post on this thread.
Patrick passed away from congenstive heart failure. I don’t have all the details but apparently he was admitted to the hospital around holidays and sadly his body did not respond to treatment. I found out yesterday through our mutual friend who was planning to visit him at the hospital today.

Patrick was easy going guy, who loved Spurs, NY Giants and Michelle Branch. We used to talk on AIM back in the day, hung out at couple of NorCal NT summits and even worked out together for a brief period when he lived in SF. He was down to earth and always willing to help a fellow NTer out (he hooked me up with his discount on a few pairs of Js back in his days as a Footlocker employee).
Unfortunately we did not really keep in touch for quiet some time aside from occasional FB interactions.

RIP Patrick. You will be missed but not forgotten.

Hey folks,

I have not been on NT in over a decade but I have made an effort to log back in to post on this thread.
Patrick passed away from congenstive heart failure. I don’t have all the details but apparently he was admitted to the hospital around holidays and sadly his body did not respond to treatment. I found out yesterday through our mutual friend who was planning to visit him at the hospital today.

Patrick was easy going guy, who loved Spurs, NY Giants and Michelle Branch. We used to talk on AIM back in the day, hung out at couple of NorCal NT summits and even worked out together for a brief period when he lived in SF. He was down to earth and always willing to help a fellow NTer out (he hooked me up with his discount on a few pairs of Js back in his days as a Footlocker employee).
Unfortunately we did not really keep in touch for quiet some time aside from occasional FB interactions.

RIP Patrick. You will be missed but not forgotten.

RIP.

Heart disease is scary

I was lucky to know Pat IRL after meeting him through NikeTalk.

Those early years of NikeTalk were a really interesting time, because since it pre-dated social media as we know it now, we spent a lot of our time in chat rooms and talking on AIM. NikeTalk was a lot smaller, and the Pat was part of the General Forum "every damn night" AIM chat group that included guys like Khlav, Big Fame One, Retrokid, ijapino, Menace, ShoeGeek, Jumpman247, etc. We were on together damn near every single night just BSing, and we all got to know each other really really well.

As we all grew up, we went our separate ways, but Pat was still a guy that I was always interacting with on Facebook. He was one of like 4 people in the world that would like my Tweets. He reached out to me when I was having issues with GameStop. Hell, he'd even watch me when I was streaming on Twitch.

He was a good person. Super funny guy. Incredibly kind. Loved the Giants and Spurs almost as much as he loved Michelle Branch. Huge pro wrestling nerd . We weren't super best friends or anything, but there's definitely a sense of emptiness now that he's gone.

I miss my cuzzo Pat. We aren’t really related but have known each other for about 16 years and somehow greeted each other that way. Met him on here and eventually at the NorCal summits. We AIMed and texted thru the years. He often asked how his nephew was. This past Christmas he texted me and we BSd as usual. I had a really bad feeling for a few days and kept checking on him. He stopped replying. Eventually I heard the news on IG thru a mutual friend and fellow NTer. I was shook and couldn’t sleep that night.

I don’t browse here anymore due to life...but just wanted to make sure there was something for an OG NTer on here. RIP PAT. FOREVER THE NOTORIOUS ONE.

Back
Top Bottom